Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TurnipFritter posted:

Kids like Kurt Russel, right?

So not only is STEVEN back, we also get older Snake Plissken? :allears:

While the demon designs are kinda hit-or-miss so far, it seems that character interaction is gonna be among the super strong points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Booky posted:

How bad is the random encounter rate in the original SMT games anyways? Like "every 2 steps a fight" kinda thing?

Oh god, Shin Megami Tensei I :stare:

Played it back in 2005 back when:
  1. A friend of mine was getting rid of all his "kiddie" stuff that wouldn't do poo poo for him in college.
  2. I considered that my Japanese was, for the most part, already well cemented.
The first part of the game is, for the most part, relatively friendly, if a bit relentless because holy crap random encounters can wreck your poo poo up if you're unprepared. Haven't played it in a while, even though I still have it in both SFC and GBA cartridges.

When you start playing the 2nd act after (spoilers for those who haven't played it) Japan gets nuked to the ground is when the real fun starts. Suddenly you have no demon allies, and your human buddies are nowhere to be found but oh poo poo, you're still getting into random demon encounters! And if you didn't level up properly / had decent weaponry with you, you can't even do proper negotiations and need to make your punk-rear end scarce, because every demon toys with you like a bitch. I also believe that this is when trap doors / one-way doors begin to appear. From there on, if you're not willing to do the legwork, the game will kill you at every opportunity it gets.

Don't misunderstand me, it's the game that actually got me into the series and I still love it. I discovered shortly after finishing it that both Shin Megami Tensei titles for the SNES/SFC had gotten translated and that Nocturne existed. :bravo:

But as Proto Cloud pretty clearly stated:
  1. It has a lot of padding.
  2. The fights can get really tiresome.
  3. The trap doors/floors are loving bullshit.
  4. The map function is horrible and you will get lost.
  5. And... in all honesty, it hasn't aged very well.

I can't imagine the game actually turning a profit if they decide to relaunch it. With all the flak that is getting for its aesthetic choices and whatnot, I really do hope SMT IV does well (or at least that it breaks even) because it really feels like Atlus is pulling all the stops for the game.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Petiso posted:

So after countless delays, the european Devil Survivor Overclocked was finally released, only to be plagued with bugs.

How do you do that? Isn't it a straight port of the american version? Where were the game testers? Ugh...

Oh man, that sucks. I mean, yeah the American version had this thing where it would close the game and boot you back to the 3DS Home Menu if you grabbed some memory sticks with the wireless ON, but that was about it and it was in no way a game-breaking bug.

How do you screw over something that, while not perfect, was very functional? :negative:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wow that's sooner than I thought. I haven't even picked up Etrian Odyssey 4 yet and I'm guessing that'll probably be the better game though.

Soul Hackers it's very much in the style of the SNES Shin Megami Tensei titles. I think it was even mentioned earlier in this thread or the 3DS one. If you played any of those, Soul Hackers is pretty much up your alley.

That said, Etrian Odyssey 4 is a drat fine game. Too bad I couldn't find any physical copies of it since I heard it included nice freebies and such, but after having some fun with the demo, I just decided to get in on that. As I said, drat fine game. :thumbsup:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 13, 2013

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Mannn I really don't want to buy Soul Hackers but this thread is making me want to. I need to get EO4 and SMT4 and if I get Soul Hackers too I'll probably be completely burnt out on first person 3DS RPGs.

But isn't SMT4 going to play a lot like a Persona 3 or 4, world map-wise? Wouldn't that count as a relief from the first person fights? :v:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Booky posted:

Also about demon fusing in SMT2: what should you look for in a demon? What kinds of skills and stuff?

Demons who can buff your strength and can de-buff enemies. Most battles will be made somewhat easier if you keep two demons at least that can get your back on those two fronts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Booky posted:

Guys, is it normal to be walking to Holytown and then Aleph and Beth get Panic/Sleep? :stare:

Is it because I had drinks at the bar earlier?

Did you drank more than once? Because I remember the exact same thing happening the first time I started playing the game when I noticed the drinks' various (temporary) benefits to your stats. It is quite frustrating, but the good thing is that it goes away somewhat quickly.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Booky posted:

I don't know how it happened, but somehow I'm on the Law alignment. :negative:

Are there ways to push it back to Neutral besides in dialogue choices?

If we're still talking SMT2, you spend a good chunk of the first part of the game Law-aligned almost by default. Suck it up. Later on comes the fun stuff.

