Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Well thanks a lot thread! :mad: I just ordered Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Nocturne and P3P thanks to you! I hope you're happy! (i am)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

A Teddie romance wouldn't even work, his link levels up through the plot.

Since you can S.Link with everyone in your team anyway, romance-wise they'd probably just take away the female romance options and add some for the males. There are already Just Friends options for the women so it wouldn't even be much work to cut those out.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Teddie: Can... Can I wear the suit?

> Yes, please wear it
> No, keep it off
> what

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

tooooooo bad posted:

Working on Catherine was working on P5. It was a way to establish their technology and figure things out with a less serious project before starting on the real deal. It also gave them a break from the series which was almost certainly for the best.

This is a great thing, too. Honestly I didn't really dig Catherine and couldn't even finish it (puzzles dragged on and on and I burned out), the game looks GREAT and I'd love to see them use similar visual tech in a new Persona.

Just as long as they do something about the volume discrepancies, ai yai yai

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Fooley posted:

I saw that when I was skimming earlier and forgot, thanks again. I'm more annoyed I missed the ones at gamestop...getting P4, DDS 1+2, and Nocturne for $60 would've been nice.

God I spent way too much money on pretty much these exact games (but P3P instead of P4). Still, a couple of them came in so all that Care just washed away

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Nearing the end of P3:FES - hopefully I can tackle the Reaper eventually so I can try the bonus dungeon. If not then oh well.

I'm split on which I like more, P3 or P4. Persona 3 has such a nice style to it, but the pacing is crazy. They basically throw you in head-first at the start and then you just kind of sit back and wait for things to happen to you. Or rather, wait for them to NOT happen to you in the case of social events. The Kyoto trip was loving miserable, they pretty much skipped over the entire day and there was nothing to do at night. I was looking forward to what everyone would have to do for career week, then the calendar jumped forward a few days like "okay, career week is over!" It seems like they put so much work into everything about The Dark Hour, then were too lazy to do the rest of the game's events.

Tararus is a blast to go through though and the some of the boss battles had me get through only by the skin of my teeth. Seeing Dark Hour versions of the places I've hung out in is pretty chilling too. Lots of good personas too - out of my twelve slots, eight or nine of them are filled with pretty useful guys. Seems like persona 4 had a lot more white noise personas toward the end.

Persona 4 eases you into it a lot better though, and the main characters take a much more active approach toward solving the mystery. The flesh out the non-dungeon parts a lot more too - when you go to the city the characters actually do things rather than the game going yadda yadda yadda and skipping over it.

I got persona 3 on the brain

PlasticPaddy posted:

I'm not far enough to have the option to fuse yet, I was just looking it up on Gamefaqs and it made my head spin. Maybe it will make more sense when I'm actually playing the game.

Thanks for your help guys

Feel your way through it, it's easier than it looks. Fuse the highest-level guy you can, let the bonus exp. from Social Links push those even higher. Hang out with your party members a lot - they get bonuses in combat and the personas that they're related to (magician, chariot, priestess, etc) are generally pretty good too.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Suaimhneas posted:

Pay-per-view fighting tournaments, only on the Midnight Channel.

Sponsored by Junes

Coming this Cusomter Appreciation Day.

oh no...

At Junes, every day is customer appreciation day!

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Strange Matter posted:

and because Mitsuru wouldn't stop using useless ailment attacks.

Ugh Mitsuru was the worst, I mean her ice attacks are really awesome but for the longest time she kept trying that stupid "charm 1 foe" move and even once she lost it she'd still use Tentarafoo when I JUST WANT YOU TO HIT SOMETHING GOD drat IT. Even at the end of the came she'll use Mind Charge but then instead of Bufudyne she'll use loving Spirit Drain or something.

She'll act a bit better if you set her to Full Attack and I love when she just fuckin' tears into poo poo with her rapier but so many wasted turns. Shoulda brought Koro or Aigis instead.

