Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?
Is this where we coordinate donating to change Locke's name to Otacon? Because it should be. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

iastudent posted:

More like 3 and a half hours, and there's other runners before/after/in between him so there's that.

He'll certainly be on the couch during romscout's run, and maybe during startropics since he's running the second one.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Mr. Bing posted:

Is this where we coordinate donating to change Locke's name to Otacon? Because it should be. :colbert:

Donate to change it to Luncke.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jmans a good runner and Startropics rules so I don't see what the issue is.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Alteisen posted:

Doesn't matter how good a runner he is if he treats his own mother like poo poo.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Is this being held in someone's mom's basement? What's up with that couch? :barf:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Is this being held in someone's mom's basement? What's up with that couch? :barf:

Is it Essentia's house? That's where they held last year's SGDQ.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Is it a bit laggy and skipping slightly for anyone else?

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Crotch Bat posted:

Is it a bit laggy and skipping slightly for anyone else?

It is totally down for me at this instant.

EDIT: And now it is back.

Serenade fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 24, 2012

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Serenade posted:

It is totally down for me at this instant.

They ran into a problem and had to restart.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

MrLonghair posted:

Don't worry, everybody's favourite http://www.twitch.tv/trihex will wrap up his own marathon week today with plenty of language and substances.
Hell yes, shirtless room tidying montage! :parrot:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Darkwing had a good ST run. I didn't catch all of it but it seems like he didn't have as much trouble as last time.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If you guys want a goon-only IRC chat for chatting with the stream:

irc://irc.synirc.net/retrochat

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Ineffiable posted:

If you guys want a goon-only IRC chat for chatting with the stream:

irc://irc.synirc.net/retrochat

Looks like I'm going to be in 5 different channels for this. Not that I'll be talking in all of them. I just like to watch the comments go by.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

English isn't my first language and it bothers me how "The Eye Tee" sounds like The Yeti, for the longest time during the last marathon I honestly thought that was the name of the site.

Edit: Cactus Dance was amazing

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Alteisen posted:

His runs were pretty boring to watch last AGDQ than most of the other ones, and his melodramatics during the ending sequence was just embarrassing.

Lord Chumley posted:

Doesn't matter how good a runner he is if he treats his own mother like poo poo.

Can I get a backstory on this?

Deki fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 24, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ahahahahaha they read my comment yesssssss

That comment being:

quote:

Just want to say you're doing amazing work, I know many people who suffer from autism and I'm glad you guys are supporting the cause. Also want to give a shoutout to my BFF momma_slappz who is no doubt watching right now. Just do it momma!

The room got dead silent for a good like 10 or 15 seconds it ruled

edit: mods rename me momma_slappz

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 24, 2012

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
Oh God I am all over that "80s music during FF8 cutscenes" challenge.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Deki posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXy_X4QqjM

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Deki posted:

something happened months ago and goons have been bitching about it in a video game thread ever since, hth

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

HoldYourFire posted:

Oh God I am all over that "80s music during FF8 cutscenes" challenge.

Seriously, I'm not kidding here. We need to club together on this. Practically every song on this list should be played:

http://rb101182.hubpages.com/hub/Top-100-Songs-of-the-80s

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm not going to be able to watch Portal 1 or Kirbys. :sigh:

Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode
Do they post the SGDQ videos after the stream, or is it just live? There's a few I'd really like to watch that I won't be around for.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Jakuvious posted:

Do they post the SGDQ videos after the stream, or is it just live? There's a few I'd really like to watch that I won't be around for.

They've actually archived videos from every marathon so far except the impromptu Japan Relief Done Quick. The links end up on archive.org and also linked to the marathon schedule page itself, but you'll have to wait awhile due to all the post-production work that has to be done to make them watchable.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

They've actually archived videos from every marathon so far except the impromptu Japan Relief Done Quick. The links end up on archive.org and also linked to the marathon schedule page itself, but you'll have to wait awhile due to all the post-production work that has to be done to make them watchable.

Or you can just watch them on the Twitch.tv page. :v:

(Warning: It involves a bit of digging since they're not separated by game, but it's an option if you absolutely, positively cannot wait for them to encode/upload a given run).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

absolutely anything posted:

ahahahahaha they read my comment yesssssss

That comment being:

The room got dead silent for a good like 10 or 15 seconds it ruled

edit: mods rename me momma_slappz

How astoundingly mature of you. Nice job bro, you sure showed that guy. :thumbsup:

Hyun.
May 8, 2008
What is the 'all weapons' vs 'all bosses' bidding war for? Or is that even a thing?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Alteisen posted:

How astoundingly mature of you. Nice job bro, you sure showed that guy. :thumbsup:

Thank god, I'm glad I have the approval of Forums Badposter Alteisen.

But honestly, jman is a bad runner (most of his "runs" are lovely let's plays, seriously compare the Kirby's Adventure run romscout just finished where he did cool tricks and actually explained poo poo about the game to the Dreamland 3 run jman's doing right now where he's just playing through the game and making dumb jokes/wacky observations) and he's also a bad person, he deserves whatever poo poo he gets regardless of how mature it is/I am. Don't get so worked up!

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Yeah, I thought the whole point was to keep that kind of dumb bullshit out of a charity marathon. Everyone knows JMan is a shithead, it's not exciting news.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I watched the end of the last marathon and didn't see JMan have a meltdown at all. Did I watch the wrong thing or was that not recorded?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

But honestly, jman is a bad runner (most of his "runs" are lovely let's plays, seriously compare the Kirby's Adventure run romscout just finished where he did cool tricks and actually explained poo poo about the game to the Dreamland 3 run jman's doing right now where he's just playing through the game and making dumb jokes/wacky observations) and he's also a bad person, he deserves whatever poo poo he gets regardless of how mature it is/I am. Don't get so worked up!

What was the reference anyway? Seriously, this is the internet. Let's not get too upset about making fun of strangers. SGDQ is really awkward looking. It's nice that they are raising money for a good thing though.

brap fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 25, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Don't really think a charity stream is the place to air that kind of poo poo, you don't know him in any capacity, whatever he did is on him and his own conscience to deal with it.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Zeether posted:

I watched the end of the last marathon and didn't see JMan have a meltdown at all. Did I watch the wrong thing or was that not recorded?

It was recorded (mixed in with some momslapping and hatemail to SA members).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIG7E5N3YD8

Full breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekRl8XbpShc

Grawl fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 25, 2012

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's sad and unprofessional but I gotta admit it's kind of funny.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

I wonder if this guy got all those icons with his free AOL CD.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Grawl posted:

I wonder if this guy got all those icons with his free AOL CD.

Anri-Chan :raise:

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Pretty sure that is the video encoder that SDA suggests you use when submitting runs.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I have no idea why it's called Anri-Chan, but that's their video encoder.

EDIT ^^ THAT's the word I was thinking of.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I wish I had a speedrun encoding anime wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
This Portal run is pretty impressive, but I hate how people are just talking straight through the guy when he's actually explaining what he's doing.

edit: great run. First interesting run so far.

Grawl fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 25, 2012

• Locked thread