Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean it’s not as bad as P5 where they tried to kill it entirely, but idk why they’re so willing to die on this hill especially for their lovely dancing games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dragonatrix posted:

Drops from demons are all Assist Forma. They're used to make equipment, items etc. but you need Base Forma to go with it. Once you beat Orias for real, Irving gives the ability to start making equipment since he makes the Forma Search main app then. Need that to get Base Forma in the first place.
Ah ok, yeah I'm past that part. I just wasn't sure what these were for since none of them seemed to have been used.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

I mean it’s not as bad as P5 where they tried to kill it entirely, but idk why they’re so willing to die on this hill especially for their lovely dancing games.

I kind of get it with how weird Japan in general is about clamping down on soundtrack rips, but they've been making just strange authoritarian decisions like this constantly ever since P5 at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

irlZaphod posted:

Ah ok, yeah I'm past that part. I just wasn't sure what these were for since none of them seemed to have been used.

Yeah, okay, it's those Bronze diamonds that appear and can be seen on the map. A few are in fixed one-time locations but they mostly spawn in semi-random predetermined areas. AT is for Swords and Guns, DF is for Armor and AC is for Accessories and Items. Cores are for healing items specifically. Sometimes you'll get Base Forma instead, which is a mild annoyance but that's usually for rarer demons so it works out. Once you get the Base forma, you can see what else you need to unlock that piece of equipment which is nice and sensible. Every purchase requires the Forma as well though. Except Medicine, of course.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Captain Baal posted:

It makes way less sense with this, too
You could make a decent case that people streaming the story of 5 are reducing the demand in the population that is interested in that part of the game's. Who's going to say "well, I was going to buy it, but I saw a streamer do all the dances, so now I'm not interested."

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Keeshhound posted:

It makes way less sense with this, too
You could make a decent case that people streaming the story of 5 are reducing the demand in the population that is interested in that part of the game's. Who's going to say "well, I was going to buy it, but I saw a streamer do all the dances, so now I'm not interested."

I dunno, by most accounts the gameplay of P4D was mediocre (especially compared to, like, actual Hatsune Miku games), so I can see a lot of people being kind of ambivalent about actually playing the sequels while still kind of wanting to see the Persona 3 characters in glorious HD and thus opting to just watch youtube vids of it. Then factor in that it's two games, so there are people who may be "Well, I'll just buy one version and youtube the stuff from the other one," then factor in that people actually saw the $200 worth of DLC in action on youtube they might be, "Now that I've seen all these costumes in action, I'm kind of glad I didn't spend actual money on them because that would have been silly."

But really that says more about the product Atlus is trying to sell than it does about consumers.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/473428060864131072/photo/1

Atlus has always been against posting images online. Persona 5 just happens to be the first Atlus developed game on a console that can tell you no, and reminds you throughout the game as trophy screenshots are blocked.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/473428060864131072/photo/1

Atlus has always been against posting images online. Persona 5 just happens to be the first Atlus developed game on a console that can tell you no, and reminds you throughout the game as trophy screenshots are blocked.
Did anything ever actually happen with PQ though? I thought everyone just mostly ignored it and nothing happened

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"everyone mostly ignored it and nothing happened" does sound like pq to me

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of,

Here's the special music videos.

Persona 3 :effort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZvOVOfrjio

Persona 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBoRJGRUtH0

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 25, 2018

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Manatee Cannon posted:

"everyone mostly ignored it and nothing happened" does sound like pq to me

I was going to make a "much like the game" joke but my phone battery was in critical condition so thank you for making the joke for me. :v:

Kinda hope that PQ2 ends up being better.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the first game was a cool idea that felt phoned in, so I'd be happy if the sequel makes good on it this time

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Giving all 16 characters and 7 navigators a fuckton of lines a comment on each different enemy type was really cool and would love 2 to continue that with the demons from 5 instead of generic shadows.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why can't any of these teens dance

the p3 girl group is cute, the p3 boy group is awful. who makes a dancing music video of just techno music that has three bars on repeat

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 25, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the p5 girl group is a cute chicago reference but the weird shots of the girls being sexy is uh
well, im gay and old so im probably not the target audience!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Arist posted:

I kind of get it with how weird Japan in general is about clamping down on soundtrack rips, but they've been making just strange authoritarian decisions like this constantly ever since P5 at least.

