Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Nocturne is one of those games where if you slip up just once you can get majorly hosed over. I remember the first time I played through it I got to a new dungeon, was carefully exploring it for about half an hour, feeling a bit sleepy so figure I should head back to a save point, I dozily cast a spell on a new enemy that pops up - boom, reflected. Instant death from full health and the last half hour or so never happened.

That's the kind of thing that will happen to you from just 1 small mistake.

It's also a game that rewards planning though. If you have a bunch of farmed up super demons with customized skill sets then you can breeze through most levels quite easily. Some of the bosses do have rather arcane weaknesses even then.

Anyone who used an FAQ even once during Nocturne kinda spoiled it tho, it's an easy game if you have the perfect demons and skill set up for each dungeon. It's not hard to break when you know what you're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU