Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

computer parts posted:

nope, PS/2's did that, which was fun to discover the first time I unplugged one on a (running) machine and then later needed it.

That seems to be a Windows thing, because I can hotplug PS/2 keyboards in Linux and FreeBSD.

I think this is breaking the spec, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Ssthalar posted:

I got this error a while ago.
I have no idea why it showed up, it weren't very helpful and I haven't seen it since.

The Danish part can be translated into:
"We have sent a team of trained monkeys to fix the situation. If you see them, show them this message."

I'm pretty sure that is an error/backtrace encrypted so only the youtube engineers can read it. Sort of makes sense from a security perspective I suppose. I've pondered how I would replicate that as an Apache or Nginx module.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

8 DIMM slots. DIMM 11 is not compatible. What universe does this machine live in?

edit: this just happened to coincide with someone inserting a CDROM...

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Ataraxia posted:

That looks like a Dell R720 bios boot screen? Don't they have like 24 dimm slots?

It's a Dell 1950

• Locked thread