Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Can't wait for Devil Survivor 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It's not even the size, really. It's that they're sticking out like a pair of torpedoes or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Baalster posted:

Is Yuzu in Devil Survivor 2?

Unless all the character art has been lying to us, no. Plenty of other females with enormous chests, though.

quote:

I think the reason the female characters' breasts levitate is so they appear just above the text window, so you know which gender the characters are.

Ah, yes. Practicality.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Grand Gigas posted:

I don't really think you can simplify Naoya to that degree. He's not so much an over-petulant manchild as the direct result of the hubris of YHWH, who in the Megaten games is a prick who hungers for as much belief and power as he can get. And for that matter, I don't think you could consider the LAW path good at all in this game, since the bastards are kind of responsible for the whole situation to begin with, pulling the strings and trying to make the world in their own image.

Well, you might have missed it, but Naoya is only in the situation he is in because of his own hubris. He has an out - to admit that he was wrong, repent, and YHVH will let him out of the cycle of reincarnation. But he's too spiteful to ever consider doing so.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It's pretty much a Biblical thing that only blood is capable of washing away sin.

Regardless, 'refusing vegetables as a sacrifice' still ranks way lower in the Dick Move scale than 'murdering your brother'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ayana posted:

Which adds a whole lot of :psyduck: to Cain killing Abel. Because, hey, wasn't Cain giving God blood then?

If you play the Law path in Devil Survivor, Naoya actually starts screaming about this very thing. A sure sign that he's lost it by then.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

It's kinda funny how Atlus first went "Yeah, we're totally gonna make a Persona game on 3DS" then nothing happened for a year and suddenly "WHOA PERSONA 4 ON VITA ALL UP IN THIS BITCH"

Also Teddie is obviously going to be the Zangief/Iron Tager of this game. It's time for a Bear Hug!

Watch the 3DS game be Persona 5 just for maximum troll value.

Also, P4 fighting game sounds either awesome or ridiculous. I wonder just how over-the-top they're going to make the whole thing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

FINALmasa posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure a licensed fighting game is doomed to failure. Has there been a good one that doesn't involve Marvel?

The handheld Bleach fighting games are generally accepted as being at least decent, and there's also the Melty Blood series.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Seta's got a pretty smug grin going on there.

(Edit: I just realized that, much like the PSP before it, the main reason I want a Vita is for the remastered old games like Disgaea 3 and Persona 4.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Baalster posted:

Oh and if Adachi, Naoto or Shinjiro are not in the game then gently caress it. As hype as Chie makes me I need more than one character to play as to have fun otherwise it is not worth it.

Do you honestly believe they are going to leave out Naoto? She's a PC.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Mio Bison posted:

Which fighting game series would that be

Regardless of your actual opinion on the games (I mean, you have a BB avatar), both Guilty Gear and Blazblue have indeed been 'well-received'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Baalster posted:

Who is actually going to buy those costumes?

I take it you are not familiar with nerd culture as a whole on both sides of the Big Pond.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Baalster posted:

I would not be shocked but usual anime aging shows that the characters will either gain bigger breasts or look even more girly, so look out for Naoto to be in a dress.

We were discussing sailor fuku DLC five minutes ago.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Marie looks kinda 'out-of-townish'.

And I guess the screen with her talking to Seta means that she's not a female MC.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I can only hope Raidou will be in the fighter, even as a Naoto outfit.

How would that Mary chick be playable? She's talking. :stare:

'Playable' and 'MC' are not the same thing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rirse posted:

Maybe this is part of a section of the story where the MC returns to the city, and runs into her or something. Probably could happen during one of those slow periods of the plot. That or during the field trip.

She looks like she's in the Junes food court in that screenshot.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It also ratchets the likelihood of the plot making no sense (even by fighting game standards) way the gently caress up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I can't think of any feature that was missing in P4 and that people may want. Might be female route, but would they be cryptic with something so big?

The ability to romance Yosuke.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Radish posted:

Persona 5 is the next generation's Duke Nukem Forever.

Haha no, that's FFvsXIII.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dolphin Fetus posted:

I feel like the most rear end backwards, bizarre person in the universe because out of all the smt spinoffs my favorite is Devil Survivor. :smith:

At least it had a decent array of alignment choices that gave you some options you might actually take from a story perspective.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

nene. posted:

In SMT1 the Chaos Hero fuses himself with a demon and retains his personality (at least as far as I've played that was about where I've gotten to)(spoilered even though it's an old game that most people probably won't play even though they should)

Question remains of which demon is the dominant personality, and in any case at least one demon gets shafted.

