Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Q is completely awful.

Day one buying P5 golden though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Marie is alright outside of P4 but awful inside because she's pushed so much despite being obnoxious. She has a great dungeon and boss fight with some of the best music in the game but what idiot decided to have her talk instead of Nanako.

Her being an exception for Valentine's Day is weird and also contributes a lot to the feeling of her being shoved onto you.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Okumura foods is by far the low point of the game which is a shame.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ryu has gotten full reveal trailers before. Fighting games do this all the time.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

There’s some extremely loud posters here that hate P5 immensely and will interpret anything about Royal as negative as possible. If you’re looking for accurate information on the upgrades you’re going to need to wait a while.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Naoto rules and is best girl.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Once you get the better accessories you’ll be able to consistently cast your spells regardless. Going back up to full is pointless since it cuts your current sp in half every turn.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Nah Junpei and Yukari are up there with Yosuke as the most realistic and interesting teenager characters in the series and that makes them more compelling.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Law is for cops.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Apocaplyse’s gameplay is phenomenal but the story is a really meh Persona knockoff with some cool bits that doesn’t fit the tone of SMT at all. Massacre is pretty fun though and I’d respect the games balls if that was the only way to fight the true final boss. The last dungeon is a complete afterthought in Bonds

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I love golden but Marie is incredibly annoying and only gets worse with how the game pushes her. Her dungeon was rad though

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The P4 uniforms were rad what the gently caress

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The gameplay in Persona 2 is absolute trash while 3 4 and 5 are quite solid to actually play

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

IVA's gameplay is fantastic and possibly the best in the franchise. The plot is terrible and feels incredibly out of place for an SMT game since it just feels like Persona with the serial numbers filed off and crowbarred into normal SMT. IV's plot wasn't great and had a lot of problems but it had a much stronger tone and mood to it.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Don’t worry it’s about to get far far worse.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

FeMC is a pretty different and more likable character with infinitely better social links outside of the one really bad one. MC fits the game's tone more but P3 is the weakest of the modern three games by a fairly large margin and I completely get people preferring FeMC since she feels like something out of the later games.

The post above me is correct in that P3 does by far the best job of nailing its themes out of all of the games but the pacing is so loving dogshit that it hurts the experience a lot.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If that's your definition of backpedaling there's no disagreement for you that couldn't be explained with bad actors and discussions just aren't for you.

You are a dipshit and not looking for actual discussion

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

That entire endgame to SMTV was incredibly flaccid.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Remaster is better but it’s a great game either way you go about it

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I'm still sorta burned on how SMTV was aggressively a step down from Nocturne and Apocalypse so I'll pass on Soul Hackers 2.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

SMTV has incredibly boring zones a dry as dirt narrative and weirdly jank boss design to the point the final boss is one of the biggest chumps in the franchise. I dunno what NikkolasKing is going on about but it's really aggressively mediocre as far as SMT goes. While Apocalypse had problems in its narrative as well it was a hell of a lot more fun to play and had an awesome endgame climax instead of the wet fart SMTV goes out on

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

TMS was a much better game then SMTV

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Nanashi is fun and despite its flaws SMT4 Apocalypse is much better then SMTV.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

IV is meh but it's a lot more memorable then V. Apocalypse loses a lot of the tone but it plays way better then IV and is a fuckload more memorable and better structured then V. It also has actually dope as gently caress final battles instead of the jokes in V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

SMTV was pretty underwhelming overall but this seems like a decent improvement. I was pretty blah on SMTIV and really liked Apocalypse despite the wonky tone so this might have a similar feeling.