Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the cool dog that never does anything and joins your party at a completely useless level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

that's a wrap. went chaos and found the ending fairly underwhelming, other than the credits song, which is an all-timer

guess I'll play 3 now? though I've heard there are a lot of dungeons in that game, which were my least favorite part of this one

When you finish 3 you'll wish there were more dungeons in 5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't know if it's just me but it feels like there's a huge lack of any demons that are good at wind, especially in the late third/early fourth areas. It's consistently the one element I'm always short on.

Did you try giving someone a Wind spell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's completionist categories that try to guess at 100%, for what it's worth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played the PS2 version blind last year using purely Magic and Vit and was still able to clear TDE, albeit I had to do a grip of grinding and fusing to prepare properly for it. Anything is viable!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When's the eShop closing? Wondering if I should just snag all these now or embrace the gambler spirit and wait for even deeper discounts before it shutters...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Related I been playing SMT1 recently for the first time and it loving owns. The leaps from MT->NT2->SMT are pretty incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're just going for extra endings on Reborn you can run from the beginning to the end of the game in like 3 hours, it's not that bad. It's just kind of boring, considering there's only a handful of times you need to do anything to secure a different ending.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Manual skill inheritance is probably worth the money but FWIW I played through on original hardware last year and thought it was a near flawless game . Except for random skill inheritance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lets hang out posted:

Previews of sh2 have been pretty positive, and make it sound like way more of a dungeon crawler than 5 was, but I just can't get excited for it

The character designs are a huge turn off for me. But I also hope it's good, I'll play it some day no matter what probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A lot of the boss fights really felt like they built encounters around the dampeners and the fact that every demon could use items by default feels like a concession they made to make the former work.

Technically it's not default, you have to unlock it. I never took that skill bc it seemed stupidly OP and had a great time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Nahobino should have a Gun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

gonna replay smtv on hard.....

Enjoy, it's a great time. Ive been thinking about playing again and buying the fiend dlc since I never played it. But probably close enough to rerelease/sequel or whatever that I should probably just wait...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its an indicator to help up if you haven't or try to beeline to a door before the trigger goes off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought the obelisk is like 2 thirds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I chose TDE because I wanted to fight the secret boss at the end :blastu:

Yup

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope the latter, the demon assets and gameplay in V were top notch but the level design was kinda boring for a lot of it. Still loved it and played it twice. But you could make something truly spectacular with a expandquel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Huh, investigating about the III OST led me to a comment mentioning that the Amala Battle theme is not compressed in-game compared to the other battle themes, and it does sound like that, which implies Meguro compressed the music on purposed and that's why it's not the OST versions in-game. Interesting.

Also is it OK to run a Magic Demifiend if not going for TDE the first runthrough? I know physical is better and IIRC magic has a weird thing where higher level weakens it unlike physical, but it's to give more variety to each playthrough.

I got TDE with a Magic Demifiend - anything is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

never played smtv before, getting slightly hype

It kicks rear end. Only complaint from me is that the level design is fairly bland throughout most of the game. More than makes up for it in the gameplay and how rewarding exploring is. I just wish it was nicer to look at.