Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
If anyone who wants to claim Nocturne's difficulty is understated could please answer the following questions I'd be appreciative:

1) Did you do your first runthrough on normal?
2) Did you use a FAQ?
3) Do you have to hurt yourself to feel joy?

I play just about everything and Nocturne on Hard is the only game that has ever made me throw a controller, it's not technically difficult in that anyone can finish it with enough willpower but the random cruelty that game is willing to dish out to you is seriously messed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Armor-Piercing posted:

Except this game is being developed by a company and specific team that has already made a well-received fighting game series.

Which fighting game series would that be

HNK is as busted as it is wonderful and vice versa

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

Regardless of your actual opinion on the games (I mean, you have a BB avatar), both Guilty Gear and Blazblue have indeed been 'well-received'.

I spent years playing arcade GG and anyone will tell you that it's one of the best 2D fighters, unfortunately it was designed by the people who worked at ASW 10+ years ago whereas BB's made by the guys working for them now and if you think BB has been "well-received" you and I understand that term very differently

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

I love Kanji's 720 at the very end of that last video, dude throws you off the top of the screen and takes this opportunity to strike a pose while his Persona belts you for him. Don't mind me guys, just gonna take this moment to appreciate what a badass I am :madmax:

All of the characters in the FG in general seem to have their badass factor amped up since the RPG, impossible to tell whether the game is going to be any good but it sure does look good visually!

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

^--oh god dammit

Law posted:

I just got Nocturne and I figured I'd better ask before I get too far in, am I going to get screwed over if I focus on magic for my main character? Are there any good general guidelines for stats?

If you're a minmax monster and/or want to beat all of the optional content you should crank Strength, learn physical attacks and never ever drop Focus. If you just want to scrape through the storyline there's nothing wrong with Magic, you can get through most of this game even on Hard Mode with nothing more than Tornado/Fog Breath/War Cry.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

I guess Akihiko really likes BB because goddamn if he's not looking kinda Bang

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Justice posted:

Chie's pose is amazingly unnatural. Guess they're trying to make her appear more feminine by doing the horrible Liefeld-esque "hips forward, slinky spine" thing.

You're more likely right but I choose to believe that it's a JoJo homage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Katsudon posted:

Also those drinks are super old news. Like, probably at least 5 months old news. I remember a friend trying to do some translations of the ingredients; Yukiko's sounded absolutely delicious and I think Kanji's was supposed to be some kind of kahlua-like concoction.

Do you have any of these still lying around? I tried to figure out Yukiko's but my Google Translate-fu is insufficient :(