Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

It's gonna be cheap garbage. Don't wanna rain on anybody's parade but none of atlus's deluxe merch has ever been worth it.

The shujin bag is dollar store quality, they hosed up the printing of sj's soundtrack, the teddie punching bag popped after a day.

Just don't ever buy premium editions, just pick up the art book later

I'll have my fingers crossed that this will be different and if not, oh well at least the artbook looks nice. I almost never buy special editions of games but I love SMT enough to splurge for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

amigolupus posted:

Wasn't that one of the things they fixed for the HD remaster?

No.

"Broken" probably isn't the right word. There's no bugs or anything messing luck up, it just doesn't do much by design.

Edit: okay actually I think the "chance to run away" part was bugged. I don't think that was fixed in the remaster? But the fact luck does almost nothing in combat is by design.

Snake Maze fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 23, 2021

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

What if they didn't tho, that could also be cool

What if they did it like those cut Disney demons and made a demonic redesign for sonic?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Yeah, luck's improvements are nearly a subset of what agility improves. The only thing it does that agility doesn't is very slightly improve magic accuracy. And for 2 of the things they share, Luck is only half as effective as agility.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

It's gonna be cheap garbage. Don't wanna rain on anybody's parade but none of atlus's deluxe merch has ever been worth it.

The shujin bag is dollar store quality, they hosed up the printing of sj's soundtrack, the teddie punching bag popped after a day.

Just don't ever buy premium editions, just pick up the art book later

This is true. I guess I’m just bummed out because it feels like every time something I want drops there’s this insane fight. I’m so loving sick of scalpers.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

laughing my rear end off that he's got resist wind

For some reason Wind is Sonic's element. In the Sonic RPG, he used wind skills. Guess what everything in the entire game is resistant to.

Kinda disappointed it's movie Sonic going by that tweet. I would have tried the mobile game again if it wasn't. But I guess that makes more sense for an SMT setting. Both being a live action version of him, and also him looking slightly more passable as some kind of cryptid based on someone just describing him to someone else.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Hrist posted:

Kinda disappointed it's movie Sonic going by that tweet.

https://twitter.com/AShadowLink/status/1407494852602957827?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Probably picked that up while he was in the Fist of the North Star mobile game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I always thought Sonic was a lightning type. I think it's the rings.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sonic does a lot of glowing yellow so that's lightning-adjascent. Also in the movie he's explicitly some kind of electric because Eggman uses one of his quills as a power source

Also SMT games have always had some weird decisions about stats. Like, SMT4 having STR be useless next to DEX, MAG being basically useless in SMT1/2. An incredibly strange mistake to keep making or an equally strange decision to keep making on purpose

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

This changes everything. :staredog:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sonic does a lot of glowing yellow so that's lightning-adjascent. Also in the movie he's explicitly some kind of electric because Eggman uses one of his quills as a power source

Also SMT games have always had some weird decisions about stats. Like, SMT4 having STR be useless next to DEX, MAG being basically useless in SMT1/2. An incredibly strange mistake to keep making or an equally strange decision to keep making on purpose

SMT2 making STR give the same increase in HP as STM is truly brain scratching, there's almost zero reason to pump STM. I think the only stamina gated door is postgame.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What Demon Race and Arcana is Sonic?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Funky Valentine posted:

What Demon Race and Arcana is Sonic?

? ?

I think the other gacha-only crossover demons are the same "blank" race/arcana

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't know if it would be funnier if they had redrawn Sonic as an SMT type character, or doing what they did and just slapped a Sonic X screenshot in there

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They did a DMCV crossover a few years back, right? Did Dante remain a Fiend?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

ChaosArgate posted:

They did a DMCV crossover a few years back, right? Did Dante remain a Fiend?

Yeah, he's still a Fiend as is Nero, though V is ??

Also, Griffith from the Berserk crossover is Hero and that just makes me laugh.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Sonic.exe

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

On a completely separate note, somehow this composer basically derived the themes of SMT from the lyrics of Fierce Battle lol.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I want Sonic with a black upper lip and porcelain arms/belly for the true SMT vibe. Maybe elongate his neck too idk

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its i am the bug inside you

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Draga posted:

Yeah, he's still a Fiend as is Nero, though V is ??

Sick, I love consistency like this.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1407699653844357120

Best Buy's got the SMTV premium edition.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

lmao after our talk about Chemtrails, Sonic.exe would be a loving sick demon

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Stux posted:

Its not. If you listen to a decent quality version, with decent headphones, on .5 times speed, its really easy to pick out "outside you" so "bug" doesn't make any sense. "heaven" isn't there though. Its most likely supposed to be "I'm above outside you."

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Also, looks like based on the video today, Arioch is going to be in SMT V, which hasn't been in a mainline game since SMT 1.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
if you get a fusion accident with sonic it should give you sanic

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MegaZeroX posted:

Its not. If you listen to a decent quality version, with decent headphones, on .5 times speed, its really easy to pick out "outside you" so "bug" doesn't make any sense. "heaven" isn't there though. Its most likely supposed to be "I'm above outside you."

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, even if it doesn't make as much thematic sense, "I am the bug inside you" is visceral af and makes me remember that Nocturne has the best jrpg intro hour of all time, so I'll happily pretend that's the actual lyric.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

drat, those comics must've gone some wild places after Archie stopped publishing them.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the original lyrics are shoji meguro typing english bible verses that he likely barely understood into a text to speech generator because it sounded cool.

i dunno how much sense it makes to read into them, they can kind of be whatever you want

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One more lyric rejected

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

This is a controversial statement but I like the compressed soundtrack. Like obviously they should have included the option to choose between PS2 compressed and uncompressed OST, but I like how hosed up and crunchy the sound quality is because it fits with the overall abrasiveness of the game. A game where the soundtrack is screaming ANOTHER GOD REJECTED at you during battle should have an equally hosed-up sonic quality

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Sonic is aligned with Chaos, and you have to be willing to crush the weak to survive in a world of strength

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's got an entire garden of chaos

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

compressed music and no voice acting creates theh perfect atmos for nocturne and anything else is practically criminal

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Stux posted:

compressed music and no voice acting creates theh perfect atmos for nocturne and anything else is practically criminal

But then we'd miss out of Hell Rider Randy Savage.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Gaius Marius posted:

He's got an entire garden of chaos

Leaked image from SMT V

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

im playin nocturne hd with the voices and tbh they're p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I think I prefer no-voices-Nocturne, but I'm enjoying the voice acting nonetheless. That being said, Hikawa's voice actor is chewing the poo poo out of the scenery and absolutely kills it. Overacting while remaining stoic is a skill that I respect to an intense degree.