Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Suaimhneas posted:

One problem with a P4P: severe lack of dateable guys. Once you eliminate the ones with existing romantic entanglements and/or incompatible preferences, that leaves, what? Kou (boring) or Teddie (:gonk:)

Maybe they could give Funky Student a social link.

Kou, Daisuke, Yosuke, maybe Teddy? P3P had three dateable guys (Shinji, Akihiko, and... uh. Ken). So really only two. That's not counting the student council president and Ryoji, though. You might replace the Moon and Devil social links. Or... or not.

If they ever make a P4P I really hope they keep Kanji's social link the same. It feels like it would be appropriate for either sex.

Justice posted:

Who knows, we could always get a spin-off game based on the cartoon somehow :anime:

An anime game based on an anime based on an anime game.

My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Justice posted:

Even if that were the case, North America would be lucky to get it, considering how poorly Persona 4 sold here.

I could see releasing a P4P in the US as being a pretty smart move if it comes out as a launch title/around the time Vita launches in the US. It would fill the same void Overclocked did with the 3DS.

I mean they did do an English release for Catherine, of all things, and it managed to exceed sales expectations.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Endorph posted:

Also for a P4P, the wonkiest possibility I can imagine is a Teddie romance. I have no idea why but even just the idea blows my mind.
I say a Kanji romance would be the worst thing and completely miss the point of his character to begin with.

Also a Teddie romance would be the creepiest thing. I'd hope he'd respect a female PC as much as he did the male one. ...On the other hand, bear puns. Bear puns forever.

Momomo posted:

Yeah, but if it takes so much effort, what have they been doing the past two years? They should surely have something to show for the work they've supposedly been doing, but we've gotten absolutely nothing.

They were working on Catherine. :eng101:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Nathander posted:

Remember the car crash that kills the main protagonists family? His family was mother, father, and twin sister. In the original, he's the one that lives. In P3P route, he's the one that dies and it's his twin sister you play as.

Wait, was this ever confirmed? I always thought it was just fans being fans.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I'm really interested in what the 8th day is like, too. I mean I'll probably buy Overclock anyway but it'll be better if I set myself up for disappointment.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Cityinthesea posted:

Ugh, if they don't include a female MC I don't really see how much new stuff they can add without it being basically the same thing.

This seems to be more of an FES thing than a P3P thing. Like FES added a bunch of fluffy things but nothing super substantial other than the Answer. Maybe they'll release a P4P for the 3DS because then they could excuse away not putting much effort into it. :shepface:

I'll probably preorder the game but wait a few years for the Vita to go down in price or the Vita Slim to come out or whatever. That's assuming this even comes out in the US. I don't see why it wouldn't because it's not like the Vita is going to be bursting with competition but then again ~Atlus~.

How could they not include a female path wasn't the female path super popular in P3P aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I'm just going to point out that I don't think anyone requested a Ken romance option in P3P and that was just Atlus being horrible all on their own.

Nobody even liked Ken.

Archetype posted:

I want creepy Adachi social link option. That would be interesting to play through.

And if there's no female MC then at least let the male MC date Kanji.

Basically both of these things are the only real selling points for me.

The fan requested thing is going to be dumb, I'm sure.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

Persona 4 was awesome because the main cast clicked way better than 3's ever did and the light fun atmosphere I think helped that.

So yeah, more of Persona 4 style I would love.

So long as they get rid of the 'a series of extended red herrings followed by three false endings' thing, I wouldn't mind another more lighthearted Persona.

Technique posted:

Calling it now: P5 will ditch the combat system and go on full-on dating sim harem comedy. (and it will better than any other SMT game)

It would be a funny joke if it wasn't so probable. :sigh:

But the only reason I dated those girls was so I would get their s-links to max level so I could make stronger demons. Without their ability to help me summon demons, angels, and gods, they are useless to me.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

U.T. Raptor posted:

It really doesn't seem fair to blame Naoto for getting stuck doing all the exposition, I'm sure the writers would just have had someone else do it if she weren't there.

Naoto could have been a perfectly pleasant character if they took away the only reason she was there, yeah. Unfortunately, her sole purpose was to be a condescending plot fairy, so that's how we judge her.

How do you fix a character that does nothing but plot dump?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

He made fun of Kanji a few times and got over it as the game went on. IIRC the tent scenario was the last time it was ever mentioned.

Though I never did the bro Christmas, which seems like a point where that would spring up again.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Those aren't tits. That girl has obviously stuffed balloons in her shirt in an attempt to float away and escape the demons.

Goddamn whoever looked at that design and gave the go-ahead is the worst.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

That and it's set in a high school.

And they put in a social link system.

Game's basically Persona 3.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Ahahaha. That list could not be more opposite goon popular opinion. :allears:

Alteisen posted:

I'm amazed Ms. I have no personality Amagi scored higher than so many characters.