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 13, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Radish posted:

Junpei did get better after Chidori but he was such a whiny rear end in a top hat that was constantly lashing out because of his own (deserved) inferiority complex that it soured me on him.

Yeah he was an rear end in a top hat but unlike Yosuke in P4, one morning Junpei stops me and was like "Hey bro, I realize I've been acting like a dick lately. I've been going through some stuff and I'm sorry about that. We cool?" Apology accepted.

Yosuke was an unapologetic rear end in a top hat and homophobe. When he asked Kanji, "Are we going to be safe with you?" I wanted to slap his stupid mouth. Junpei gets some credit considering what he could have been.

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 13, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Iceclaw posted:

The relationship between Chidori in Junpei, in my opinion was pretty badly written: Chidori's death was pretty melodramatic, and on the whole, I could not get past the fact Junpei kept on coming to see Chidori at the Hospital.

I agree it was badly written but for the opposite reason. She's in for like a week and then I'm left wondering "Uhh, what happened to Chidori? You stopped making scenes about her". Practically a whole month goes by (possibly more than a month) until the game remembers she exists. They pretty much forgot about her and left her in the closet until the plot needed her again.

Also I'm left wondering why the hell Strega never busted her like a day after she was captured. I mean, only a few people can operate during the dark hour - why not just walk into the hospital one night while we're in Tarturus, or fighting a giant shadow, and just take her?

Baalster posted:

He even goes on to whine about Chie spending his money when he did not at all think for even a second that sending a newly human Teddie to Junes may have been a bad idea.

Not to mention that he offers to treat you to steak and when Chie goes "Uh, you still owe me for that DVD so take me too" he goes "Uhhh did you hear steak, actually I said Junes!" Like if someone busted your copy of Persona 4 and instead of replacing it they brought you some mcnuggets and called it even

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 13, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Nessa posted:

I got the vibe that Junes was more like a Walmart with a courtyard in the center. Junes was the cheap mega store that was driving the smaller stores out of business.

Yeah except Chie always complains about how Junes overcharges for everything :smug:

Yosuke you can't do anything right

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

I like Chie's SLink the best because large portions of it involved consumption of cooked meat, and that is something I can get behind.

Also much of her link is about her wanting to protect her friends (Yukiko in perticular) so when she confronts those dudes she's pretty much like "You got a problem with me take it out on me! Go ahead, HIT ME! HIT ME I DARE YOU YOU PIECE OF poo poo TAKE YOUR SHOT RIGHT HERE" and they get all freaked out and leave

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIt7CtionFo&hd=1

Updated Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena trailer, has new footage of the 2 new characters

Care to spoil it for people who can't click on the video?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Hopefully it won't repeat itself as much as P4. Christ, the characters in that game would say the same things over and over and often I just wanted them to MOVE ON.

Personally I hope they either keep the P4 gameplay or even improve it further, while going back to the gravity of P3's story.

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 23, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

HarveyVdarski posted:

Well arguably P4 was a dumbing down of the P3 gameplay. With the exception of the best chsracter ever's shadow, the bosses were all like, insanely easy. I beat Naoto's shadow on my first try, with half HP/SP party, and I used a god drat black frost to do it.

(Actually I forget if Black Frost is still a good persona at that point. I dunno, but I used thst BF all the way to the final boss.)

Admittedly yeah, I just prefer having control over my party and not taking using up a turn to get up. So basically, P3P's battle system (combining all the physicals into one in P4 was a bad idea and resulted in almost every physical skill being identical).

The bosses in P3 got easier and easier as you went too, although at least Black Frost wasn't so overpowered.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

tooooooo bad posted:

I find it really weird that people go into video games wanting to get game overs and have their time wasted.

Bro if you hate Game Overs then you'll love persona, just play on easy and it gives you a bunch of items that revive everyone when you all die.