E: If you were already talking about later on, remember that your party is of much importance: Be mindful of the demons you recruit/fuse. Eventually you'll get the hang of how to stay Neutral or Chaos-aligned.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 24, 2013

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Genpei Turtle posted:

Start over. No, seriously.

When at the beginning of the game you're asked to name a bunch of characters, choosing not to do so and letting the game use the default names shunts you hard into Law, to the point that getting back into Neutral, let alone Chaos, takes a massive amount of work.

Wait a minute, for real?

Huh. Guess I had crazy beginner's luck, then. I remember the first time I played the game I actually chose to name all my characters (didn't knew the default names). Full Neutral. I always used the healers as a point of reference. Whenever the Gaian temple or the Messian padre dudes weren't asking for a thousand maka, I knew I was on the right track.

Shiva and Amaterasu almost never failed to get me through.

Seriously, though. I know the game came out in the early nineties, but that's really... rear end-backwards.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Andronian posted:

I'm hoping someone who played the original SMT can help me out here. I'm stuck in the part right after you get out of the Kongokai. There's two different quest lines going on, one to fight Ozawa in Shinjuku and another to fight the Red and Black Barons in Roppongi.

I have a Gushing Jar, which is necessary to beat one of the barons, but I can't trigger that fight until I talk to Alice. I am unable to talk to Alice because the Chaos hero is still in my party, who I gather is supposed to leave after I beat Ozawa. However, I can't fight Ozawa because I have this Gushing Jar in my inventory, he refuses to talk to me. This gamefaqs thread appeared to have a fix http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/564896-shin-megami-tensei/65287685 but I can't talk to the hooded man that they want me to talk to, because I talked to him previously and now he's gone.

Anyone able to help me out with this, or am I pretty much boned?

From what I remember, there is an order at that point in time. You need to fight Ozawa first (technically you're fighting against Takeminakata) so as to get Chaos Hero to grow desperate enough to fuse with one of your demons. He leaves your part afterwards because you will only "slow him down" :doh:.

Once that whole shebang is done, you can obtain the Heroine and then off you go to deal with this Roppongi business. Basically, by the time you get to Roppongi, you should have only 3 humans in your party: You, the Heroine and the Law Dude.

If the game is not allowing you to move forward, then yeah, I would recommend you to start over. :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

El Belmondo posted:

Apparently some people have gotten access to the demo stands in Japan.

:getin:

I expect to die in my second fight, just like it happened in both SMT1 and SJ.

"And whether I pluck Michael's wings / or smash Mem Aleph to smithereens
they will know that the trail of rotting corpses / belonging to deity and overlord alike
was carved with the sweat / that poured heavy from my forehead
With YHVH as my witness / I will prevail!"

:black101:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
After a good chunk of inner turmoil (mostly reserved to keeping myself away from playing Strange Journey again :suicide:), I think I'm going to go into SMT4 blind. I kinda want to feel the same sense of dread that I had when I first dived into this series.

Break it to me, fellows: How are you preparing for the time when IV comes into the fold?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TurnipFritter posted:

Famitsu's reviewers really knocking it outta the park:

(I mean, I know the whole "Famitsu's reviewers run on bribes" thing is played out by now, but this one reads like a press release)

:ughh:

Are there a lot of new readers for Famitsu? This basically reads out like if people buying Famitsu suffered from amnesia with regards to what a Megami Tensei game encompasses and, I know we're not talking Dragon Quest, Pokémon or Final Fantasy, but isn't the franchise rather well known over there? I mean hell, the last version of Nocturne came out 5 years ago and Strange Journey is barely 3 years old.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Can someone here tell me why the first person stuff doesn't bother you, or even why you like it?

First video-game I played on a computer 20 years ago was the old PC version of Wolfenstein; I think ever since then I haven't been bothered by the first-person perspective. I do, on occasion, prefer to see the dudes I'm controlling, but it seems there's going to be quite a bit of exploration on this game, so it shouldn't be that much of a deal-breaker.

Plus, it reminds me of Earthbound! :dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Genpei Turtle posted:

Wolfenstein was top-down though? :confused:

But yeah, as mentioned in a turn-based RPG it really makes no difference. And honestly it's to be expected with the SMT series because the only SMT game that wasn't first-person-perspective in the battles was Nocturne. Even some of the spinoffs (Last Bible, Devil Children, etc) are first-person.

ed: I just realized you meant Wolfenstein 3D not the original Wolfenstein--god that game is 20 years old already? Now I feel really old :gonk:

Yeah, this one. Sorry for the confusion :shobon:. I remember because my dad-figure showed me how to play it since he had a lot of downtime as the guy who did maintenance on the company's main interface thingy. Even that early in my life I kinda felt in the back of my head that I would end-up in Software Development. :haw:

In more Megami Tensei stuff, I'm close to getting the best ending of Overclocked (You all know which one) and it feels like I should really prepare for SMTIV properly. Should I bite the bullet and play Nocturne again, or do you recommend any other game?