Are you really amazed?

You're not really. You liar. :mad:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Gpersona 5.

Could be their Game of Thrones game but I thought that was already announced.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

The Atlus newsletter is run by jerks.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Naoya's seventh day is the hardest and the most bullshit, but I wouldn't say it's significantly harder than Amane's.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

On the plus side, if Naoto wasn't there the investigation team probably would've had to wait for Adachi to actually gently caress up, which would've been equally unsatisfying. They had to magic up a character and a reason to solve the mystery because they had no idea how to solve it naturally.

It's like those CYOA Sherlock Holmes books where Holmes shows up at the end and explains the mystery to you because he's a giant jerk.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Thing is that they pretty much did just that. As another poster said, there were a bunch of rewrites that resulted into that clusterfuck of a finale.

Alternatively that 'everybody has a different side' thing applies to him just as much as it does to everyone else in the game, but it's still felt like they realized they had no good way to wrap the game up. I didn't need Adachi's involvement to be obvious but there's no way for you to solve the mystery without Naoto calling him out and Adachi just deciding that he was beaten. He even admits that there's absolutely no way for them to pin anything on him because there's no physical evidence, but he decides to suddenly become a egomaniac anyway.

Then Izanami happened because of course.

I'm hoping they throw in a social link with Adachi. It could provide insight into his character and make the turn easier to swallow.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Nobody will bother them because they think they're a dangerous motorcycle gang.

Oh goodness I hope there's a scene with Dojima laying into the MC about scooter safety. :allears:

Sex_Ferguson posted:

What are they adding that actually changes the story? Some halloween event and a ski trip seem more like joke events to me than they do actual events that somehow fix the story and really, I highly doubt that this new town is going to be for anything more than just some sightseeing trip. Mary's still pretty ambiguous, but she definitely isn't giving me the impression of some giant factor in the overall game.

We don't really know yet, but all of these additions suggest that they're at least going to be shuffling things around a bit. Maybe the 'most requested feature' is better writing? :v:

At the very least I'm hoping they'll add something a bit substantial like the social links in P3P.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Are you sure you're not just insanely underleveled? Because that sounds miserable.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I'm less concerned with the giant boobs and more concerned with her hilarious miniskirt.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure the last poll had MC/Yosuke/Chie in the top three spots. Yukiko's probably in the top ten.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Gonna spend all my time gardening. gently caress friendship and finding my true self. Gotta make sure these tomatoes come in okay.

Not leveling up social links unless they stop by to garden. :colbert:

Meowjesty fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 22, 2012

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

My time with Rune Factory Frontier leads me to believe that this is a dangerous development.

...Atlus, I need to be able to use my personas to manage my farm garden while I'm out dungeon crawling. :catstare:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

None of that is as cool as getting Junpei's hat for preordering P3P.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Later you discover that you're locked out of an ending because you picked the wrong option out of two nearly identical options.

Giiiiiiiin :argh:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

You were warned. :mad:

I wouldn't worry about DS2 becoming rare. It's going to sell and Atlus is going to print more copies.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

You can buy them on PSN, and all/most PSN PSP games can be played on Vita. EP will probably also be on PSN when it comes out.

Just don't buy the UMDs!

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Is... is this a game about having children with women and girls and then forcing those children to fight monsters? :ohdear:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

TheLoser posted:

This is the game's way of punishing you for having two or more girlfriends at once, you dirtbag.

No, it's the game's way of punishing you for having no girlfriends. :smith:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I don't think they're going to give you the option to date Adachi, Katsudon.

But I, too, hope his social link is everything I want it to be. :swoon:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Kanji's drink looks delicious.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Mara is a giant penis in a chariot and also it spits fire. It is clearly the most hardcore of all Persona.

There are other persona that are weird or ridiculous or come close (like Satan) but Mara is just the most magical.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

At the rate they're remaking SMT games they have to get around to making a 3DS/Vita Nocturne eventually right :ohdear:

Yes, but only after their lifetime in the console cycle has been over for two years. :v:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Why hasn't anyone said Mara?

Guys c'mon.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Dehry posted:

I can't think of anything in the premise of the game that would be a problem, but some of the revelations (which are spoilers) may constitute a higher rating. I doubt the slashfic dungeons where you can pair up P3MC and P4MC with whoever you want caused a problem.

What.

WHAT!!

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder how many waifus there will be. Will there be five?

Will there be a husbando though????

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Agreed... Dark Souls is hard as hell

Um, actually, dark souls is

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Shinjirou is the best girl tho.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

MotU posted:

Male MC has Better Girls

Akihiko and Shinjiro are better than all of the other waifus combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

Sneak peek of plot progression in P4D

:nsfw::nsfw:

Is she a miner?