Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

DeSu1 was comparatively less bad until Overclocked, yes. It's why it's best to ignore it that little extension. Similarly to how you should put down Strange Journey after Ouroboros.

However, it makes the Naoya ending significantly better, and really that's the only one that matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I really like the fact that Aigis German Suplexing Yu is the official promo image for the new P4A

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Really? I thought that scene was lame. P4A in general was kinda lame, though I did like seeing how the other characters think.

I'm sorry you dislike funny things.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yukiko, Chie, and Kanji had good alt endings. That scene wasn't funny though. The whole plot of the game is just "yeah, most of the P4 characters are still really stupid in case you forgot." Except for a few outliers, like Naoto who actually is allowed to figure things out for once. Also the game being super inconsistent bugs me, there's no real continuity for what happens. They should have just made their sequel an RPG and the fighting game separate. Oh well.

I was loving with you bro.

Though thinking about it, Arena would've been a pretty short as an RPG unless they padded it like they did The Answer, and I don't think anyone would want to play that.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

So where can I by that pillow?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I, personally, am disturbed at the fact that the fans of a video game series where you can ally with Lucifer and commit mass genocide would like such a character.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

Metatron is a dick and I hate him.

Metatron is great because I felt more accomplished when I fused him than I did when I beat the game.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I am sure the Persona 4 dancing game will feature a serious addition to the story of Persona 4

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

If you don't want to play as a smooth-rear end dancing Yu Narukami I don't know what to tell you.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, Yu really isn't a blank slate character anymore thanks to the anime. P3 Male Protag on the other hand...

Persona 3 has a manga, a drama CD, and a movie.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Captain Mog posted:

Is there any way to play P3: FES on my Vita? I downloaded P3P, realized what style it was in, and decided I did not want to play another second of it.

Nope, although really once you get past not having actual character models outside of Tartarus, P3P fixes a bunch of things that were wrong with FES.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I liked the boss of the new dungeon a lot, if only because it actually made me think for a second to figure out its gimmick

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Vita isn't limited to P3P. It can play every Persona game (except 5, obviously)

Except for Innocent Sin as well, unless that got put back up recently

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

DarkHamsterlord posted:

It was put back up recently, actually. Last week, I think.

Oh, nice. Wasn't expecting them to actually do that.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I'm pretty sure that if you get the “Pierce” skill, your physical attacks should be able to get through. I don't think you can get it on your first playthrough, though. :(

You can pretty easily get pierce on your first playthrough, I forget what you get it from though.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Speaking of SMTxFE, was there ever any news about it other than that one teaser way back over a year ago, or can I throw it in the pile cool poo poo that's probably not going to actually happen?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

there was a hot spring scene in the original, as well

also, you can probably swap out the costumes if it's anything like most other rhythm games

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Terrene posted:

So I took a gamble and decided to get SMT4, I'm only about 6 hours in and I'm loving it so far, though it is tough. Quick question that I thought I would ask here since it seems like the official thread is kind of dead. When it comes to skills, I noticed that I have a +1 next to some of my skills. How did I increase that? I don't remember the game talking about that, nor can I find any info online.

Whenever a demon attempts to whisper skills you get +1 to skills that you and the demon both have.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Personally, I think you should play the game if you want to, and not play it if you do not.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Niel posted:

Hmm, I just have a few more questions about DeSu OC.

Should I be going for the Drain, or the Repel skills for patching up weaknesses?

And also, is there any way to get money easily, before NG+? I keep feeling like I have to invest a lot (i.e. spend a lot of time Free Battling for macca) into fusing demons just for one team, let alone four of them. I suppose as long as the demons aren't unique, I could just summon some copies, but that also costs a lot of money too..

Repel is considered better because it's the only thing pierce can't hit through.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Doesn't someone call her clothes something you would find in the bargain bin at one point in her social link? Or am i making that up

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I do not see why people would be mad at Aigis, as she is the best character

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The robots are good, and I like them

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I'm still holding out hope for Hee-Hotsune Miku

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Weren't they doing that gaikai thing for ps1/2 games on the ps4?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I just bought SMTIV. Any DLC I should grab/avoid?

All of the boss DLC is endgame stuff and the armor DLC is pretty worthless. The exp and macca grinding DLC can be useful late game for building the perfect demons and aren't very game breaking when used in moderation, but the app DLC just breaks the game.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

So is it a thing like going anything but Pistols in Alpha Protocol where a Mag-based build is completely untenable for playing on Normal? Because at the moment I'm enjoying being able to drop most entire encounter groups with Fire/Ice Breath and basically all the Magatama I have access to at the moment are focused on magic. I'd really like to stay as a caster if it is remotely playable. I haven't explored Ginza yet, I only just arrived. Do physical Magatama beside the first one start showing up soon?

The problem is magic builds are fine for pretty much everything except the final TDE boss where magic does jack poo poo

Also the skill you get to make physical attacks effective against him is very very difficult to get on anyone but yourself

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 8, 2014

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

To this day I still have no idea how to start kanji's link

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Both Aigis and Labrys rule

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The early parts are fine after the tutorial if you know what you're doing. Some of the later bosses can be a huge pain though

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The block puzzle is unchanged by the difficulty as far as I know so really you can do the hardest part of the game even if you picked normal

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

There is no mind charge in Nocturne

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Loc tests are a pretty common thing y'all

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Wasn't there a problem with the P3FES PSN release that Atlus patched? What was up with that one?

A bunch of stuff, including the entire 5th block, flashed really fast

Also there was one scene that would freeze for a while

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Mind Zero looks fun in a retarded way, but it's on the Vita or something, and nobody gives a poo poo about the Vita.

I give a poo poo about the vita, futanari.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

uiruki posted:

Has anyone seen exactly what the automap can do in Persona Q? All I've seen is floors and guidelines for you to fill in walls yourself.

I've been playing Etrian Untold on my commute and having to plot water, damage floors, doorways, chests and stairs manually is such a pain when being bounced around on a bus. The undo function would help a bit but I would rather just have the game do it for me so I don't have to fumble with the stylus unless I want to take advantage of the note system.

It's probably the same as untold, where you can have it fill in nothing, just the basic floor, or walls and the basic floor

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I can't read, apperently

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

My personal reasoning is that they're a bunch of video games who cares it's cool

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

UberJumper posted:

:staredog: The part about fighting hitler and zombies...? Did that actually happen in a persona game?

UberJumper posted:

Persona 2 sounds so god drat ridiculous i want to play it. Does Persona 2 have all the daily chores of making social links, raising your stats, going to school etc?

Nope, it's just straight RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Uh

I thought the combat got pretty boring, to be honest