Meanwhile, at Falcom

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Is there a route in SJ:Redux where I can date Alex? I have a thing for women who are trying to kill me.

Also her boss theme is pretty cool imo

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Had my first party wipe in SJ Redux. :staredog: Thankfully I had saved not too long before.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

irlZaphod posted:

Had my first party wipe in SJ Redux. :staredog: Thankfully I had saved not too long before.

My first party wipe was with the first demonee-ho EX mission. Man those are hard!. I'm currently in the third sector. I think now I've been wiped like 15 times. All of those times were in the Womb.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You played SJ while unborn?! :dogbutton:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Mine was just with a random unknown mob. I kinda hosed up and used Bufu on the wrong enemy. One of them had Rampage and killed my main healer, I thought I'd be ok (probably should have revived that demon) but I wasn't.

I only have 1 EX mission so far, and it's to find a Bead. Which so far I haven't had any of yet?? Normally SMT games give them out like candy.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

Mine was just with a random unknown mob. I kinda hosed up and used Bufu on the wrong enemy. One of them had Rampage and killed my main healer, I thought I'd be ok (probably should have revived that demon) but I wasn't.

I only have 1 EX mission so far, and it's to find a Bead. Which so far I haven't had any of yet?? Normally SMT games give them out like candy.

There is a free DLC that gives you a bunch of free stuff, including a bead. That's how I got mine.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 25, 2018

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

You’ll get a bead for killing the first sector’s boss.

I’m on my way to beat the boss of Carina and I’ve only died once from a very unfortunate encounter with a doppelgänger in the womb.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

We're voting on abortion today so all this talk of wombs is unnerving.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

irlZaphod posted:

We're voting on abortion today so all this talk of wombs is unnerving.

Go n-éirí leat

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
strange journey to the womb

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

littleorv posted:

You’ll get a bead for killing the first sector’s boss.

I’m on my way to beat the boss of Carina and I’ve only died once from a very unfortunate encounter with a doppelgänger in the womb.

That was like 7 of my deaths. I kept reloading a save trying to beat it and it's 2 Nekomata friends, before I realized that my team wasn't good enough.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Doppelganger is weak to Expel and Curse. :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i haven't died to any SJ redux bosses yet based on somehow remembering they're weaknesses from playing like, a million years ago

have died to alex tho...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ZO8AW-lvU

Hi Yukiko.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Make Persona 6 a game where you play as a teacher or professor and recruit a ragtag group of co-workers and students so you can keep the same structure people know and mostly love but not have it be a game about dating 15 year olds.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Make Persona 6 a game where you play as a teacher or professor and recruit....students ...not have it be a game about dating 15 year olds.

You sure you trust atlus with that?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Question about sector C in strange journey redux : where does horkos move after you hit him in the room you meet mastema at? I got Unlock B and explored some areas but can't find him. Probably just missed the correct area or do I have to do something else that I am not getting?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Make Persona 6 a game where you play as a teacher or professor and recruit a ragtag group of co-workers and students so you can keep the same structure people know and mostly love but not have it be a game about dating 15 year olds.

Lol if you think the professor wouldn’t try and bang the students

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Artelier posted:

Question about sector C in strange journey redux : where does horkos move after you hit him in the room you meet mastema at? I got Unlock B and explored some areas but can't find him. Probably just missed the correct area or do I have to do something else that I am not getting?

iirc this is when you go upstairs near that room and look at the weird machine in the middle of the room to get a forma

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just watched the devil man anime on netflix and hey SMT has just been doing devilman stories for 20 years

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah but that's a good thing

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it owns, it really just makes me want another SMT anime. you could make a good 12ep show out of SMT1 probably

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Artelier posted:

The other response wasn't correct. After you get Unlock B, you unlock an area on the first floor, and move up to the second floor. There will be a room where it says Horkos isn't there, although he sounds like next door. There should be a hidden door near there (you have to look at the wall) on the floor. Go into the room that leads to. I don't know if you still need help with this, but hopefully it will help people that have this problem in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Motto posted:

You sure you trust atlus with that?

I feel like persona 2 already proved that you can't