Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Saw the thread title, the low reply count, and thought: "Oh, some poor sap bought a bone stock V40 and ventured into SA. Better give him a pity click."

Was pleasantly surprised.

What do you do when you need parts for a beast like that? Is it road legal? Insurable? What year is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Awesome!

PORTALS
6PORTAL
NOTAMOG
MEATBLS
6X6BRIK
IKEA6X6

Sounds really interesting with those swedish blokes taking over support for everything. I'm danish, if you need anything swedish translated, I'll give it a shot.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

awesome-express posted:

My Dad just sold his WJ Jeep and bought a V40 diesel wagon, what's wrong with them?

Oh, probably nothing, it was just the least interesting Volvo I could come up with at 6 am. My Dad is on his fifth Volvo, coincidentally, and over all it's my impression that they're good cars, both before and after Ford got involved.

But back on track. Sounds like a good idea with smaller wheels for working on it, there should be quite a few inches to be had there, that's for sure.

Do you have any specs as to what it'll theoretically do? Approach angle, max climb angle, max sideways sloping angle etc.?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I just can't get over how little distance there is between the two rear wheel (on the same side.) I hold an M.Sc. in Engineering, so logically I can see that there's no way anything would get wedged in there, and if it did it would pop out immediately due to the rotation. It just still looks off to me. v:shobon:v

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Will you two please recreate so Opel Lady can be the coolest soccer mom in recorded history?

• Locked thread