Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
futaba makes let's plays, that's how she survives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Waffleman_ posted:

This is exactly what I was talking about. It'd be the next P3 LP as Minato's Livejournal.

I was thinking more like a facecam LP where she wears a different thing over her head each episode

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think the design for Arsene is really cool, thats why I'm sad I'll probably end up fusing him to get a persona thats a literal pile of poo poo with better stats about an hour into the game

the same dilemma that I had in P4 with Izanagi

not Orpheus tho, Orpheus looks dumb

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
witcher 3 is good but it needs more anime

i tried to start a social link with roach but it just got spooked and ran off

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I want that hat

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
goddammit I want all that stupid worthless poo poo give it to me Atlus I have money

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hubris.height posted:

I preordered fe#

what the gently caress

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the artwork that shows up when Ryuji starts an all-out attack is amazing

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tae posted:

"Angry people on the internet" for nintendo games amount to like maybe, maybe 200 lost sales at best.

No game hinges on 200 sales unless they're severely poorly budgeted.

thats half of their customer base tho

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it'll suck to have to avoid spoilers but at least some kind individual will put the soundtrack up online for me to listen to while I wait

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it would be nice if I could learn about the story of the game as it happened in the game itself instead of just reading it online

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
he'll be gay but he'll have no romantic interest in the MC and his social link will involve him struggling to let you down gently

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Baal posted:

Also the comment about spoilers was a snipe, not an actual criticism because literally no other company does it because it's loving stupid to tell people to not talk about your game and they only ever do it for Persona.

reverse psychology, duh

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
there's a persona 5 now?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
for those that have P5 could someone explain the flu mechanic for me? Do enemies just randomly get sick and die after a few turns when it's raining? Because I saw a video where the Reaper just did nothing for 3 turns then died

Another gameplay question, I think earlier in the thread people were talking about a mechanic where enemies can take your party members hostage after hitting their weakness and you have to negotiate to get them back was that real or BS

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TurnipFritter posted:

New Persona 5 DLC incoming:
Swimsuits and a new difficulty mode: Free

Catherine costumes + background music: Free for five days, then it's 800 yen.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Persona 4 Arena Shadow Operatives (?), Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Raidou Kuzunoha costumes + background music: 800 yen each

If I recall, this is the last batch of costumes that were already on disc except for the Santa costumes, so who knows where they'll go from here.

The personas introduced for Persona 4 Arena + Persona 3's Messiah: 300 yen each

I love that Catherine skin for Morgana

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Doflamingo posted:

With all these DLC personas for P5 I'm wondering how many personas the base game actually has. Is there a list somewhere?

most of the DLC personas are just persona from the previous games (Thanatos, Izanagi, Orpheus, etc.)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Persona 5: Starring Danny DeVito as Morgana

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
does akihiko become a hot dad

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i would have accepted Accessories

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
He didn't shout CAPTAIN KIDD in the trailer so I'm reserving judgment

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm just waiting for Persona 5 Arena

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Captain Baal posted:

I'm not gonna treat a kneejerk response to a 1-minute character video with any more respect than you are my response especially if you seriously did under a pretense like that. I will admit I was being a bit harsh, but at the same time it's not like I didn't answer other responses or even your following ones until the last one before this argument started with actual responses that weren't even really annoyed. Also shut up about me being angry, that's the thing that's annoying me the most is you assuming that I'm frothing at the mouth.

you seem like an angry guy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bogart posted:

One of Demifiend's ultimate attacks is physically based, but you'll be fine with a magical Demifiend. Just focus on those buff/debuff spells. I wouldn't sweat it for a first time through, but if you want to beat the hard ending, you'll want to be physical. (If you recruit Dante from the Devil May Cry series, IIRC he has his own Pierce.)

Dante does not have Pierce unfortunately, making him pretty useless for the final boss

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I had a hard time with the dancer minibosses that constantly charm you, until I fused a Surt with Sexy Dance and Charm Boost to get sweet revenge

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Contacting every Japanese friend I have to get them to vote for Persona 5 Arena for me

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MotU posted:

every single random battle tells you what you gotta do in that sequence idk how its so hard

I don't think the lyrics included the words "go to Junes before leaving Inaba"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Arist posted:

Maybe there's one there, too? Marie's link has some weird goddamn quirks. I just know that I've gotten her up to the requirements for the next rank entirely via the shrine and still had to sit through two events for the next rank.

Doesn't Marie's advancement require that you have certain party members in between ranks? That might be the issue depending on how far in the game you are

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Brother Entropy posted:

if i can't call people sempai as a japanese high schooler where can i

here, friend

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Persona 4 Arena was the game that got me into the SMT franchise as a whole so bring on the fighting games I'll buy em all

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

Make Persona 5 Arena a 3v3 and incorporate baton passing into it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Endorph posted:

game theory: the entire reason p5 is set in 20xx instead of a specific date is so they didn't have to age the p3/p4 casts up for persona 5 arena, so they could reuse sprites

they say Rise is 20 in one of the optional TV shows you can watch. Tho technically it's not that much of an age difference so they wouldn't have to look that different

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I feel asleep at all this translation chat

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TurnipFritter posted:

It's actually good and cool to dress appropriately for the setting.

have you maybe considered that all the people wearing suits and dresses at an all you can eat buffet are the ones dressed inappropriately?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
heading off to the Golden Corral better break out the tuxedo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the Shujin Academy uniform pants look exactly like a pair of pajama pants I own

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
After beating Persona 5 I still have a hankering for SMT poo poo, so I've decided to play Nocturne for the first time. Anyone have any tips for beginners? I just left the hospital and discovered Shibuya

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I quit Nocturne. I got to the assembly of nihilo and that switch maze completely drained any desire I had to finish the game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

It's really uncomfortable that people in these threads boil literally any interaction between people as dating. Like even as a joke it gets really weird that "interact with other people in a video game" instantly jumps to "so you can bone them!!" especially in Persona where a significant amount of the characters can't be dated and all the ones who can are entirely optional as dates except maybe like Aigis who gets weird no matter what.

lighten up grandpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

you should really really REALLY put that last part in spoilers