Or is that somehow "different"?

edit: just after I posted this I got jacked in The Answer

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 23, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Yeah, basically do as much as you possibly can in as few days as possible, but if you're spent before you can get to the end, take a break. When you return you can automatically skip to the farthest floor you've reached. Since no one wants to hang out on rainy days, and there are better enemies (and drops?), try to go if it's raining.

This doesn't really apply to the first dungeon as much because it's probably one of the hardest parts of the game. You've only got three party members and very few S.Links by that point so take as many trips as you need (but try to squeeze as much out of each trip as you can).

Eventually you'll be able to buy SP regeneration at the dungeon hub. It's really pricey but it gets cheaper as you level up the Hermit S.Link. Once you have access to Hermit, get it as high as you can. Eventually you'll be able to finish entire dungeons, including boss, in a single trip.

If there's a rainy day and you've already beaten the dungeon, you can go to the Aiya for some chinese food - it's 3000 yen but it boosts 3 stats at once. A number of S.Links require your social stats to go up. Reading books (bought from the bookstore) at night is another good way to boost your stats. Some S.Links also increase your stats (for instance, attending culture club will boost Expression and also level up Sun).

Also, prioritize your party members' S.Links because they get cool new things in combat.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Axle_Stukov posted:

Huh, I think that shot of Yukiko activating her super all but confirms more P3 characters then just Aegis. I had though that the text behind the character was simply their name, but on that screenshot clearly shows it's saying "P4 HERO".

And when Aigis does it, it will say P3 HERO

What does that confirm?

also I gotta say:

Yukiko looks FANTASTIC in this pic, and Kanji looks stupid as hell. Yeah, I saw that gif with the chair and Kanji's a badass, but in this pic WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE????

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

dude789 posted:

That pic also shows 4 blank cards and whereas there are only 2 members of the P4 cast who haven't been revealed yet (Teddie and Naoto) so I'd say there's a pretty good chance that we see more characters from Persona 3 or before.

perhaps

BUT!!!

EDIT: I will still pick Kanji and punch Yosuke in the face a lot

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 28, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

YggiDee posted:

Maybe Bear-Teddie and Sparkly-Blond-Man Teddie count as different characters?

No way, they'd have the same Persona that that would be no good.

There probably will be more P3 characters although the devs could stand to talk about them at least a little more. There's no way those extra cards are just for show.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Why is pixie so important again? Someone put it in spoilers or something please (planning to play Nocturne, don't want to gently caress it up)

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

When playing as Mitsuru, you will only be able to cast Tentarafoo, Mind Charge and Spirit Drain.

All of your attack buttons will instead cast Marin Karin (it will miss though)

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

It was mentioned in the Mayonaka thread that Akihiko's scar is from the beginning of Persona 3 when he was attacked by a Shadow.

Yeah, I remember he mentioned that it broke a bunch of ribs, specifically.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Her persona's abilities were kind of garbage though, especially compared to everyone else.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Naoto was like my favorite character from P4 tied with Chie and Adachi. My only problem with Naoto isn't even really a problem with her, it's more of with how everyone else must constantly remind us that she is a girl. You'd think after the dungeon that this was a factor in we would've realized this but nope, Yosuke, Yukiko and several other characters must constantly bring this up as if the player is dumb.

Mind you, she's not that useful outside of random battles but she is the loving queen of them.

I imagine it's not so much to remind the player of it over and over but rather the dev's decision to bang on and on about it like they do with Kanji's sexuality or Rise's stardom.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Morpheus posted:

Actually Kanji's sexuality was very well done. It's Yosuke's immaturity that was hammered into your face repeatedly.

This is true, they hammered it in via Yosuke. Frankly it made me drop Yosuke altogether and bring Kanji into my battle team.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

vilkacis posted:

Alternately a renegade interrupt style "punch Yosuke" button. I really wanted one during the whole "let's sign the girls up for a beauty pageant against their will :iamafag:" part.

Then he has the nerve to get angry when the girls sign him up for the cross-dressing one in return.

