Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Spiffo posted:

Well thanks a lot thread! :mad: I just ordered Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Nocturne and P3P thanks to you! I hope you're happy! (i am)

The more people that buy P3P, the better. :allears:

I'm pissed though. I've been in the middle of another playthrough for a couple weeks, and my PSP keeps getting dust in the screens. I keep opening up the system to clean it out, doing everything I can to prevent more dust from getting in. I close it, turn the poo poo on, aaaaand... tons and tons of dust. Dust between handheld screens is the one thing I'm OCD about these days :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

TurnipFritter posted:

But you didn't preorder Persona 2 Innocent Sin Portable? You should probably get on that.

Everybody buy it on the Playstation Store if you wanna be able to play it on the Vita!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

The best method is how Bioware does their protagonists, where you choose from a list of answers (not unlike Persona games) but then the character has its own voice and replies based on how you yourself answered. There's no reason why Atlus can't do this for P5, but there's no reason to say they will. :(

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Holy crap. I saw this news yesterday and jumped for joy. I imagined this thread would explode, but 300 posts in a single day? It's like Christmas! I can't wait for all of this. If I didn't want a Vita before, I sure do now.

Role Play McMurphy posted:

did they announce yukari yet

I will murder someone if she's not. :argh:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

redreader posted:

What do you mean by this?

I think he means being able to choose which abilities a spawned Personae will inherit when you fuse 2+ "seed" personae together.

Aigis, where's your ribbon? That tie doesn't go with that outfit. :smith:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Is there a spoiler-free list of all of the new stuff added to Persona 2: IS? Any new personae?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Playing Persona 1 in preparation for innocent sin, anything I should know before starting?

I don't want to be 'that guy,' but don't be afraid to play the game on Easy. The game is already hard enough as it is. You can't buy a lot of basic equipment you can in other RPGs- instead they're dropped after you kill enemies. I had to do a lot of grinding to continually have worthy personae on my team.

There are various characters in the game that can join your party, but you can only get one of them for the entire game. If you don't like someone or how the game portrays them, just tell them "no" if they ask to join.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Nessa posted:

I just finished P3P with the female character and now I'm incredibly sad. :( I love the game, and would like to be able to play it again on normal, but I don't even know if I can.

This is the second time that a Persona game has made me cry like a little girl. :(

Thank you. Welcome to the support group. I could probably be the leader if I wasn't such a crybaby when it comes to P3's ending. :gbsmith:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

P3 stuff:

Halfway into my recent replay right now, trying to finish before Persona 2: IS is released. I'm trying to complete every social link this time, and I'm smack-dab in the middle of Yuko, Chihiro, and Yukari's social links. At this point in the game, the culture festival is going on. I had no idea that the girls have a catfight if you're dating all of them at once. That gave me a good laugh.

As for the Chidori talk, I need to watch myself. Missing the cues to talk to Junpei and change his story is really easy. I should probably check the days when there are specific questions that affect the story.

Being OCD in games like this is a curse.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Nighteyedie posted:

I didn't realize people felt so strongly about Yosuke. I always thought he was supposed to be comedic relief and all the crap he did or said were supposed to be jokes, never really took him seriously.

Same here. Yosuke is one of my favorite characters in P4. Whereas Yukari is always in my party in P3, Yosuke is always in my party in P4. Pretty much everything he says is tongue-in-cheek, as though I were talking with one of my own friends. Being unable to accept the boonies is fitting for his character. Having his nickname in Mayonaka Arena be "Captain Resentment" is pretty hilarious with that in mind.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

That trailer for the anime looks brilliant. Will there be any high class organizations providing fansubs? I don't watch anime often, so I don't know this stuff.

As for Ultimate Mayonnaise Arena, I hope this means that the game will have more than ten fighters. I guess I'm just really hoping that Persona 3 has Yukari and a few other P3 Vets in it. :ohdear:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

TurnipFritter posted:

Kick Naoto to the curb and let Maya be the game's gunner.

I was hesitating on saying something like this, but yeah, I'd love Maya to be in the game. Hell keep Naoto in, I like Naoto too, but at the same time I'd love to see what some of the P2 characters look like 11 years later.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

I, too, have feelings about the quality of Persona 4's S-Links. These feelings are that all of the ones I have done are good. :colbert:

I need to start up the re-play I've been trudging through for the past year. Just about to recruit Naoto. It would go a lot faster if I had more from my first playthrough than just the personae. My personae in the first play suuuucked.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

TurnipFritter posted:

Teddie's Bear Knuckle Brawler.

Teddy's so awesome that he could beat me with his bear hands.

:gbsmith:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

It's nice to meet someone else who loved the PSP Persona soundtrack. I seriously think it was the best part of the game. :allears:

I understand why people were upset and why they didn't take the same path with P2, of course. Still, those poppish Meguro songs help me relax a lot more when I play the games.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

I'm hoping that by the time the Vita is released, we'll eventually have Persona 2: Eternal Punishment announced. As a Vita title. I know I'm loving dreaming here, but that would be so neat. I guess I'm just kind of worried too, since IS came out in April(?) in Japan and I still haven't heard anything about a PSP version of Eternal Punishment. :(

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Wow. Mitsuru is looking pretty awesome. Here's hoping we still see Yukari added to the roster. "I just want to see her again." :ohdear:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

gently caress, The Answer is one more reason why I like Yukari so much. She's really deep down in the stages of grief, so far down that no one else is able to help her. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. She starts off in the Answer refusing to even acknowledge anything with the MC's death, avoiding doing anything that might remind her of him. I believe she even skipped his funeral in her contemplation. The anger comes throughout the Answer, constantly lashing out at everyone who disagrees with her line of thought. She irrationally wants to take on Nyx again, even if they wouldn't have a chance of victory, just so she could potentially rescue the MC. When she loses against Aigis, she still attempts to have things her way by trying to take the key anyway. When she realizes she can't do anything, she finally just slumps down in anxiety and pours her soul out to everyone. It's only at the end of the Answer that she can finally accept the main character's death for what it was and move on with her life, becoming an even better friend to Aigis in the process. Honestly, I feel like Yukari should be the real star of the Answer. Everyone goes through this poo poo in their lives at some point or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Nessa posted:

But I guess I'm in the minority here for really liking her character, since it seems like everyone else detests her.

The Black Stones posted:

You're not a really small minority I'd think. I liked her character too.

Yeah, I liked Naoto's character a lot; she was a good addition to the cast. My only issue is that she's the last person to come to the team, but hell, it sounds like that's a positive for a lot of people here.

There are no Persona characters I've ever really outright disliked, except for enemies that are supposed to be disliked.