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Soul Hackers worthwhile? Normally I would get it, but I have plenty of Etrian Odyssey 4 to go through...

EO4 is an excellent game. Soul Hackers does feel quite dated, but it's not bad at all. I would recommend you to finish one of the games before sinking time on the other one, though. Tried to play through Overclocked, Soul Hackers and EO4 at the same time. That didn't end well.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Back from Overclocked. Metatron is kicking my rear end in the last battle from the 8th day, Naoya's route. :negative:

I try to use demons resistant to what's been used against me and exploiting weaknesses and being careful but I still get thrown around like a ragdoll. Any recommendations?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That was exactly what I needed! You are a gentleman and a scholar, ImpAtom.

The moment when Metatron realizes just how utterly boned he is when MC truly awakens as the Overlord of Bel was completely loving :black101:, especially when higher ranked demons come to aid my party and even Belial/Beldr start pushing him back.

And Frosty going with you to the underworld was priceless. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Genpei Turtle posted:

Yeah, I checked and it's free. The rest of the DLC seems like a ripoff for what you get, though I snagged it all anyway since it was just enough to set my balance to 0 and it's not like I'm going to be getting anything else for 350 yen.

It's very strange DLC. It's not like you're buying special items or hairstyles, you're buying quests to which those special items and hairstyles are the reward. Except those "quests" consist of "give me 10 of the most common item in the game and I'll give you this reward." The 250 yen DLC looks like it might be more involved but the game gave me a not-so-subtle "you will get murdered if you try this quest now" warning when I tried to grab it so we'll see I guess.

Paying so you'll get murdered. Sounds like a Megaten game alright. :haw: Why can't it be July already?

Also, I know you're probably way early into the game, but how's the VA work so far?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

orenronen posted:

Given that the character in question is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro in the Japanese version, the casting is not inappropriate.

Seriously, I feel like that woman has been in every video game I played this past year.

Although she's been overdoing her "tough voice" as of late, I'm cool with her being everywhere as long as she does Jolyne Kujo justice. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Machine posted:

Goddamnit, I'm having trouble with Overclocked.

I've gotten to the point in Day 2 where the big bad shows up and you have to run from the fight and I feel like I'm severely under leveled. I can't finish any of the story fights and even the non-hard free battle is annihilating me. My powerful demons are in the late teens and most of them are early teens at most, and the enemies are all in the early to mid twenties. I'm eleven hours in and previously I was having barely any trouble. This is a bummer, obviously.

I'm pretty sure you're on Day 3, dude. Stick with the free fights for a while; don't go into them "blind", though. Make sure to adjust your parties properly so you can actually have results against demons because, unless you have like 8 demons that are too similar, you shouldn't be having that many issues even if you and your demons are slightly under-leveled. I know this is going to sound like a pain in the rear end, but when grinding, switch it up between the "Normal" and Hard free-fights; it'll be worth it.

Level up your main character to the point where he's at least at 16 or 17 in Strength and of average vitality so the for-reals fight with Beldr isn't so difficult. Oh, and get a Kishin (Preferably Nalagiri, since Ubellurs is around mid-teens and will go down real fast if not leveled-up).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kagon posted:

If you're not already building the main character for strength, I would advise against this. You really don't want to split your main attack stat between the two.

SPOILERS

poo poo, really? That actually seemed to work well for me in the long run, though. From day 4 onwards I was completely destroying entire groups of enemies on my own, not even using the extra turns.

Arbitrary Coin posted:

For DS1 you definitely want to make the MC magic focused. There's not really enough physical skills to go around without screwing over Atsuro and why would you ever want to leave him behind?

For Gin or Kaido/Frosty, obviously. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yep! I'm playing the Overclocked version. And since the girlfriend came back from touring a month ago, she bought herself a 3DS without knowing that the thing is region locked. :xd:

She bought three games and one of those was the Japanese version of Overclocked. Since she doesn't know Japanese all that well, she's been playing my 3DS and I've been playing the mint one she brought.