(Unless it's a hive mind thing but then it gets dicey along multiple fusions.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Policenaut posted:

NOW I FACE OUT
I HOLD OUT
I REACH OUT TO THE TRUTH OF MY LIFE

42 full resolution screens of Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena. CLICK THE PICTURE.

There's a customization option for whether or not the characters will wear their glasses when fighting. Hahaha.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

I'm starting Nocturne. I know it's hard. I'm already familiar with most of the battle mechanics from other SMT games. What I wanna know: is there a universally agreed upon "best" type of main character build? Or should I just pick a style and min max it?

The best type of MC build is one that spams Fog Breath.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Armor-Piercing posted:

Sony pre-TGS press conference just ended, and in the list of games/franchises expected to be on Vita within a year of launching, one of the entries was Shin Megami Tensei. Speculation time!

Obviously a port of Strange Journey.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like Chie's SLink the best because large portions of it involved consumption of cooked meat, and that is something I can get behind.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe Adachi might make it in.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh. Duh.

They're not going to leave out the new girl from Persona 4 Golden. Maya or whatever her name was.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Catalina posted:

Personally, I think that the reason that most of the characters revealed in Persona Ultimate are from P4 is because of the upcoming anime and most fans will be more familiar with them because of that that. The reason Aigis is included is because she seems to sell a ridiculous amount of merchandise in Japan compared to other characters. I've even seen people who are familiar with her and buy her figures despite not having even played the game. :psyduck:

Robot girl learns what it means to lurve.

The idea sells itself.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Law posted:

So I decided to play Devil Survivor again after getting stuck on Beldr earlier in the year. The problem is I have once again gotten stuck on this god drat rear end in a top hat, does anyone just have some tips or strategies to beat him?

Don't kill the head of his minion groups, or he'll end up reviving them.

Make sure your MC has... oh, 10 STR or so for an easy fight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There's a level beyond a charcter being merely 'flawed' at which point they become annoying to sit through.

This level tends to be brought even lower in games because the 'flaws' tend to directly lead to problems that you, playing the game, have to solve.

And if the gameplay itself isn't particularly good (The Answer fits that bill), that just makes the problem worse.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Iceclaw posted:

I'd say there are other problem as well:
He doesn't act like a shadow, he doesn't seems to be Souji's repressed side. All of the other Shadow have consistently been rather hostile to their hosts and harp on how they lie to themselves.

That's just because Souji is chill enough to have a friendly shadow as his darkside.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It's set in a high school? I thought it was like DS1 where you're basically running all over the city.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Schlegel Mach posted:

Naoya's seventh day is the hardest and the most bullshit, but I wouldn't say it's significantly harder than Amane's.

Pretty sure Gin's last day hits the meter in terms of 'bullshit'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Naoya's is rough but I didn't find it that hard, the brokeness of a magic based MC+Holy Dance/Drain made the game pretty trivial.

Plus deathbound and pierce on Atsuro, I had some pretty strong demons at that point to with similar movesets.

Why is gin's bullshit? What does it toss at you?

I guess it would count as a spoiler, so...

You lose your demons before the final battle.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Strange Matter posted:

Alright so I'm nearing the endgame in Persona 4 and I got a question. I read about how to get the "Normal Ending" but I understand that there's a secret ending as well. Can I get a little guidance on how to proceed with December to get the most out of it without spoiling too much?

Seek the truth, and not the easy answers.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

And here I thought the influx of new posts would be about Growlanser 4.

Or is there a thread about that?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Zero voices.

This is in fact a good thing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It would have been good if they locked your stat growths instead of randomizing them even after you got a personality.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I really don't intend to come across as trolling here but what exactly is it about Persona 4 Golden which has you guys all excited? All I see so far is a new character that doesn't seem to contribute much, bunch of pointless gimmicks that don't add much to the overall game or even make sense and more wacky anime stuff that didn't seem particularly amusing in the main game in the first place.

I just don't really get it. Mopeds, a Demon's Souls style messaging system in dungeons that never really needed it to begin with and gardening were the last things on my mind when I think of what could be added to improve Persona 4. What I thought could be improved was the shoddy storytelling, the annoying characters and that S.Link with the fox, things which got in the way of an otherwise fun game. I was hoping the port would have fixed some of that or at the very least, added a whole new route throughout the game.

Instead we're getting... things I never even considered and seem kind of pointless to me personally.

Well, these sort of things don't get changed in ports anyway. So hoping for those would be pretty pointless, regardless of whether or not you like the other additions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If they wanted to add more storytelling to P4G, they should just add a Yu Mode.

I'd buy extra copies for that.