Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

How good is the Skill Manifestation miracle? How often does it happen? Does it depend on the demon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

i assume alice is another, but who's the third?

Idun probably

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Out of curiosity, what is everyone's current playtime and where are you in the game?

20 hours near the end of the 2nd zone and a decent chunk is me afk in the menu.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I have been feeling this ever since I started using Dark Sword as my "daily driver", more chances to Seal enemies (especially bosses) seems better than doing 2.5(?) damage over two 2 turns

It feels like its around 1.75 so its a DPS loss in most cases.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is there a good source of endure or do I gotta do a bunch of fusing to get it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mailer posted:

I didn't play 4 enough to really care, but the summoning options in 5 are the best thing in this game so far. Last night I was thinking "gee I wish I could sort by cost" and of course the option is right there. The only thing missing I'd want (and I recognize this is insane) is the ability to do a complicated multi-fusion sort, similar to the old Monster Hunter app, for fusions required to get X skills on Y demon.

https://aqiu384.github.io/megaten-fusion-tool/smt5/recipes

its not in game but there is this.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

What skills did Idun and Alice wind up with in the late game for those who kept them forever?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

Hey, so, been playing, having a good time and all, but, do Support and Recover Mastery cap out at just III for +5 affinity, or is there some special way to unlock IV and V for those? Also, has anyone made up a guide for how to ensure a pure alignment in order to get whatever bonuses come from that? I'm close to the end of the game, going neutral, and want to make sure my Law/Chaos runs are as complete as possible.

Yeah they cap at +5.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

enojy posted:

Nice job putting a boss fight after like a half hour of tedious meandering around the high school and cutscene plot dumps with no save points in between. Nice job me for failing to respect the "for one turn" part of element dampeners.

The moment I saw that my party had lost the buff, I instantly called the incoming Mudo +3 to Nahobino. What a lovely feeling loss.

Theres a savepoint at the medical center and at the school but its easy to miss on the left side.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Attestant posted:

The speed of leveling in the 4th area is making the fusion progression feel pretty overwhelming. Any general tips for this stage of the game, or should I just keep fusing ever upwards without too much worry?

Ya this is my problem right now too.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Solarflare posted:

Are there any passives that increase ailment success chance? Alternately, does accuracy effect the chance of landing statuses?

I think the general accuracy ones work but there's not an ailment specific one. There's only the poison damage passives specifically for ailments unless I missed something.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So I beat mr cumhaill and was exploring the area after him and a random horse samurai demon popped out of nowhere, attacked me, doesn’t seem to be a boss but had custom music, and after a pretty long back and forth battle got 2 lucky crits on my main character and ended it.

What was that exactly

an rear end in a top hat who chases you down in a parking garage.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

What do I have to do for this Aharabaki in Fairy Village?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I somehow managed to brute force the level 71 Cumhail fight at level 53.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Late late late game SMTV question: is the Abscess in the middle of Taito legit, or having a laugh? Clearly there’s some fuckery going on if I’m fighting level 99s.

You can beat it around level 60. It looks scarier than it is.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is area 3 supposed to be very confusing. I keep falling off things and looking for other things

Area 3 has the problem of stuff looking like you can platform to it but in actuality you just have to follow the path.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Siegfried absorbs

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure some of the demons I've had for a while gave me their essence more than once.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

My Mother Harlot is level 75 (Base level 64) and hasn't given me her essence.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Hm, ok. Did you, perchance, save her to the Compendium and use her in fusion (say, to make Trumpeter), and then re-summon her? I had that happen with the Black Rider who did end up giving me their essence a couple levels later. That would mean demons drop essences after gaining (at most) 10 levels, and discounting any levels they came with if compendium summoned.

Nope, haven't made trumpeter yet bc I was waiting on her essence.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Item Getter posted:

How do you fuse White Rider in this game? I can see the special fusions for the other three riders but don't see him in special or normal fusion list.

Did you not make Matador?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ya the bossfight seems to really want you to break the game to beat him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Does anyone know what demon essence I can grab Mudobarion from?

Skadi

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

theshim posted:

About time to pick up SMT5. Anything I should know going in?

dont be afraid of using essences

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

I'm in what looks to be the final area (demon king's castle), how much longer do I have?

About a third.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zeus is kicking my rear end in area 4. His impaler > aoe is usually a full party wipe and my debuffs start losing MP and time by the time he’s that low. Is it my level? He’s almost 10 levels higher than me, but to this point I’ve never had to stop and grind

within 10 levels is doable.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stux posted:

yup this. also every npc should talk direclty at the camera and explain what is happening once every 5 minute.s fruther more the demons should not talk anymore, we need more human drama and the gods and demons should be removed.

welcome back stux

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Have you played FFX? It's basically Zanarkland, But Tokyo, fake but real and without a dreamer it disappears.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stux posted:

played the entire game 5-10 levels below every boss on hard and had no issues. at no point had to grind, in fact went out of my way to avoid encounters, and the only time you reasonably would is for demi fiend dlc. now begone.

+1, tho I'd also add Shiva in there since he has a level requirement to fight.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It pretty much all but says its a sequel.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Booky posted:

please............ i don't wanna turn down the difficulty just to beat hydra......

what level are your demons? Hydra's like level 16

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Booky posted:

i have tried the hydra fight so Many times and i get wasted towards the end, i think cause my team runs out of gas... 😔

heres my team i just checked:

lv 12 nahobino
lv 12 mermaid
lv 11 angel
lv 10 agathion

and in the stock too:
lv 7 slime
lv 10 daemon
lv 10 sandman
lv 17 leanan sidhe
lv 11 azumi
lv 7 cait sith

Ya that's a bit underlevelled in hard imo. I had to hit like level 15 to beat him. Also Neko Shogun's debuffs are very good to have on someone.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

It’s SMT so it’d be more like YHVH asking you what’s your favorite type of woman, and then high fiving you and becoming your best friend when you say “tall girls with big asses”

Why is he Todo from JJK

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Arivia posted:

I’m thinking of playing Nocturne for the first time. Should I play my PS2 disc on an emulator or shell out for the remaster on Steam? I remember there being mentions of the remaster being crappy/buggy for awhile, not sure how much of that if any got fixed.

All the complaints I saw for the remaster was that it used the original PS2 audio instead of a lossless version.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

There's better demons than the good midgame demons OP.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

I was thinking of picking up SMT5, does anyone have any thoughts on it, especially with how it compares to other games in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise

play it on hard mode

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gonna emulate it on my deck instead

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stux posted:

yeah i know most people consider elephants to be mammals but for me personally? i just get "bird" vibes you know

Lady bird vibes?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Baofu Deez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/73407

- The new character Yoko was considered for an appearance in the previous game, but was ultimately passed over. She will be an important character in the revenge story of this game, so her appearance is long overdue.

- The new character will allow the existing characters to show a different side from that of the Canon of Creation.

- The relationship between the characters may change significantly.

- The main character running in the sky in the PV/trailer is a new element of field exploration. Finding them will bring shortcuts, new demons, quests, and other fun.

- All demons will be equipped with some kind of characteristics, so that demons that were weak in the previous game may become stronger through new usages and combinations.

- Level compensation has been revised so that even low-level players can defeat strong enemies with a little ingenuity.