Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Each copy of Persona 5 comes with its own life-sized doll.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Poonerman posted:

They truly are the reincarnation of Scooby-Doo.

Honestly it would be hilarious (and amazing) if the series went in this direction.

"It was Mr. Morooka all along!"

Actually this is probably what the animation should have been.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

That... sounds like it could be the only answer, actually. I mean, Nyarly possessed Kandori and Jun in the original games. Plus he was all about gathering an army of Shadows in P2. I'd be very disappointed if it wasn't Nyarlathotep.

The only question left is how does Fuhrer factor into all of this.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There are people who pays those prices? :stare:

I'd like to speak to you about a thing called the Japanese animation market and the massively hosed up economics that drive it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Booky posted:

I always like seeing removed things or little dev messages in games, so this is fascinating to see!

Beta Dojima's 1st portrait is pretty :stare:.

It gets even more :stare: when you know he was originally intended to be the killer.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's too bad they didn't give everyone not named Sho a shadow, I'd really like to see what a shadow for someone like Elizabeth would be like.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It makes me really sad that the Adachi ending that was added in golden was really lame. they could have done something crazy with it and it would have owned.

Help Adachi stuff your friends into the tv before you head out of Inaba :unsmigghh:

Edit: wait that wouldn't do poo poo uhhh

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

That's who I thought when I saw goatee but getting people killed and sex crimes kind of don't really apply to him, so yeah.

Chidori and that thing in the hot springs?

I might be wrong, I've never played P3 a anything I know is through osmosis :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

laplace posted:

Japan is the most unsettling place on earth. Stay far away. Everything you learned from Anime is true and life here is just a bunch of weird dickmonster jokes and shoehorned goddess waifu characters.

You can't say this and not elaborate on it.

Where are you in Japan?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

He was being sarcastic, because if you actually believe that about Japan you're kind of silly. Japan is a foreign country with some rear end-backwards things about it and some things that would be disconcerting and odd to a westerner, but basing your view of an entire country off a niche of a niche of its popculture is ridiculously stupid. It's like basing your view of Russia off of Stalker and that one level in Call of Duty.

Somehow, I don't think anyone here believes all of Japan is like that, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good story of something bizarre someone saw. :v:

Strange Quark posted:

Just a shot in the dark here, but that might have been a joke.

This is probably actually the case, though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Would a megidolaon firing Elizabeth be the blue shell?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

UberJumper posted:

Why do you need max courage to ask a 10 year old out to dinner?

:pedo:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Don Gato posted:

SMT games are about as connected as Final Fantasy games. Only instead of Cid, Moogles and a princess named Sara there's a giant penis riding around on a chariot and Lucifer and God are probably jerks.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

Domon was originally supposed to die halfway through but people really liked his VA

Wait really :stare:

Also Japan has loving horrible taste to put a door in the top ten.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

HGH posted:

Revolver/Gunman Jesus is a thing, yeah. Not sure what was up with his design but considering his role I think it's partially intentional.

Never actually played it but I think that was to have him contrast the protagonist. Takaya (that's his name, right?) embodies the superficial aspects of Jesus, while the MC has a lot of the inner traits associated with Jesus (and the whole dying for everyone's sins thing).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Why the hell would Adachi want anyone to know about the TV World? He only gave himself up and they think he's full of poo poo with the things he tells them.

Could they even make a case against Adachi beyond him confessing? Like, if a lawyer argued the guy was insane and babbling on about poo poo that didn't exist, would he walk?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

It's never coming out is it. Fine I bet it would have been crap anyway :qq:

It actually sort of is, if that makes you feel any better.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mercurochrome posted:

aw ok. siliconera made it sound like it's a sequel to the 2nd game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/19/devil-survivor-2-break-record-lives-comes-japan-january-29/

Anyway, I need to play the first game.

Oh cool, they're putting Marie in this, can't wait

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

The game doesn't actually expect you to do that, those quests are always open. I don't think you can actually complete that quest for real until way late in the game. It's really cool that it allows you to try, though.

I'm really curious, which quest are you guys talking about

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

Yeah, Daichi should always be the one you go with.

I don't really think the "bad" Daichi ending is all that bad though, humanity is just trying to work with what they have and you're left thinking they can survive.

Literally all that's left is a tiny fraction of urban Japan.

They are hosed.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Brumaldo posted:

Time to pump MAG! :haw:

Never put any points in strength btw; DEX is just better

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

what about mara! is he okay!?

Future hazy, please ask again

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Adachi is pretty scary, I agree.

Nobody who has their own convention can be scary :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Atlus announces Persona 4 Platinum

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Lotta people speculatin' on the homosexual preferences of their anime characters ITT

time to rename this the something fanfiction forums

You could just keep it as Somethingawful and they would be equally accurately descriptive

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Isn't Neutral a pain in the rear end to maintain? I didn't even bother worrying about what alignment I was in because I didn't feel like keeping a running tally.

Honestly it's not so bad as long as you keep in mind the ending stuff pushing you towards one of them, and just try to keep it as even as you can with your answers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is Yosuke actually dumb or just kind of goofy sometimes?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

i think he does bad on the tests and stuff too

Oh ok he's actually dumb then

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I forget, did we ever find out whether what Yosuke's crush is saying in the shadow world is her or her shadow talking?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc was the most recent Scooby Doo cartoon series. It kind of went off the rails at the end in ways that are very reminiscent of things that happen in Persona 2.

Are you saying Hitler was the villain? :aaaaa:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

No they aren't, you drama queen.

I think he was joking Beef Waifu

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

What he said but the game should've been better written to accommodate the actual killer

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So with 150 new posts in the thread they announced Persona 5 is coming out thursday right?

Are they continuing Elizabeth's quest to fix Door-kun

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Excels posted:

lines were drawn; overstepped.

but in the end, civility prevailed.

Please do not lawpost

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

laplace posted:

Yosuke and Teddie have issues dealing with people in general. Teddie at least is understandable because he's not even human. Yosuke is just a lovely dickwad teenager who probably spends his free time screaming racist comments towards the other team on Xbox Live.

How many lovely dickwad teenagers organize a manhunt to take down a murderer?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Well I mean he also attempted to murder said murderer and organized said group to begin with for his own selfish reasons.

He still risked his life multiple times to save people he barely knew.

Regarding the second part of that statement, at that point it looked like the culprit was going to literally get away with murder and in all likelihood keep on doing it. Plus he just got caught killing his best friend's cousin.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

hubris.height posted:

how are the p4 animes btw?

P4 anime's fine, it's actually the thing that got me into SMT

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

You sent Yukari a picture of your Mara.

The bond between you has grown!

If you do it early does the link reverse or do you just game over

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Kazuma and Miku appearing makes as much sense as the entire Sonic cast appearing as Personas.

Dont draw lines you cant bring yourselves to cross.

Or as much sense as Dante being in Shin Megami Tensei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Featuring Eggman from the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG(R) series

Great, you've just made the 40 Naoto the Hedgehogs and the 200 Coldsteel the Persona Users that would come out of a crossover worth it, I hope you're happy