Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
There's also a Persona game coming for the 3DS, apparently. It was in Nintendo Power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I'm about to finish Persona 4 and I have a question-which game should I play next? Would Digital Devil Saga be the next PS2 game in order of difficulty? I really want to play Nocturne, but I think I need to build myself up to it. What did most of you do? (I've finished Persona 3 as well.)

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I always kinda assumed Teddy was Bi, considering the way he acts toward the main character, and his kissing scene with Kanji.

Edit: Ugh, sorry

The Unholy Ghost fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 26, 2011

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Nathander posted:

The Persona games all take place in the same universe. P3 and P4 are shown to be in the same continuity, and P3 is linked to P1 as one of the major groups in P3 (Kirijo Group) is a split off of a business group/one of the main character's families from P1 (Nanjo Group).

Small detail, but if... is also part of the continuity, at least Persona 1+2.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

Apparently it takes place two years after Persona 4, so it should be neat to see how the kids grew up.

They're giving a year? Is this game going to be canon? :psyduck:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Well, the "in" thing for PS2/3 to Vita ports these days is to have "additional chapters" or bonus Vita exclusive story content to set it apart from its original version. They've already said and shown "new event content" so that sort of lends itself to that.

I'm willing to bet that Atlus will probably have some kind of "The Answer" for Persona 4 Golden.

I really hope not. How much more of the story could they cover? Oh yeah, so Marie was behind Izanami was behind Ameno-Sagiri was behind Adachi! More amazing plot twists!

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

This whole paragraph is bad. I agree that IS is pretty ugly, but like all of these problems are still present in P3 and P4.

You view the action from an isometric perspective. The tiny characters express themselves with stiff shrugs and robotic shakes of the head. The game fails to generate much tension in even the most desperate situations.

Not in P3/P4 :colbert:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I think the majority of people who played P4 liked had no issues with the story.

Wait, you honestly had no problems with the Izanami reveal?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Also, I suppose Matador wasn't as bad as I had heard. On my second try, after using all of my Beads and Bead Chains, I managed to defeat him with just my main character left.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Is it worth it to keep Pixie to the end of the game? I heard about some bonus demon...?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Policenaut posted:

It's the original trailer, updated with the two new characters, which is exactly what I said before.

There weren't any new characters. :confused:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Are their any videos for all of the Persona calls in Persona 3 and 4, when the protagonist calls the names?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

In the last Kalpa of the Amala Labyrinth theres a door that only opens if you send the demon you've had since the beginning (The Pixie obviously) and if you send them in, they turn back into a pixie (if they were fused into something else) but at a really high level with really good skills.

Would you say it is worth it?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Technique posted:

Really? It sounds almost impossibly bad to me. I do kinda like how they went with a black/white colorscheme for the mock artwork, though.

Some are good, some are awful.

In my opinion-

Good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmBrbzgaivw

(Irritatingly) Bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTHJhkpomtM

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Well, it looks like the fake Persona 5 music videos have been removed. :( Did the real Atlas take action?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
(Persona 4 Arena Ending Spoilers)

With the possible return of Nyarlathotep, and the cliffhanger ending of Persona 4 Arena, Persona 5 might end up being the game that ties all the Persona's together. Holy crap. :allears:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

That sounds like you are equating success with quality though, which is highly questionable.

Out of curiosity, what's a game that was highly successful, but bad?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

El Belmondo posted:

she's probably the worst character writing that Atlus has had in the entire series, from generic anime Tsundere style interaction with your protagonist, to stupid interjection straight into the heart of your cast acting like your friend, to being a necessary social link to get the new content in Golden, and a character reveal that feels like a DeviantArt character sheet.

Oh, and don't forget her marvelous poetry.

Well, at least we can be safe in assuming she's not coming back. She's not in Arena, and that's the canon sequel, so...

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I want to get the original Persona, but I don't have a PSP. Is the Playstation Network release a port of the mangled, originally localized version?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Hey all, I'm about to start Digital Devil Saga and I remember hearing that one of the characters was extremely important to train for Digital Devil Saga 2. I'd like to know who as I'm planning to play both; also is there anything else I should prepare for? I've already beaten Nocturne so I'm sure I'll be better prepared for the Press Turn system this time.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I just use whatever name the character looks like. :shrug:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
All right, I stayed up all night despite being horribly sick. Please be something good, Atlus. :pray:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

It's weird that (PQ spoilers) it only mentions Minato and the upperclassmen for P3, and a similarly limited group for 4. Unlock the others, I suppose?

I find it weirder that the game seems to be chronologically confused. It apparently takes place during Persona 3, but features the Persona 4 characters who already had their adventure. I'm guessing time travel shenanigans, judging by all of the clock imagery in the previews.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Is anybody seeing anything other than the Persona 3 movie on both streams?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Aaaaah stream closed at last second!

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Please stop wanking merchandise tia

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I think I'm becoming more interested and hopeful in watching Teddie's incontinent dancing.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Instant Grat posted:

So apart from Yet Another Goddamn Anime, what actually got announced here

The developers of the Persona series are becoming more open to homosexuality.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
One of my friends won't believe me about the insanity that was the last Persona presentation (the Persona 4 Golden Anime announcement). Did anyone happen to get a recording of the whole thing (or most of it, or even just some of it)?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Race Realists posted:

im hoping for no more loving teenagers

When you live in a miserable machine of a society the time of life that's the worst for every other first world country (high school) becomes your greatest, and therefore must be the focus of every story.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
According to this list of vendors, Atlus won't be attending Jump Fiesta.

Sigh. Was Atlus this stingy with Persona 4 information?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got into anime again recently and there's actually good shows still being made, I just assumed everything was poo poo by now

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Yeah it's an adaptation of a manga that started in the 80s but that doesn't make it any less good. They're currently on Part 3 of the manga, which introduces the concepts of Stands which are LITERALLY the same thing as Persona. From what I hear a huge chunk of the feel and story of Persona 4 is straight from Jojo's Part 4 too. Imagine Persona 4 where every single character is Kanji

Space Dandy: People were dissapointed because they were expecting the next Cowboy Bebop since it's the same creator, except this time what he did is give a different guest director and writer control over every episode which leads to some out there stuff like a speed racer inspired episode that ends with Dandy getting lost in time and finding out he has become a god, or an episode that has like 3 minutes of no dialogue that is basically an LSD trip, or an episode where a zombie outbreak happens but the zombies win in like 10 minutes and the rest of the episode is just exploring the ramifications of a universe where everyone is a zombie

Ping Pong: They play ping pong and there are emotions

Makes you wonder if Persona 5 is about joining the yakuza :tinfoil:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
1 PM EST I think?

Anybody got that collection of images that represented the Persona 4 The Golden Animation announcement stream?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Isn't it really unlikely for this big Playstation Experience thing to start with measly ol' Persona?

We're not seeing any news for another hour, are we?

EDIT: Wait, where did people hear we were getting any Persona?

The Unholy Ghost fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 6, 2014

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Rate from 1 being the least awful and 10 being the most awful that I am less excited for Persona now that I know it stole its concept from Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I can't wait for that stupid stream to start that will completely waste my time and I won't be able to stop watching because I am Atlus' bitch.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I totally called it; Persona 5 will channel Jojo Part 5 in being about criminals.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Awww yeah...it took seven years, but Atlus is gonna deliver again.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

Not just any bar. Ever play Catherine?

Where are you getting that it's the Stray Sheep? It doesn't look like it...

(Besides, wasn't Catherine in America...?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Kortel posted:

Uhm... They were in the Catherine bar from the looks of it.

Can you point out something specific? It really doesn't look like the Stray Sheep.