Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

Mopeds!

Yosuke, no. You're just going to crash again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

Dog Toggle Switch posted:

Aside from Aegis, do you think any other Persona 3 characters are going to make the cut for the last few select screen slots? My heart says Junpei, but for variety I'd bet on Koromaru.

If Koromaru's in, this game's a guaranteed purchase for me.

I expect Ken is the most likely of the SEES members to be excluded, since he wouldn't look exactly the same after two years. Then again, they aren't reusing any art, so who knows.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

fount of knowledge posted:

IIRC, the chance to remove Tired status in the bathroom is determined the FIRST time you enter the bathroom in a day, but then it's set until you move the clock forward. Meaning if it didn't remove Tired status the first time, it won't do it subsequently.

If you really need to improve your status, you can save before using the bathroom and reload until it works.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Anyone got any grinding tips for Persona 3: FES (not portable)? I just got to level 3 tartarus but I feel like are all the guardians are kinda kicking my rear end and each victory has been really close.

If you have the (in-game) time, level up your social links before fusing new personas. It's a much faster way to get EXP than fighting.

You earn more EXP on the floors full of red shadows.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

Ice Cream Social posted:

If you just beat Daisoujou, you should fuse him as soon as you can. Hands down one of the most useful demons in the game. I feel like I used him for half the game he was so good.

Daisoujou is a Fiend type, and to fuse one of those you need an item called Deathstone from the Amala Labyrinth. Also I think Kagutsuchi (the moon/sun in the corner of the screen) has to be in a particular phase.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

redreader posted:

Currently:
top priority is social links. I try to keep them all levelled equally because time spent at the beginning of a link is more likely to level up so it's good to put 3 days into new ones, getting to level 3 quickly. Of course, I get the correct personas to get the most points in the social links.

-social links with all teammates, got them around 5.

-ema link, 4 or 5?
-spoiled rich girl link, 2
-drama link, 3
-sports team link, football, 6?
-young cousin(?) link, got to around 4 but need more understanding or something.
-uncle? Dojima: about 4 or five.

Am I missing anything? What do my academics need to be, how important is academics in this one? I came top 10 in the last test. My stats are all at 2 or 3 for knowledge, etc. I try to level them equally.

There is one Social Link that you can't even start until you've maxed out Knowledge and Courage. (mild spoiler):It's for a party member.

You might want to consider focusing on a few Social Links until you complete them, since you'll keep one of the benefits of completing a Link (access to a high level Persona) in a second playthrough. On the other hand, it's really easy to max every Link on a second playthrough, so you're fine with what you've been doing.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

Magikoopa189 posted:

Is it worth it to keep Pixie to the end of the game? I heard about some bonus demon...?

It's not really even a question of whether the effort is worth it because you can just fuse her whenever her current form stops being useful. Just never sacrifice or dismiss the demon at the top of your list.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

Xlyfindel posted:

I think the amount he can have increases at certain levels, up to a point.
All true except for this part. The maximum number of skills is always eight.

Every skill has a hidden level requirement. If the magatama is glowing and shaking, you can learn a skill from it. It's only your level that matters, you don't need to ingest the magatama before it's ready if you don't want to.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010
Some skills are exclusive to one persona and can't be passed on by fusion. I think Black Viper's one of them.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010
I've come to think that in that scene how he reacted to being accused is the important part. It doesn't matter that the evidence wasn't perfect yet if he's going to prove his guilt at the first suggestion that it was him.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

Whack posted:

Persona 4 question. I'm supposed to get a cops attention to get info on that snooty kid with the hat. He's not talking to me.

Little help? :ohdear:

Sometimes during these investigation parts the person you need to talk to will only show up on certain days. If you can't find any clues, try again tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koops
Mar 27, 2010

Douche Bag posted:

Finally beat Persona 4. I wish I had used a guide because I'm pretty sure I got the worst possible ending.

Oh well, on to Persona 3!

It's impossible to lock yourself out of the best ending (unless you saved over your only file with clear data).

Keep seeking the truth if even a single doubt remains!