I was with my bro Kanji on that one - suck it up Yosuke :dealwithit:

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'd recommend DDS in all honesty, the mantra system is great, really fun gameplay, it's like the only MegaTen game where team attacks aren't ridiculously overpowered, is borrows the turn press system from Nocturne, has quite a good amount of side boss battles that are tough And one of the toughest bosses in JRPGs, and has a pretty great story. That's not to say it's without its flaws: you will be grinding for points to power up your mantras to get new abilities, you can never really get rid of your characters' weaknesses, there's the same bit of fake difficulty you will find in any other MegaTen game, and the dungeon design in the first game is bad, half of the dungeons are decent, but for every good dungeon you get a sewer dungeon, then comes the end game which has one of the worst dungeons ever to darken the corner of JRPGs. DDS2 is a lot better about navigation, but it still has a pretty dumb final dungeon.

Thanks for this post. I recently started DDS and I wasn't really into it at first but I'm getting the hang of it a little better by now. The encounter rate is so high in the game though which makes exploring really tedious. I just recently got Gale in my party and the Before I Play thing said to stick with him and Argilla (I really hate Gale every time he opens his dumb Spock mouth though so I'm thinking of swapping him out, I dunno).

One thing I noticed is that Hama and Mudo spells seem to work a lot. Mudo a bit less so since it's instant death, but Hama and Mahama cut enemy health in half and hits so god drat much. Hama is arguably the better spell too, since Mudo is an instant kill while Hama leaves them weakened and easier to consume (not only because you cut half of their health off each time, but now you automatically know exactly how much health they have left).

My biggest complaint though is how it just seems to drag on and on without anything actually happening. This is probably the fault of the high encounter rate though. Also I loved Nocturne's demon recruitment and demon fusion (especially when I figured out that I don't have to pump macca / items into demons during full kagutsuchi) and I kind of miss that here.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Radish posted:

"person remaking the world by destroying it"

I can't remember who was trying to do it. Certainly not Strega. Ikutski? or Kirijo?

Several people were trying to do the latter half of that statement, but I can't recall any plans outside of the "destroy it" part.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Pierce posted:

Yep, played P3P 2x and P4G is preordered. I'll grab DDS 1 and Nocturne.

I am pumped about Nocturne. I've heard SJ was somewhat similar and looking forward to a challenge.

Nocturne is pretty good, it's got the demon fusing stuff except instead of you switching between skill sets and picking static party members, your party members simply are the demons and it owns a lot. Just make sure you watch your weaknesses and resistances. Exploiting weaknesses is just as big a deal in Nocturne as it was in Persona, but having your weaknesses exploited hurts so much more in this game (and resisting the enemy's attacks helps you so much more).

spoiler alert buffs and debuffs break the game and fog breath specifically is like the best spell in the game

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 22, 2012

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Captain Failcon posted:

You know, I gotta say that I started with Persona 4 as my first SMT game but ended up liking Persona 3 a lot better. Persona 4 is a solid game and all and definitely improves over Persona 3's gameplay quite a bit, but P4 was riddled with so much over the top pandering and insanely large plot holes that led me to believe P4 was a parody before I knew what I was getting into

First half of P4 > P3 > Last half of P4

The thing left so many concepts half-explored, like people's addiction to the TV and the media (and they had tons of time to explore it through Nanako alone). Also some people suspect that the original killer was going to be Dojima, which would have been cool because not only does he fit all the same criteria that Adachi does, but it would also make the scenes in the hospital more poignant (since it's all his fault Namatame did this stuff it the first place), as well as would have played better into the whole "people live in fog to ignore the truth they don't want to see" angle (since this is a truth that YOU don't want to see).

