Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I know this isn't technically SMT related, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyIt1obb1dE

looking forward to them porting Final Remix to PS5 to capitalise on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

IIRC didn't Final Remix still use the touch screen?

it also had a docked mode where you used a joycon with gyro. PS4 and PS5 controllers both have motion and that little touch pad so while i never actually played Final Remix (prefer to stick to the dual screen battle system) i'm sure they could adapt the game to them some way

was mostly just a "lol even now we won't get a new game :smith:" joke either way

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
SMTV is taking so long because they're catering to me, personally, by reworking it to be Soul Hackers sequel

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I still have my PS2 copy of Lucifer's Call that I never beat but I'll probably get the HD version on Switch for handheld punishment

They should've replaced Dante from the Devil May Cry series with Bayonetta

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

NikkolasKing posted:

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1290958141593706496?s=20

That's earlier than I expected. Hopefully Switch prices drop a bit in the next few months.

when i first read this i was like "man, that's forever away" before i remembered that we're in the second half of 2020 and not whenever my brain thought we were

i should play the copy of SMTIVA i have sitting here before this arrives

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

You should. It's good.

NikkolasKing posted:

it's my favorite SMT/Persona game ever, blahblah. I've said that enough. But it's so damned good in so many areas. It's like how Final Fantasy X is my favorite FF because it excels in so many areas while having very flaw and only minor flaws.

Also the English dub for Apoc is just so unbelievably great.

IV was the first SMT game i actually played through fully after buying Lucifer's Call after a year of reading glowing import impressions in magazines before it came out here only to get stomped by the Matador and then finally give up at some later dungeon i can't recall, followed by bouncing off Soul Hackers because i apparently wasn't boozing my demons up enough to get around the game's loyalty system (i really have to go back to it one day, it was fun and i loved the music and 90s cyberpunk setting, i just struggled with that mechanic) so i'm keen to dip into IV A despite the apparently extra anime-ness of it, it's just one of those games that i grabbed a copy of because i knew i'd want to play eventually but just haven't gotten around to yet

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
kinda understandable that it costs extra to feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series i guess since they'd have to relicence him from Capcom, but boy that price feels steep

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i didn't really expect SMTV news but a 3HD date would have been nice

one more Direct rejected

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

the thousand years are finally about to expire

hoping there's a physical version with the improvements they've made to the Japanese version already on the card

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
boo, the Aus eShop has SMT3HD titled as Nocturne. Lucifer's Call is a much cooler, more evocative name!

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 20, 2021

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Finally digging properly into IV Apocalypse so I can have played through it before I'm ready to slam 3HD into my Switch and drat, Manabu was a real one. Strong ally vibes in dude being "if this is what they say their name is now then this is what we should call them."

I'd kinda forgotten that this starts mid-endgame of IV so Flynn and Isabeau sweeping in to save us while we're trying to prove ourselves as hunters was cool

And dang these battle themes slap

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mandatory lesbian posted:

The next smt should feature Max Headroom as a demon

Heck Yeah new Soul Hackers

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Fr though the next side game should just be Montero

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently this was up on the Nocturne HD Steam page for a bit before being taken down, story trailer featuring the English dub

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7vhkLjm_9eE

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, huh, I didn't think the "smirking: insta kill" thing would work on Ose in this encounter in the cavern since I figured he was being treated like a mini boss and then it did lol. Bonus

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ohtsam posted:

They also recently got bought by fandom which while they’ve been poo poo to employees in the past doesn’t do illegal poo poo.

Fandom also recently stepped in and told the editors of the Star Wars fan wiki to gently caress off when they were being dickheads about changing the attribution of works by trans people to their proper name

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the best PS2 JRPG/turn based tactics game is La Pucelle just because Croix smoking the phantom cigarette they edited out of his sprite for the English release and the main character yelling "COUPE DE GRACE!!!" is etched into my memory even though i never actually beat the game :shobon:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Alacron posted:

Voice acting probably.

yeah, the additions in Nocturne HD aren't as extensive as Golden overall, but the budget for adding all that stuff went into the initial Vita version where it sure didn't cost $20 at release

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

Can't wait til someone makes a mod that swaps out Dante with Bayonetta

mannn, Atlus really should've just done that to start with instead of having to relicence Dante from Capcom and pay dipshit Reuben Langdon for the new voiceovers

they already put her in the mobile game

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
is the update for Nocturne HD on Switch (assuming it's a day 1 one, i only finally put the game in last week) anything important? i wanna play it but my Switch doesn't wanna update jack at the moment

also keen for the sand surfin' laser sword prettyboy in V

Space Bat posted:

Holy poo poo you need to get a loving life lol. Coom coom cooM! YOU NEED TO COOM! AAAA! You can't like a thing if it has nothing to coom tooo! ARRGH MY NAME IS CLERETIC AND I'M ABOUT TO loving COOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wh- Bwuh?! Where's the titty bimbos?! I need to coom! ENough of these males, show me the COOM WOMEN!!! You whine so much about everything and yet you're obsessed with nazi women because you think they're hot, you're literally everything you claim to hate. COOM COOM COOOOOOOM!!! AAHH !! LOOK AT SHE'S AB OUT TO COOOM!!! Somone get the plastic ponchos...Cleretic's about...too...loving...COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm assuming it's the patch the JP version got, which made it not crash all the time among other issues. Dunno if the US version had it baked in and our day 1 patch is diff tho.

yeah, i was kinda assuming/hoping they just pressed the cards with that stuff on there and it'd be something else but if not i guess i'll wait a bit until Nintendo's poo poo wants to work

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Wanna pet that Mothman

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Spiffster posted:

Just got to a very important part I feel in smt IV and welp the fact that I feel like I’m stuck on the law route after that freaking bombshell of red pill origins because I don’t want to act like an rear end in a top hat to people is gonna piss me off. Oh you don’t want to kill people in the tournament qualifiers, well you must obviously want to harvest them for the greater good.

and so it must be, for so it is written on the doorway to paradise. that those who falter, and those who fall must pay the price

Rockstar Massacre posted:

as usual, the right option is to go full chaos and then about face when that means pledging yourself literally to the Prince Of Lies, who's alright but not someone i wanna work for.

and if you fall like Lucifer fell, you fall in flames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
after some time away from Nocturne HD to do some Tony Hawkin', i have reached the Obelisk. this is where my last attempt to play the game on PS2, gosh, fifteen years ago at this point ended. i remember getting through the tower but then being trounced by the three sisters and after a few attempts feeling like there wasn't anything i could easily tweak in my team to be able to beat them and giving up

i feel like i have a better grasp of the series this time around having finished SMTIV since that even if i do get stuck there it shouldn't be a complete game ender this time around. and even if it is, there's always merciful mode v:v:v