Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Buy it from the eshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is it still :siren:censored:siren:?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Turn based RPGs are made for playing in bed

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It was easier in the GBA SP to 3DS days but the switch is kinda bulky so I can’t do it as long. I think I played the entirety of Strange Journey in bed.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
that's 23:00 CST or 11:00PM if you don't like the 24 hour clock

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is the Japanese just as high quality

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s only that complicated on the PC afaik. The Consoles don’t even let you play Vanilla at all at least on the Switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I put it down from hard to normal for a moment when I realized difficulty affect store prices.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch load times are fine but framerate drops are plenty in docked mode and not too terrible in handheld. Only when casting spells though so not unplayable

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It really bothered me when Pixie turned to me and said “drat this demon is horny on main. I know this is a desert wasteland but this thirst is ridiculous”

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah same, maybe its because I grew up playing chrono trigger and others at 80% speed on my lovely pc

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
In a flower field drawing pictures of Nobunaga

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s built like a first person dungeon crawler but in third person. It’s all kinda boxy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Strange Journey has my favorite dungeons but they may be a bit too cruel for most

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Junpei posted:

Poison and sleep traps + one way doors + teleporter maze

Hell yeah that’s the good stuff

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The lack of story and characters is a feature imo. I just want to call this Law guy a dweeb and punch a mothman. I don’t need long cutscenes and seemingly endless text boxes in every RPG. I hope SMTV doesn’t go further with the story than apocalypse, I feel like that was an okay mix if not somewhat tonally inconsistent.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Might go for Magic this time around. Depends on if the MC just clocks the demons this time around like Demi-Fiend or not.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
IV guy looked fine but Nanashi looked like a punk but that fit the story so it worked. Helped that Dagda was cool

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I liked the art of SMT4, battles were over very quickly since there were no animations

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Are you well?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
IV had pretty good dressup for a 3DS game. I'd be shocked if there wasn't some customization, though maybe this will take even more inspiration from nocturne and have no armor options.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It was a pretty good jump scare while laying in bed at midnight.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Surprised the Flatwoods monster hasn’t been included yet. Japan seems to love the design

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t believe hey added a feminine MC to the series

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I went with the Demon ending after I saw what they did to Dagda in the Human version. The Beach dlc was very different after that

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oh cool, based on todays Arioch video elemental death animations are back from IV and IVA. Wonder if that includes the MC now that you actually see yourself

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Love that Mothman

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Saagonsa posted:

Once you unlock the 2nd kalpa (which imo is the first time you'd ever need the pisaca) you can get over 3k macca every time you go through the tunnel minigame. So the 15k price tag is basically nothing.

Tell me your secrets

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope they keep the Metatron design forever and that he’s enormous in V

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Golden Goat posted:

At bare minimum players shouldn't have go through a negotiation the whole way only for the demon to go "I have to go".

Its pretty funny at least

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
On the other hand Dagda is a cool skeleton and most of your friends are jerks that turn on you in a second

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There were people comparing Homestuck to Dostoyevsky and Shakespeare back in the height of that fandom so I get it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought the god half was to represent the popular interpretation of Zeus and the monster half was to represent the reality. Guess I was wrong lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If there isn’t a single teleport maze the game goes right in the trash

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
One dungeon with a teleport maze and sliding ice puzzles please, yes with extra poison hallways thank you

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It depends on how talky the battles are. Repetitive lines are much more tolerable if you can’t understand the words

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

secretly best girl posted:

I feel like "good" game review tends to come down to if you like the reviewer's tastes more than employer, but Polygon has had some real mixed bag poo poo under their banner. I believe the "I couldn't read a map and threw a tantrum and didn't finish the game" Nier review was them.

That was Justin McElroy lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oh good for him, Altus still has a ton of good composers on call so though he’ll be missed Atlus will be fine. They’ll probably pay him a ton to come back and do Persona 6 so there’s no way for him to lose really

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s very disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s unfortunate but the last thing you should do after making people mad with an article is to log on to Twitter and antagonize them more.