Gin's voice actor sounds so coolly-angry all the time, I love it. :allears:

Also, Midori's Japanese voice actress is so adorable: Instead of annoying, she just comes off as being cheerfully unaware of how boned we all are. The only one I think that pretty much remained the same overall was Yuzu. After playing for a while through the Japanese version, I insist that DS1 would have been a better choice for an anime.

In my first play-through(Amane's Route), I did give Atsuro most of the physical skills. I think I gave him Deathbound around Day 5 or so and he was destroying opponents with stupid ease. I just decided to mix it up with different strategies in every new playthrough, although I do leave at least one powerful Physical attack to him.

In Naoya's route, he was basically my main man for all the battles that didn't require magic, and he accomplished that task with gusto. :black101:

e: Yeah, but don't you get bored of doing the same thing on every route? Yes, when he's the only guy with good-to-great physical stats, of course I go with Atsuro for crazy phys attacks, but when you start getting new characters in the last 2 days, isn't it more fun to try different stuff? Hell, most of the legwork is done by the demons and in some cases, your characters (especially Atsuro and Yuzu) tend to get different stat boosts when leveling-up, even if you're seemingly doing the same things in battle. Hell, Gin's last battle isn't that hard, whether it is on NG+ or on your first play-through. Babel's forms are pushovers compared to Lucifer or Metatron

vvvv vvvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 28, 2013

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I know this is common sense (2 years now since I stopped going to that site altogether), but please stay the gently caress away from :tvtropes:. According to a friend who still frequents the site and is an active forum poster over there, they decided to start the spoiler-fest for SMTIV, despite the majority of the TV Tropes crowd being Americans who still haven't received the game...

... or so he says. He was pretty mad when he found out so maybe he's being a big baby.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is the name change for the MC when going to different mediums a thing now? 3 MC's have suffered a name change each. Are there trademark issues for keeping a name or something?

Of course, Narukami's still the greater name. :mmmsmug:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TurnipFritter posted:

Atlus USA announced the pricing for the first batch of SMT4 DLC. The three hair pieces are free forever, the Platinum Surcoat will be free for a month and then $1 after that, and the level grinding mission will be $2.

In Japan the third batch is out, and includes this armor:

That looks metal as gently caress. :black101:

I have zero experience with DLC (never bothered with the FE:A stuff) so I'm kinda excited for this release. Why can't it be early august already?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Unlucky7 posted:

So the parent company of Altus has been accused of Accounting Fraud, according to the 3ds thread. That seems worrying for the future of Altus itself.

Oh, man! That sucks. Hopefully Atlus will soldier on. :clint:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Genpei Turtle posted:

Megami Tensei 2 is a sequel to Megami Tensei 1, and you could sort of call that the main series (given that Shin is the reboot)

Also Soul Hackers is a sequel to Devil Summoner, but again that's not really the main series--though it is kind of an alternate-universe to SMT1, since there's mention of Thorman dying of a heart attack in Devil Summoner and the Americans narrowly stopping Japan from being nuked. :v:

Wait, hold up. HOLD THE gently caress UP. Are you telling me that all this crazy fanon about the spin-offs (and some of the sequels) being Alternate Universes of the two main Super Famicom games I've read about isn't utter, one-hundred percent bullshit? I know there are hints here and there within the games but-- Holy crap. That's well over 20 years of a continuity of sorts.

:tinfoil:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, dang. The rabbit hole does go really deep. Naoya's totally a better programmer than Akemi and STEVEN, though. (Demon Summoning Program-wise)

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 14, 2013

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

NeilPerry posted:

I gotta ask, how much are you enjoying SMT4? I can't quite figure out the Japanese opinions, but they seem somewhat divided. I'd love to get it but I'm a bit short on cash and I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait for Monster Hunter or something.

While I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, the itch that SMT4 scratches is probably gonna be very different than the one Monster Hunter did. They're both pretty boss games (fake edit: at least I'm hoping SMT4 is boss as gently caress), though, but if you're on a budget, you should ask yourself which one will provide you the most bang for your buck from what you usually like.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just hoping that the frosty :black101: feel is not gone in SMT4. If there's chance to wreck poo poo and feel like a boss, I'm all in.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As long as they don't turn into anything resembling the unlikable gently caress-nuggets from 1 or SJ, I'm fine with them going off the rails.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The dumpster-diving one is pretty baller.

Here are mine:
Shin Megami Tensei IV: "I will become a Sam'rai!"
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Demons, grimness and you, EST. 1987

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ChiTownEddie posted:

I'm not one of these SMT series pros, but that seems to be how the games go quite often. Skating along, then BOOM dead stop until you reevaluate your demons/persona and strategy.

