Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

HGH posted:

Also the Gematsu article with the same info as the others says Navarre is actually possessing the main character.

So maybe that means that ghost-Navarre is gonna be our Burroughs equivalent? Oh, that's gonna be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Lucifier's got some mean yaoi hands

Appropriate, considering he's got a dude inside one of them.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Pimp Drakula posted:

Is there any reason I should not play the following four games in this order: Nocturne -> SMTIV -> Devil Summoner -> Devil Summoner 2? I got the last trophies for DAN last night and have had an SMT backlog to clear out.

Which Devil Summoner games are you talking about? The two cyberpunk games or the ones with Raidou? Either way you probably don't want to play those last because, imo, Nocturne and SMTIV are better by a decent amount. Maybe instead: Devil Summoner->Nocturne->-Devil Summoner 2->SMTIV.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Pimp Drakula posted:

Oh, I didn't know there were earlier game associated with Devil Summoner am actually just completely awful at identifying threads of the SMT franchise without a chart, I specifically mean Raidou 1 & 2

Yeah, then I'd recommend at least starting with the first Raidou just to see if you like it. The second Raidou actually improves quite a bit so you should still try it out if you end up not liking the first game though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

hubris.height posted:

at first i thought this is the best thing

then i noticed the duplication, now its the worst thing.

That's just being faithful to the anime.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

With the announcement of SMT IV Final, I just want to remind everyone that having :smuggo: be a status effect is a wonderful thing to be cherished and loved.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

They can stop showing character trailers cause Barry Goodman already sold me on the game.

Survivor chat: Great now all the police have went nuts. When does Midori go crazy?

I'm pretty sure Midori starts out crazy though?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Baal posted:

Idk, I remember it not being very heavy, but maybe I'm misremembering.

They might have added in some stuff in Overclocked about God being a dick or in some other routes

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Justin_Brett posted:

When's the Fire Emblem where I can fuse the cavaliers into a two-headed monstrosity, then?

They already are though?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Baal posted:

who would you even base an smt adventure game on the nocturne pixie?

An entire game based around demon negotiations, yay.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SMT games get rated mature because they have a giant green chariot-riding penis, hth.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

alcharagia posted:

kirby is the best nintendo franchise

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

DalaranJ posted:

You can only get Final as a pack-in when buying Persona 5.

Ok

Tae posted:

You can only get Final and Persona 5 in a digital code off an activated disk of Tokyo Mirage Sessions with 30 hours inputted

Still ok

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I can't wait to use the power of :smug: to kill God again.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Strange Quark posted:

I mean, how else do you think he got number one in the P4G poll

Programming error.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The teleport maze was the only part I remember having trouble with dungeon-wise. Also, was SJ the one that gave you an achievement for running your face into a wall and crab-walking? That was funny.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

mandatory lesbian posted:

i hope the dungeons are reworked to all be teleport mazes

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Pureauthor posted:

Not to say you're wrong but you also forgot the EO knockoff.

And the fighting game's sequel.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It's almost as if persona q is a spin-off of both persona 3 and persona 4 at the same time.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

DeSu will always be special to me because it was my first SMT game and the final boss was a legitimate last hit, kill or be killed, scenario.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

So, is SMT V ever coming out? It's been radio silence for like 2 years or something

I remember back in January Atlus made a tweet along the lines of "get ready for some SMTV news soon" and followed up by absolutely nothing.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

muy bueno

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

This guy seems trustworthy. TBH if there was a "you should totally trust this guy always" award, he'd probably get it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

Another big change I noticed, is that demon skills can also have a multiplyer like the MC now. That's cool. But when doing a fusion I noticed that the result would change a skill to -3. How does all that work?

The element modifiers are tied to the specific demon.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ah, I think I see now.

This demon is weak to elec so zio would be -3.

What would happen to that -3 zio if I fused this demon to something that isn't weak to elec?

They're just their own thing. Like a demon will have it's own stats, its own element resistances, and now its own elemental modifiers/affinity. Being weak to electricity and having a -3 modifier is just a thematic connection not mechanically connected.

So if you fused a new demon, it would have its own unique affinity.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Devil Survivor 3 pls

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

"Why do I hear normal battle music?"

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

:smuggo:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hacker voice "I'm in."

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Einander posted:

As far as tips go: move the MC out of the first slot of the party if you're doing a physical build. Magic is better at getting press turns.

I played that game for like 80 hours, and I somehow never figured you could do that.:anime:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

So I know Jujutsu Kaisen and One Piece, and the one second to right says Attack on Titan, but what's the second-to-left one?

Demon Slayer