Also the way they handled the true final boss stuff was really dumb and unnecessary and I hope that P4G takes those now-playable months after Amano Sagiri and uses them to lead into Izanami in a way that's a little less abrupt (and a little more sensible).

edit: the thing I liked most about P4 was the theme of "facing the side of you that you don't want to admit", which plays into its bigger theme of "ignoring the truth you don't want to see", and the parts where your dudes face their shadows is great. That's only like half the dungeons, though, and the other half of them are pretty bad. Well, I kind of dig magatsu inaba but still that's only 5/8 - the game definitely loads the best content right up at the front.

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 23, 2012

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

If you're going to use spoiler tags, be a bit more judicious. Why spoiler tag the identity of the killer, but not Izanami?

Because who the heck is that before she shows up out of nowhere? It tells you nothing.

edit: spoilered the scooby doo reveal just in case anyway

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 23, 2012

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Also to the people talking about the original idea for the killer's identity for P4: No, no, no, no. That was so loving stupid. SO loving stupid. It would have pretty much ruined the game. These words you keep saying, they are nonsense. The killer they stuck with was just fine (if not awesome).

The killer they switched to was also "so loving stupid". Do you have anything to add to this other than "It's bad an I don't like it"? As it is now, there's no real impact behind the reveal. Going with their original choice, a whole bunch of stuff would have been more impactful. Adachi actually being the dumb sidekick leaking info, and Dojima's "SHUT UP ADACHI" actually being related to the cover-up. Pretty much every scene in the hospital being a result of his own hubris. The fact that he constantly suspects you of being involved with the murders after like half a year of No Murders would mean something. The real villain actually being important to the plot rather than having Scrappy Doo be the man behind the mask. I mean yeah, you'd have to rewrite all the dumb "THAT BITCH" segments after the reveal, but so what?

Basically, they got it right the first time but it made people upset. Abloo bloo.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

(P4 and a little bit of P3)It just doesn't fit his character at all, it would be extraordinary mood whiplash paramount to a complete rewrite of his character that would be hilariously out of place with how sudden it would be. I would have equated it to how awful and mind bogglingly dumb the reveal for one of the main villains in P3 was, a "Oh poo poo we need a villain uuuuuuh this guy!" The only, and I mean only way, that having Dojima as the killer would work would be if they completely rewrote him from the beginning to make it fit. Stuff like the Heirophant Link would have to go, for example.

Could Adachi's motivations been explained a bit better? Perhaps (and it's definitely a big reason I'm looking foard to The Golden), but at the end of the day nothing about his reveal was incongruous with his actions or mannerisms. And besides, the guy just loving went with it. Who knew Johnny Yong Bosch had it in him? Besides maybe Kanji or the MC, Adachi was by far the most entertaining part of P4 for me.

Thing is, they DID write him that way from the beginning. You might have to rewrite some of the Heirophant link stuff, but remember that Nanako being kidnapped was never the plan in the first place.

I'm not seriously advocating that they just slap Dojima into the post-reveal Adachi dialogue and call it a day. They'd have to rewrite it to make it fit (or rather, NOT rewrite it so it's Adachi's fault instead). Instead of creepy sudden "THAT BITCH" Adachi, we'd have a bitter Dojima. Or something. Maybe he's bitter about his dead wife? That was a running thing with his S-Link too. The exact reasons are a pointless road to go down because we don't know how they wrote it originally, but the fact that it made people incredibly emotional about it means they did their job right the first time.

By changing their ending to an emotionally weaker one because the original made people sad, they committed an act of artistic cowardice. In a game where the running theme is facing uncomfortable truths, that's almost poetry.

edit: besides, if it's that upsetting the player could always go for the bad ending, where the world stays covered in fog. That would be fitting too.

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 23, 2012

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

(Bearsona 4)
That's kind of what I thought you were getting at :shobon: Also to me, having Dojima as the killer would have also implied that he was OK with having Nanako getting kidnapped and subsequently killed since that was the case with Adachi by proxy (not sure why it wouldn't be "part of the plan", the killer's whole MO was keeping tabs on the kidnappings so Adachi/Dojima would've been able to do something about that if they so chose). Which would have been completely nonsensical. If we're going far enough back to rewrite that sort of stuff, of course anything is game. I just can't look at the character of Dojima, from start to end as he currently exists, and see a space for such a reveal to be and not have it seem like an rear end pull.

