Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It doesn't matter what your (or his) opinion might be in the future. That's a mighty big roll of the dice to gamble on. What matters is that you're in a relationship right now with a guy who wants kids someday, and he's in a relationship with someone who doesn't. That's a pretty big deal, and I'd advise making him talk with you about it no matter how much he'd rather ignore the problem until it goes away.

Shoe of all Cosmos posted:

I hate that this kind of thing has the potential to be a dealbreaker when we enjoy everything else about each other... This is the best, healthiest relationship I've ever had. :( Except for this one stupid thing.

There is nothing wrong with how you feel about having kids, and there's nothing wrong with how he feels either. But the fact that you guys are on opposite sides of the issue make it way more than "one stupid thing". If it makes you feel better, I broke up with the most awesome and compatible woman I ever dated because she wanted me to stop riding motorcycles. Sure it sounds stupid on the surface, but I knew myself well enough to know I'd be a slowly simmering pot of resentment. Dealbreakers don't have to make sense to be dealbreakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU