Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

DrPaper posted:

In all honesty, I almost feel as if that's the lesser of two evils. Games you can import and play on consoles that aren't region locked are better than no games at all. I feel Sega is a pretty good pick, if they'll bring over poo poo like Project Diva if it sells well, why wouldn't they bring over Atlus stuff?

Ah yes, the lesser of two evils being years of learning Japanese just to play SMT games, I hear ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

DrPaper posted:

Considering the two biggest bidders where Sega and a bank interested in breaking into the cell phone game market, would you rather learn Japanese, or learn Japanese and need a Japanese cellphone to play on?

The bank would have sold Atlus separately to make a bit of money on top, seeing as SMT isn't quite what people would call a big seller on the cell market.

Edit: Though that is wild speculation on my side. I thought you were on about Sega vs. Nintendo.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 18, 2013

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

kirbysuperstar posted:

Isn't Soul Hackers meant to come out this week?

:confuoot:

20th of September, Amazon sent the pre-orders on their way a couple if hours ago.

The ultimate opportunity to play this in readable form. :confuoot:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

W.T. Fits posted:

They stopped localizing Phantasy Star and Yakuza for Western audiences because they weren't making the money they wanted off of them. Also, they kinda killed Valkyria Chronicles in its infancy by having the second game come out on a platform that was pretty much dead in the West at the time instead of keeping it on the PS3.

Yakuza is a niche as gently caress game in other markets, so that's understandable, while developing games for a handheld that flourished in Japan is par for the course and the PS3 continues to do comparatively terrible in its homeland.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nah, I had it freeze once on an Agi spell animation from Nemissa in my EU version. But couldn't reproduce it beyond that one accidental time.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Alabaster White posted:

If I were a high enough level to fuse Helel I probably wouldn't be having this problem in the first place :v:
I did totally forget that fusion skills existed, though. Are any particularly useful (besides Armageddon, obviously)?

The first one you get with Orpheus and Apsaras is very good (50% HP recovery and Masukukaja) for the beginning parts of the game.

Thor and Take Mikazuchi can kinda reproduce Odin's Thunder Reign with a lower chance of shock if you've been too lazy to get him. The rest (aside from Armageddon) is not all that great.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Forte posted:

Usually when Japanese dev's say winter they mean Q1.

If the trailer is anything to judge by, Persona 5 will see release in December next year because it's barely half-finished.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yup, it's why I'm going to get a PS3 soon (though having it play Blurays is also an argument).

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dance all night is a Vita game.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Devil Survivor 1, 2 and Strange Journey work perfectly fine on European 3DS handhelds, though (except the former two 3DS ports of course)?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

kirbysuperstar posted:

There are a couple that are, namely DSi enhanced ones. Solatorobo EU was locked, IIRC. But generally yeah.

A region-lock that does not trigger on Phat and lite DS handhelds. :v:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The_Frag_Man posted:

Is there any sign of SMT 4 coming out in the EU yet?

Turns out that Atlus still has the publishing rights for it in Europe.

We might be boned.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The SMTIV way of never releasing the game despite having found a publisher is infinitely worse. Also no one will be missing the boring as hell Persona brawlers.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

kirbysuperstar posted:

So a gussied up port of Soul Hackers gets a physical release but SMT4 doesn't. I.. kinda don't know if I want to bother at this point. I probably will, but...man, any excitement I had is loooong dead.

I think it's down to the publisher not being NISA, since they are going with a physical version of Persona Q in Europe again.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Policenaut posted:

Look on the bright side, Persona 5 is on region free platforms so you could just import it!

Watch as Atlus is going to make a terrible excuse to help increase sales in Europe and region-lock it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They aren't advertising it because there's no game at all as of yet, only a trailer.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hell, I might just do that on Thursday.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

If only that came to pass...

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

neongrey posted:

Literally every series entry did this. P4 basically came out of nowhere.

Index wasn't already keeling over during its development though, and P4 wasn't in development hell for several years.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I thought we were already past bad opinion page by at least 200 posts, but no.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Manatee Cannon posted:

They probably made the decision to move to PS4 a long time ago and just never mentioned it until the game was close to complete.

You're in for disappointment if you're expecting more than minor differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions.

I'm fairly certain the decision was made after the Sega takeover and it'll be an uprezzed version of the (probably really lovely) PS3 game.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

projecthalaxy posted:

How do you figure it'll be bad? 3 and 4 were both good, I see no reason to believe this will stray far from that tree.

It's been in development hell for years, which is usually a dead giveaway.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

weird bleep posted:

I wouldn't recommend getting the PS2 classic versions of the Persona games from the European store. They run at 50hz instead of 60hz, which makes already long games take even longer. I think only Nocturne, aka LUCIFER'S CALL and DDS2 have a 60hz option out of the PAL PS2 games.

If Ghostlight hurries up we might even see a bugged to poo poo PSN release sometime in 2018.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Machine posted:

Why the hell isn't SMT1 on Android yet?

Because, much like Europe, there be dragons.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Owners of a cart can download a patch, the eshop version is already up to date and does not have the bugs anymore.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I can't believe SMTxFE is not only alive, but somehow looking like a Persona game for Nintendo consoles.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

She's bland up to and including DAN, so the worst girl.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So we've moved from bad opinions to bad fancomics now.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sounds promising to me.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Cake Attack posted:

glasses are good

glasses are bad

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

littleorv posted:

Glasses irl also own

They are worse irl

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Junpei Hyde posted:

A lot o' bloody yanks ITT

You lot need to fix your shite opinions. Start with a plate of bangers and mash, then some fish wrapped in yesterday's newspaper.

Finally, finish with the britishest of all foods, a chicken tikka masala.

Seriously though it's football. American Football is rugby but for babies.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Amppelix posted:

Speaking of EU releases, would you look at that: https://twitter.com/ghostlightgames/status/596651913564794880

Lucifer's Call is coming to EU PSN out of loving nowhere.

Hmm, I was waiting for this.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It'll be an uprezzed PS3 port.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Okay, I'm feeling it!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

For those wondering the prices its 49.99 regular, 79.99 for the LE.

That's a lot of money for a reskinned Vocaloid game.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

epitasis posted:

how do I tell what vita model I have. the persona skin says it's for the newer models

When did you buy your Vita? Was it new or used?

Really Pants posted:

shocking news today as goons reveal their dislike of outgoing girly girls who flirt with boys and get drunk at party clubs

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

epitasis posted:

new, like two years ago. the walking dead bundle I think

Then it's the older model with an OLED-screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Level Slide posted:

The final dungeon in DDS1 is some rough stuff. Is there anything like that in 2?

The second half of DDS2 is a final dungeon.