Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Pilsner posted:

Also, anyone remember the error dialog boxes you'd sometimes get when Unreal crashed? It'd include the entire stacktrace and sometimes be like 1000 pixels tall.

Hell yeah, I mod Unreal Tournament and yes, I get these crashes every so often. Sometimes it's an error message so big it barely even fits on my 1920x1080 screen. I know I have some good ones screenshotted at home; I'll have to see if I can find them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I've seen much worse than these, but don't have any screenshotted :smith:

Also forgive the horrible Win2k color scheme; I had bad aesthetic taste in high school:

Those were fun errors. Unfortunately I'm a better scripter now and rarely gently caress up that hard, but it still cracks me up when the engine shits itself and throws an error box bigger than the window I was testing in. Sometimes though you get render occlude fault errors that are GIGANTIC and happen when too much is going on at once.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Lum posted:

This, of course needs to be followed up with ye olde classic

These are hilarious but how does this even happen? Assuming it isn't a joke or something, it's not just a simple letter transposition.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Ah, gotcha. Interesting. That's actually kinda cool in a way, though obviously not what you want to happen.

• Locked thread