Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goro and Ken are going to bond over wanting people dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goro really betrayed you because the Phantom Theives kept stealing his lunch money and giving him swirlies.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adachi should've just straight-up been Yoshikage Kira.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is is P3P her first name or family name.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy loving poo poo Kamoshida.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arist posted:

Ah yes, the incredibly notable and interesting P1 cast

Mark is my man.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sakurai beat every employ in Atlus at Smash to let this happen.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsieurChoc posted:

Bring back Philemon you cowards.

Igor: Master, you can't just hand out the Wild Card to a mentally unstable kindergartner!
Philemon: *clearly heavily intoxicated* Iiii'm God, I can - I can do whatever the gently caress I want. Look, see, his Persona looks loving rad. This is good.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arist posted:

(I think Romi Park's Naoto is also real bad for the record)

I've only ever really like Romi Park as Giorno.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Loki is my favorite Persona design in 5 so I'm totally up for the Save Goro route in P5R just to actually use him instead of Robin Hood.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shido should've been more overtly a Japanese ultranationalist version of Armstrong.

Have him dropkick Joker in the middle of a monologue.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think the story there is that the Nanjo Group gave all the stuff from SEBEC to the Kirijo Group and let them have free reign resulting in an impressive amount of bullshit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think the implication with Saori is that she was in "love" with her uncle and then poo poo spiraled into hell and now her parents hate her and she wants to die.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I remember basically no real details of the P3 social links besides just the general idea of a few of them.

There's like, three SLs where the MC outs themselves as a sociopath, I think?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many mythologies has SMT used? And are there any that haven't been used yet?

Not enough vodou. Someone's Persona should be Baron Samedi.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

W.T. Fits posted:

The biggest difference is that Yu himself just straight up grabs Namatame and tries to start shoving him into the TV before Yosuke and the others stop him and calm him down.

Considering the circumstances at the time, this makes more sense than Naoto suddenly implying that the gang should ice the guy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Persona 5 Revengeance

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I found 5 to be more enjoyable than the other Persona games.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like Keith Silverstein plenty but god I wish he used any other voice than the Nazeem on for Shido.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Odin is very proud of his abs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Final Fantasy VII ends with the ultimate environmentalist message: nothing you do matters, in the end everything collapses and dies, and Red XIII will always be around to pee on what remains of your civilization.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy poo poo the Akechi one.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ohtsam posted:

Replaying P5, I hope P5R uses a different framing device for the story than the interrogation

I hope they keep the interrogation and add Sae demanding to know who started interrogating Joker after he was arrested and drugged when you start the Judgement SL.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Megami Tensei Megathread: Do Not Pursue Haru

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

loving lol at thinking that Yosuke is a worthy boyfriend when Kanji is right there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I want to throw Akechi at his dad as my own BEast of Human Sacrifice in a sick pokemon battle.

"Goro, use Gun!"

"GORO GORO"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FE1 would've been better if it had a thinly-veiled Marty Friedman helping you like #FE does.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ken is The Worst P3 party member, can we agree on that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like how Shinji dies to save Ken and Ken's first thought about that is "gently caress, now I can't get revenge!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Persona 1 being on the Playstation Classic is still hilarious to me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TheKingofSprings posted:

Akechi apparently is a fake in the extended semester which is an idealistic fake reality where among other things he turned/was good, the real deal lives through the boat and brutally kills the fake

This is loving hilarious, holy poo poo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oxxidation posted:

it's also not true, at least not as stated

akechi lives through the boiler incident and shows up when sae is making the brilliant proposal to have joker turn himself in, and gives himself up in joker's place. he then remains incarcerated until the world goes lotus-eater, which has him released and exonerated of all charges. he then immediately, literally goes "a good thing happened to me? something is very wrong here" and spends all his efforts trying to enlist joker in his efforts to tear the fantasy down

This is also loving hilarious, thought not as much as the first thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

[SCENE: Goro and Shido are on the front lawn, playing catch]

Shido: Son, I'm proud of you and I love you.

[Goro's mom walks out with a stack of pancakes]

Goro: ...no...no...NO! THIS CAN'T BE REAL!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsieurChoc posted:

Persona Q3 should just have all the villains as the characters stuck in the weird dimension. Kandori, JOKER, other JOKER, Ryoji, Adachi, Akechi, etc.
A game where the Persona Squad is made up of the evil Persona users from past games, just a gang of horrible people bonding over being horrible people.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Switch gets P4G to honor it's fallen mentor.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sunglasses Hitler is better in every way possible than how it was in the original.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is Strange Journey just Event Horizon?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Persona 4 Golden is on Steam so quite literally anything is possible in this crazy world of ours now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Replace Bootleg Marty Friedman with Actual Marty Friedman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

P5 uniform is goofy and everyone on the team wears it different.