Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

PopeOnARope posted:

Let's not forget the Granddaddy of the error messages:

Lp0: Printer on fire

I also see plenty of fuckity ones when going to update Dell BIOSes without elevating the process. Usually something along the lines of "Warning, your privledge is not enough. Acquire more privledge and retry"

I just got this picture of some office lady primly nodding her head at the error message, putting on a Tiara then clicking "Retry"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SavageMessiah posted:

If checked, do neither. How is that hard to understand?

It's always been a mystery to me as to why that message is needed at all. Ever.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

rscott posted:

It's the headquarters/practice space for a Bob Seger cover band.

Naw man, the Bob Seger's band was talking about THAT place.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

sanchez posted:

Makes perfect sense to me as well, it failed the check "Computer is not a domain controller"

Funny that it didn't check that right at the beginning before installing a bunch of .NET stuff though.

So you're the one writing error messages like this. Come the revolution you are going to be the first up against the wall.

• Locked thread