Speaking of which, after getting ROCKED on my first attempt at Beldr in Devil Survivor, I rebuilt my demons...and had a decently easy run of it :) Man this game is fun.

This is pretty much the meat and potatoes of the whole franchise, at least on your first playthrough of any given game: Thinking you can coast through the game by just stampeding with physical attacks or one specialized powerhouse of a character WILL get you killed.

If you, however, demonstrate just a smidgen more of restraint and plan a little bit, the games become easier and super enjoyable.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fount of knowledge posted:

Eugh, as much as I'm loving playing SMTIV, it reminds me so much why I dislike Demon Negotiation as a gameplay mechanic. Even though the demons feel a little more consistent in this game than in previous installments, it still feels like a total crapshoot whether a demon joins me or not, and with no VIT stat, when they don't the punishment is HARSH.

But isn't it, for the most part, somewhat simpler than on previous games? I don't know how far you're into (I just came back from getting my rear end charmed in Kiccigiorgi), but as long as your Luck stat isn't complete garbage, it's not that hard to figure out how's it going to go. Good Ag also helps a bunch with the dodging in case you do in fact screw up the negotiation.

I think part of the catch is that, regardless of the situation, there's one thing you need to keep in mind: Don't be a pushover.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Unmature posted:

Have people been seeing the SMT4 special edition in the wild? A local store still has it and I want to pick it up despite not having a 3DS to make sure I get the SE. I wanna get an idea of how rare it's getting. To encourage me to do this stupid thing.

Pretty much every mayor retailer here in Monterrey (MX) has at least 2 or 3 copies on shelf. Since it's an RPG and 3DS gamers here eat those games up, I don't expect them to last very much. How do I know this? Because I've been hunting for an Etrian Odyssey IV physical copy for my niece since she doesn't want to buy it on the eShop due to the fact that she "may get bored with it". :argh:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rude Lion Guns posted:

Sidenote: anyone have tips for SMT1? In particular, I'm having a lot of trouble recruiting demons even though my INT is more than high enough for the game's beginning areas. I can get some demons into the negotiation phase, but they always ask for waaaaay too much money/MAG. Does it really just suck that much?

SMT1 is pretty simplistic in how it operates. It's also the one mainline game I've finished the most times.

Negotiations are always going to be a losing battle unless both luck and int are sufficiently balanced.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Thuryl posted:

It's not awful, although it's about as bare-bones as a typical mainline SMT game. I suspect your enjoyment of the plot will pretty much stand or fall on how much you like Nemissa, since she gets by far the most lines of any character.

Nemissa is awesome. The game is pretty much middle of the road SMT as far as mechanics go, leaning a bit more towards the old school.

If you played any of the 4 SNES games that bear the Megami Tensei part on the title (yes I'm including Kyuuyaku, despite being a remake / compilation from the 2 original Namco games), you're pretty much set. Though it's nowhere near as hard as any of them.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dehry posted:

I think I've only met two or 3 wanting pictures, so I guess that's what I missed. Thanks.

As a tip:
  • 3 of the 4 photo-quest givers are located in Shinjuku. Nozomi's acquaintance, an old lady who's located near the lockers at the west side, the hunter dude at the start of the route towards the Government Offices.
  • The fourth one is a little weird, since it requires you to go and seek Yuriko and then to go at the “fancier” parts of Ginza, but I remember triggering the quest a good deal earlier than that.

gently caress, this game gives you a lot of stuff to do. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus Christ, Atlus doing a Sakura Taisen game would be amazing.

I think that one of the few things that kept me from going bonkers while playing Project x Zone (and while I think she's a pretty boss voice actress, I sincerely hope Yukari Tamura never plays thay game's main character in anything ever again) was the soundtrack that played when certain characters were on their turn. When both the Sakura Taisen teams got to move, their respective leitmotifs always put a goofy smile on my face. Also: Holy poo poo, Chisa Yokoyama is in her mid forties and can still bring the hotblooded, plucky lady voice like someone half her age. :3:

What I'm saying is that I, too, would be all over a Sakura Taisen by Atlus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

Man, so I only got to play a bit of it, but is Devil Survivor Overclocked worth getting on sale?

Yes.

Elaborate answer: Yes, it's a pretty good game. The whole SMT mythos goes surprisingly well with a SRPG gameplay and out of the two Devil Survivor games, the first one (from which Overclocked is a remake of) has, in my opinion, the better story and characters.