Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It gets kinda chuggy on the switch if you’re sensitive to that. Didn’t bother me much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

P2 PSP EP got translated in case anyone has this thread bookmarked and not the Persona one

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

:sickos:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HexenVexen/status/1552004352952438787

its using the og ps1 tl as a base but standardizes spell names and p1 char names and stuff, and afaik the new stuff in epp has a fresh tl

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
It just occurred to me that as far as I can tell, there's no TALK button in the combat menu in Soul Hackers 2 and they've never shown the characters talking to demons in battle.
They showed the mechanic where you find your demons hanging around in the dungeon and one of the bonuses is "they introduce you to their friend" (a new demon joins), I thought it was just like a small thing but I wonder if it's actually the only way you can recruit demons this time around.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QzKiFiVCE

Soul Hackers 2 DLC video - You got your Soul Hackers 1 costumes, your Raidou costumes, your Persona 5 uniform costumes, your Persona 4 uniform costumes, your Shin Megami Tensei IV costumes, and your Swimsuit costumes. The costume packs come with battle music from their respective games, as per.

Eight DLC demons (in addition to Ai-ho), which you can purchase in sets.

You also got your Atlus Mystery Girl in the DLC scenario. She doesn't appear to be an actual party member and instead is more of a guest that pop in to attack during combat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where are the Soul Hackers Dancing All Night costumes that look nothing like what the characters actually wear in Dancing All Night.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
https://twitter.com/EffInvicta/status/1556670557332045824

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I finally got around to playing SMT5, I decided to play on hard mode, and holy poo poo Hydra does not gently caress around. Even with spamming dampeners every round I have not yet figured out how to deal with Frenzy, since the only attack debuffer I've found so far is poor Neko Shogun

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

I think that's more of a Butch Mermaid than Femme, personally.

Prism fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 10, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
a femme in flannel

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
wearing jeans over a tail

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
a jean tube, or jube, if you will

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Item Getter posted:

It just occurred to me that as far as I can tell, there's no TALK button in the combat menu in Soul Hackers 2 and they've never shown the characters talking to demons in battle.
They showed the mechanic where you find your demons hanging around in the dungeon and one of the bonuses is "they introduce you to their friend" (a new demon joins), I thought it was just like a small thing but I wonder if it's actually the only way you can recruit demons this time around.

I have done a preview and yes, no in battle demon negotiation.

Negotiation is also now binary:
If you are within level range the demon will make one request. Accept and they join. Refuse and they don't. Sometimes they won't make a request but it is still Yes/No.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

How does she put on the jean?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

wologar posted:

How does she put on the jean?

It's VERY stretchy denim.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It zips up the back

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Same as anyone else, one tail at a time.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
drat, covered up her cloaca bones.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

last night i finally beat hydra... aaaa!!

tho i had to turn the difficulty down to normal, fuse a neko shogun, get it to lv 8 with 2 grimoires and 2 tsuchigumos, and even then it took me two tries because the first time hydra wiped half my team on turn 1

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can still go back and do it on hard, I believe in you

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Gaius Marius posted:

You can still go back and do it on hard, I believe in you

trust me i tried him on hard like 15 times prior and no dice... 😔

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I started SMT IV last night and am getting my rear end beat by the Wendigo mob. I think I hosed up because I saved right before the battle and I’m down multiple demons and can’t get to a heal without gettin poisongassed to death and/or getting killed by random encounters, what’s my best option?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DC Murderverse posted:

I started SMT IV last night and am getting my rear end beat by the Wendigo mob. I think I hosed up because I saved right before the battle and I’m down multiple demons and can’t get to a heal without gettin poisongassed to death and/or getting killed by random encounters, what’s my best option?

Pay Charon.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 15, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Walk around with your 3DS so you can give Charon the Nintendo play coins he so desperately wants and never worry about dying again

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

shoot them with a gun

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Paying Charon puts me exactly where I’m saved, it doesn’t keep me from getting killed in one shot right before I finish the battle.

Booky posted:

shoot them with a gun

this was the correct answer. that and dropping the difficulty

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
So what's the word on the new soul hackers? I feel like the hype is nearly not existent?

Me, I'm just ecstatic that we're getting a new megaten game so quickly after V took forever to cook up. But I don't like the character designs at all, though I'm on board for comic book style demons.

My biggest concern is that it's going to feel like a filler/padded RPG without an interesting story at all. SMTV was really fun to play but oof that story was weak weak weak

Anyways, I'll probably get soul hackers 2 at launch, I had a good time with the persona. Q. Spin-offs so my tolerance for random filler is pretty high I guess. Hoping it ends up being a really good entry though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the smt5 story was godlike

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm waiting for impressions because I thought TMS was pretty dull and its the same directors, but my expectations are that it'll be an improvement

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Stux posted:

smt5 had a story?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

I'm waiting for impressions because I thought TMS was pretty dull and its the same directors, but my expectations are that it'll be an improvement

oh i didnt realise its literally the tms ppl... uhh im going to wait on it then lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

smt5 had a story?

saying this only makes you look like a dullard who is incapable of paying attention to what is going on around you

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Stux posted:

Meh I disagree. It feels like nothing was taken seriously or with any real gravitas and at the end of the day it just felt like a weird Saturday morning cartoon with no bite. People accused SMTIV of being a little too infantilised but even that game had more dramatic moments and fleshed out world building. Bruh that big reveal In IV, one of the best gaming moments ever

The lahmu stuff was also weird and irrelevant, gave me mad garlic Jr saga energy

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

So far I think Famitsu is the only place that's officially reviewed it, so in other words we still have nothing to really go on. Apparently Atlus West has sent out copies for streamers to show off, and that'll start tomorrow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5IfjMZXig

Opening movie for Soul Hackers 2.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I was super excited at the end of V when the supposed main non-christian god antagonists appeared. Like holy poo poo they're going to actually have a relevant role in the plot! Apocalypse was leading up to this type of mix up gently caress YES

Nooope lmao massive wet fart. They have zero associated plot relevance, have nothing of interest to say, contribute absolutely nothing to the greater world. And the way they were implemented was just sloppy It felt like they ran out of dev time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Meh I disagree. It feels like nothing was taken seriously or with any real gravitas and at the end of the day it just felt like a weird Saturday morning cartoon with no bite. People accused SMT. Four of being a little too infantilised but even that game had more dramatic moments and fleshed out world building

The lahmu stuff was also weird and irrelevant, gave me mad garlic Jr saga energy

smt5 has more world building than any other game in the series and its wasted on smt4 and persona brained children who lose interest when a human npc isnt the focus and they arent being told directly whats happening using an obscene number of text boxes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

KingSlime posted:

I was super excited at the end when the supposed main non-christian god antagonists appeared. Like holy poo poo they're going to actually have a relevant role in the plot

Nooope lmao massive wet fart

they do have a relevant role in the plot. youre inability to pay attention is a personal failing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Stux posted:

smt5 has more world building than any other game in the series

It's got less world building than SMT 1 or 2.

Not even a single Thorman or DIAMOND REALM or VR Elysium in 5. Sad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i played 1 directly before 5 after replaying nocturne and: lol no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Stux posted:

they do have a relevant role in the plot. youre inability to pay attention is a personal failing.

Lore aside, why didn't they have a unique dungeon or environment or do anything at all other than just stand there like lovely side quests?

The preview for V years ago for example teased that Odin would have a bigger role. IV and IVA have their flaws but at least they are entertaining

V is still really fun to play but in many ways it's the botw of megaten and I don't say that as a high compliment