Nobody knows who the current victim is until after they're inside the TV. Not even the real killer. The fact that the next victim turns out to be Nanako isn't revealed until the night of the kidnapping. Not sure why Namatame knew though, I think they mentioned something about it being harder to see people who are close to you. So yeah, it definitely wouldn't be part of the plan and the too-late reveal of Nanako being the next victim would be like mega "Oh my god what have I done" stuff.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

It's possible, but the impression from Adachi at least seemed that he knew everything that was going down at all times (hence why he kept trying to sabotage the teams' efforts), and would've been aware thanks to Nanako appearing on TV once before. But I concede that this could be fairly easily rewritten.

He knew what was going on because he was involved in the case. He never tried to sabotage your efforts at all - if anything, Dojima is more suspicious because he keeps trying to figure out if you're "up to anything", making sure that you're not getting involved with any cases or weird stuff, even long after the weird stuff was over.

I don't see why Adachi/Dojima would be aware of Nanako being on the midnight channel any quicker than MC. It's purposely hazy (although again, for some reason Namatame could figure it out). In fact if it weren't for the fact that Adachi picked up the phone when Namatame called, he wouldn't know about the midnight channel at all.

Cityinthesea posted:

One other thing about this theory: (Persona 4) Adachi and Yu both got their power after entering the town, and I think Namatame as well, so Dojima doesn't make sense from that regard. Honestly, I could've seen the culprit being Yosuke because he's the only other person you know that comes into town from another city.

This is true, but I imagine they had that covered in their original script.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

What? At the very least, he created a scenario in which Rise could easily be kidnapped by targeting the stalker.

Didn't the investigation team see him first and then chase after him? Saying he could be the killer?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

That doesn't make any sense. He's a police officer. It's part of his job to make sure that untrained civilians, especially minors, aren't interfering in an official police investigation.

Not to mention that it would lead to an extremely awkward and uncomfortable conversation with Yu's parents if something were to happen to him because Dojima didn't try to stop him from getting involved. "So hey, your son decided to play amateur vigilante detective, tried to catch a serial killer, and wound up dead because I was too negligent as both his uncle and a police officer to stop him. My bad."

There is no reason to believe that he's involved in the case in the first place, and each month that passes uneventfully makes his suspicions even more ridiculous.

Whether it's Yukiko taking you to the textile shop her mom uses, or you going to go see an idol, you are doing absolutely nothing suspicious but he just has to keep... prying... hoping you'll slip up and reveal something or whatever. At no point do you involve yourself with the case at all outside of the TV stuff he (apparently) knows nothing about.

edit: and of course this suspicion enters the realm of the insane if you do his social link

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 23, 2012

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Dehry posted:

It's fine by me. My PS2 copy of Persona 4 just arrived in the mail. :20bux: and no need to buy a new console. Also, you already know there's gong to be a Persona 4 Platinum edition for PS3/Xbox360 soon enough.

tell me about this or are you making it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

The Black Stones posted:

I guess the ADR directors haven't been reading, I dunno, THE ENTIRE INTERNET? Every single time I see it brought up it's been said having him do both is a dumb idea and it is. The only reason I could possibly see that they think he has to do both is because Persona 4:Arena established him as Yu's voice too, but I don't think anybody would give 2 shits about it unless they really, really love JYB.

Well to be fair, Persona 4 Original established them as having the same voice. That said, now that he's actually got lines it's kind of a bad idea. Since Yu didn't have any in the game besides the Persona calls, you don't really notice it.

In Persona 3, Yuri Lowenthal voices Pharos, Ryoji, and MC. Ryoji and Pharos make sense, but they figured they'd recycle him for MC because hey, why not.