Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Apparently my Zune player thinks that the Catherine soundtrack is from the Wu-Tang Clan. :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Okay, I think Grand Gigas's thing about "God only wanted blood thing" is a bit ridiculous.

From what I read. It's not that "his crops were lovely/God only wanted animals" but that he took whatever was lying around and just really didn't think about the sacrifice and that's why God was upset because Abel took the very best he had to offer and basically made sure that strict attention was paid to what he sacrificing. I really think the whole "God craves blood" thing is a bit of a stretch and you're reading what you want out of it.

But really, I'm a Christian (Yeah, kind of funny that I play Shin Megami games especially since they almost all pretty much say "gently caress off God!" but I'm a big enough boy to ignore that) and I probably have a bit more favourable view God than most here.

Just thought I'd offer up my 2 cents on the story though.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Justice posted:

Speaking of which, Persona 2 for PSP comes out in a couple weeks. Have you all pre-ordered yet? :raise:

Pre-ordered since early August. :)

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Alteisen posted:

Playing Persona 1 in preparation for innocent sin, anything I should know before starting?

As people stated. You really shouldn't. But if you choose to do so, remember that exp is given out by how much damage a person did in battle, so if someone starts trailing behind. You will have to sit out your main damage dealers and let the slow kid try and catch up.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Persona 4 was awesome because the main cast clicked way better than 3's ever did and the light fun atmosphere I think helped that.

So yeah, more of Persona 4 style I would love.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Nessa posted:

Oh man... Akihiko versus Kanji. That could get double weird in the English version.

Why would it be? They had different voice actors if that's what you're alluding to.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Nessa posted:

But I guess I'm in the minority here for really liking her character, since it seems like everyone else detests her.

You're not a really small minority I'd think. I liked her character too.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
This will be so fantastic if they just repeat the exact same set of clues again. Even right down to the pixel clue.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Justice posted:

After Persona 2 there wasn't another game in the series for eight years. Who knows, maybe in half a decade they'll make Shadow Hearts 4, and then immediately churn out a near-identical game a year or two later.

That depends if another dev wants to handle it, because the original developers for the Shadow Hearts series went out of business.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Alteisen posted:

Which is a shame as Nautilus was made up from all the people that left Square before it went to poo poo, not enough androgynous pretty boys in their games are guess, the humor was probably a no-no to.

"A protagonist that's perfectly content with his life? THIS WILL NOT STAND"

Apparently a bunch of employees went on to form FeelPlus which went on to make Lost Odyssey, which you could somewhat tell by the ring system battle system it had, but they really didn't make anything good afterwards.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

RadicalR posted:

Also, anyone looking towards Devil Survivor 2? I'm not too crazy about the characters (seriously :wtc:) but as long they got the same gameplay, I'm good.

I've had it ore-ordered ever since I could. I'm also a crazy guy that doesn't mind the character designs. They're not great by any means, but I don't have any big issue with them either.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Katsudon posted:

There was some talk about JYB's Yu a bunch of pages back so I thought this might be worth mentioning but now that the game's out and a couple of last summer cons have passed JYB's been getting asked about it. It's pretty clear that even HE'S uncomfortable with having to do both, but it's what the directors want so. He even tried out a different voice for Adachi in the anime he was saying but it didn't feel right at all.

Amusingly enough he didn't even know he was going to be the MC originally, they only told him after he did all of Adachi's stuff ha ha. :allears:

I guess the ADR directors haven't been reading, I dunno, THE ENTIRE INTERNET? Every single time I see it brought up it's been said having him do both is a dumb idea and it is. The only reason I could possibly see that they think he has to do both is because Persona 4:Arena established him as Yu's voice too, but I don't think anybody would give 2 shits about it unless they really, really love JYB.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Spiffo posted:

Well to be fair, Persona 4 Original established them as having the same voice.

Yeah, but all he ever did was shout "Persona!" in a cutscene and in-fights and grunted a lot. That role could have easily been recasted with 0% complaining except maybe from extreme JYB fans. I just assumed they had him double up in the games because why not? Nobody would care and you save on VA money.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

King of Solomon posted:

I own a Vita, but I'm not going to lie, I kind of always planned on getting one specifically for P4G (Gravity Rush just kind of pushed me into getting it earlier than intended.)

I did the exact same thing. Was gonna get a Vita for P4G but I had extra money and Gamestop had a sale where you'd get a game of your choice for free out of a select few and they were offering Gravity Rush which I really wanted to try.

I probably wouln't have bought the system just yet if P4G wasn't coming out for it.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Len posted:

Trinity Soul isn't worth watching correct?

Yep. Starts off somewhat interesting with a bunch of murder stuff happening, but then it's all anime bullshit loving stupid stuff and you'll hate that they tried to actually link it to Persona 3 in any way.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I am exited to play and platinum Persona 5 all over again. I just hope the English version isn’t too far off from the Japanese release.

Edit: ughhhhhh. 2020

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Switch port will be vanilla game story wise and none of the new additions, but will add FemMc so you will now buy the game on PS4 and Switch, now owning 3 copies of the game.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I would have preferred the switch port tbh.

I’ll probably still get this but I am very very apathetic on musou games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I don't know what it is about porting games to the Switch that makes people go so apeshit

It’s a portable system. You can play full fledged console game on the go. That’s why people want tons of ports to happen, hope that helps you understand.