Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

MC looks pretty cool :gbsmith:

I'm ready for global release in Nov 2021 now. Time to take a nap until that fateful day arrives here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thanks I was going to search for it on YT later but here it is waiting for me and I'm now waiting patiently for them to release VA credits.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It's not like I have extra :20bux: for LE SMTV but sadly the retailer links are already sold out in <15 min posted.

I'll just settle for the reg game and hope it's fun.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

No Mods No Masters posted:

That was almost 4 hours ago and there have been 0 new developments since, so I'm betting nothing else happens today. Bright and early for the scalp fiesta tomorrow though

I bet it'll be updated at like 3AM and I'll just be sitting in my corner now.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

No Mods No Masters posted:

That was almost 4 hours ago and there have been 0 new developments since, so I'm betting nothing else happens today. Bright and early for the scalp fiesta tomorrow though

I bet it'll be updated at like 3AM and I'll just be sitting in my corner now.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I finished SMT V and mostly I'm extremely underwhelmed but HD demons were pretty cool v:shobon:v

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Once you figure out the initial mystery of why you're here and who this handsome cyborg man is nothing else in the story really gripped me

:same:

I'm mostly powered though because I liked the guy over saving the world.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Agreed. FeMC > Fes

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Booky posted:

i like the collective action part of p5s end where its all "even ordinary people can help others out with the power of teamworks", thats p cool
tho yea iirc p5 def had a lot of cuts and drafts and stuff, wasn't it in dev hell for a long time?

also speaking of modern persona, how diff do u all think p6 will be?

It'll be set in college w/the long-awaited FeMC where you can date everyone.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have they revealed anything else about that fantasy RPG that one Persona guy is working on or do we still only have that one piece of concept art of the main character?

I remember the game announcement and nothing so far since then but P5:R pretty much dominated the chat atm.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

Very confused by this plushie, why is it just a head?

It's the best part really :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I didn't mean to come off as pedantic or arrogant. Sorry.

I'd like a third Raidou game too, I was actually surprised that they went back to the setting of Soul Hackers.

:same:

I miss the best cat ancestor Goto.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is everyone excited for P5:R later this month? I'm on the fence for PC since mods vs Switch version but money v:v:v

I actually watched all the new Akechi parts on YT, but something new is always good and fun.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Same.
I'm in the middle of a move and haven't unpacked my PC yet so my choices are my laptop or my switch.
I found SMT5 disappointing so I'm trying to temper onp5R and if it does Pokemon comes out the next month so...

Yeah, I didn't really finish SMT5 and I felt the same :sigh:

I haven't played P5 since the launch date so I'm excited to re-live all the exp all over again as I forgot a lot in the past years. I haven't really been interested in new games other than FFXIV so I'm just hoping for the best.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

The loading screens (that you should absolute turn off because it's fake loading) like to mention that society has stagnated due to unchecked capitalism and people in general no longer have hope in a better future, which is the key to pretty much everyone's motivation. Like, even the super AI has calculated that it has to spur some kind of change or else it is doomed. I don't know if that counts as punk but I thought it was funny.

Oh, it got too real there in 2022 :effort:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SpiderLink posted:

It's part of the Xbox Black Friday sale as well. Base game is 42 USD, Digital Premium is 63 (both 30% off) Cross-buy and cross-save with Windows store.

Same thing for Persona 5 Royal for $45, and it's cloud streamable if you have Game Pass Ultimate.

I bought both at launch cause I'm a mark though :frogc00l:

This is a good deal for P5:R but I'm having issues with mods on Game Pass so I'm waiting for a Steam sales....one day.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is it worth getting Game Pass on PC for Soul Hackers 2? I heard it was average gameplay with repetitive dungeons.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Serperoth posted:

If you can get that 1 dollar game pass thingy, maybe?

I have Game Pass anyway for Forza, and currently playing Persona 5 Royal, it's been good value for me, and the only "content" subscription I have. Still doubt it's worth it just for a single game you can probably get on sale somewhere, but I got it as the 1 dollar deal for Forza and have played a good few games I'd otherwise have skipped (Powerwashing Simulator, P5R, Hardspace Shipbreaker, DQXI)

Sadly I used the $1 promo on P5:R last year at launch :sigh:

I will keep waiting for a good sale then.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

God i love when smt has more modern cryptids, mothman is such a qt and i really like Chemtrails from 4

Mothman v good. I kinda feel sad every time I'm reminded he got his own sweater and it's been OOS for years now when I first saw it but I had no money.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dreams do come true :3:

Also the mothman figure does exist?

Alder fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 24, 2023

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

Just make SMTVI an all girl game. Girl PC and all the alignment reps are women, too.

Also maybe it's just my current readings in feminist theory but I almost wish the game would openly acknowledge how much harder it would be for women in a post-apocalyptic world. I mean, the guy said it here so they're not blind to it. Incorporate it into the game. It could be something the female alignment reps argue over. This will never happen, and maybe that's a good thing, but the interview was still a fun read.

:yeah:

I mean but first, we need to decide if we can handle a FeMC who moves into the country side to start over and happens to be a phantom thief on her weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm conflicted now knowing it's ARPG and I'm pretty terrible at games already :shobon: