Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

iastudent posted:

Trihex going for another Yoshi's Island 100%.

http://www.justin.tv/trihex

This man is an artisan, what a perfect game to speed run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This guy really hates his life right now.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

My god that SS2 run is amazing, he's just barreling through the game and has it down to near perfection. Also :lol: when SHODAN asks "Why are you going so slowly? Do you think this is a game?"

Watching this is making me want to play this game again, what great ambiance.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So Sig buckled and made too many mistakes around 100 stars and completely forgot about a star in Snowmans' Land. Run over.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

skyliner posted:

Sig's last run was a 1:48:32. He's getting close to Nero's WR of 1:48:27!

Sig's starting up again, I think, the timer is 24~ minutes in so I guess he's starting another 12 hour run?

http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic

edit: Sig is starting and he has a picture-in-picture going of is previous run so you can watch both and see if he trails behind. loving awesome.

sigher fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 19, 2011

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sig just finished a run finally... in 1:49:09. With a 10 minute break he's back into it, what a beast.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Dos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zOvwmhNb_I

What on earth did they do to Mario World?

Honestly, what the gently caress is going on here?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I don't even know how you begin to figure that out. :psyduck:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What does MST and RBA mean in regards to running OoT?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kyrosiris posted:

MST stands for "Medallions, Stones, and Trials", the main category that Cosmo runs. Basically, you have to enter the blue warp for all of the dungeons and complete all six trials at Ganon's Castle, then finish the game.

RBA stands for "Reverse Bottle Adventure", a ridiculously complex memory-editing trick that allows for all sorts of shenanigans. This page at ZeldaSpeedRuns has way more info than you'd ever need unless you're trying it yourself.

Jesus that's intense, but pretty amazing that someone figured this all out.

Did Siglemic's commentated run ever get posted anywhere?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm upset I missed the Trihex run. :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Brett824 posted:

related:

http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic

Siglemic decided he's gonna practice/speedrun/play SM64 for 24 hours starting right now.

I love watching Sig run but god drat the people in this chat are some of the most annoying denizens of the internet, I can't stand it. I think it gets to me because it's live.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God drat that was a fun watch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I know this probably isn't the place, but can anyone explain the stupid rear end faces people use in the chat? Or is there a page on it somewhere on Twitch?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sig won by 2:09

70 star race coming up

God drat this is bananas, I thought it was over. This is going to be good since Sig's been practicing the poo poo out of 70 star runs.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wikiman posted:

Chiming in to say that Funkdoc is an amazingly chill streamer and makes everything interesting to watch.
Subscribed fo' sho'.

He's also really helpful with answering questions about games on the Stream, though a lot of people in his chat are dumb. But that seems to be how it goes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Brett824 posted:

Siglemic used to have a ton of mods but he settled on having fewer because he was sick of getting messages from people asking to be unbanned. Also because he likes the trolling for the most part.

And he likes the money all of those viewers bring.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Because the trolls that can't chat won't stick around to watch if they can't flood the chatbox. And I think Sig even said it himself he keeps the trolls around for the additional revenue.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You're just trying to impress me. :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Your avatar is appropriate, and Sig's probably livid.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Because the record beat what Sig was even targeting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's Trihex's thing and the viewers seem to love it. I think it's pretty cool but at times I wish he'd stop loving around and just do tricks where need be.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Former Human posted:

The backlog at SDA right now averages seven months. There are a lot of records that are beaten by the same runner before their first run is ever posted.

http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/board/speedrun_verification.html

Someone should make a competitive site that actually loving updates quickly. 7 months? What's the point? Though, there's a certain irony to the whole thing that I love.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Crotch Bat posted:

It really never gets old.

Also if I'm reading chat right sig just got 49:32 on the 70 star run. :toot:

It was old when it started, and no he didn't.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

absolutely anything posted:

So ultrajman got the poo poo slapped out of him by his mom on his stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXy_X4QqjM

Holy poo poo, this is hilarious. I assume he's "Megaultrajman" on Twitch? Time to post the link!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

furry drum circle posted:

The tentative schedule to Summer Games Done Quick (May 24-28) has been posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alb3Dj0u13H7dC0zVGlkcFNTZnI5RUJpM19Vdy1QckE#gid=0

I can't wait for people to donate during UltraJMan's run and ask about him getting the poo poo beat out of him on stream. By his mother.

Maybe he should just bring her. I'm a terrible person.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really really want Cosmo or ZFG to personally demonstrate just how badly OoT has been broken to Miyamoto and Aonuma. I'd love to know their thoughts on it.

They wouldn't understand it and I can just imagine them laughing because they know that's not supposed to happen, but wouldn't understand since neither are programmers.

.TakaM posted:

Having your game still hold together in spite of sequence breaks is something to be proud of I think.

Except in Retro's case they fixed Prime 1 several times over in various rereleases for the sole purpose of stopping sequence breaking. :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Worst Muslim posted:

I'm looking for speedruns where they absolutely break the poo poo out of the game. Stuff like the Super Mario Brothers Game Boy speed-run I watched a while back where the guy literally fell into the games code.

Is there a link to this run?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vlad Antlerkov posted:

Yep: http://tasvideos.org/1886M.html

I think I've seen this one, but god drat what the hell happened.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's like the nutty episode of Reboot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Because he uses a lot of frame perfect tricks, scripts and luck manipulation I suppose. Still a great run and really interesting to watch a listen. My favorites run from AGDQ had really great commentary, OoT/RE4/HL which let people know how the game and the tricks worked and why they were making use of them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's a straight up threat, I'd have to police bug the dude for it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OmegaZultan posted:

Don't forget that one time he molested a girl while she was sleeping or the two underage girls(that I know of, there might be more) that he's dated.

You're loving kidding me, isn't this the same dude who got emotional on stream during one of the donation runs about "never fitting in, but everyone here at SDA is so nice" like a total anti-social creep?

Definitely going to troll this dude during the next marathon.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OmegaZultan posted:

As for the molestation, at some point he was crushing and was in good tidings with some girl who was actually his own goddamn age and they slept in the same bed together and he tried to finger her while she slept and then backpedaled to us and was all like: "GUYS WE WERE SLEEPING AND MY HAND SOMEHOW WOUND UP IN HER PANTIES BY ACCIDENT HOW TO I MAKE HER UNDERSTAND I'M NOT IN THE WRONG CAUSE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT."

loving :lol:, what a god drat creeper. How does he even get invited to ADGQ?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What did he run again this year?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ChibiSoma posted:

His mouth, I believe.

:golfclap:

Vakal posted:

If you want to a watch a run that was ruined by Jman, watch the ShadowWraith's Unreal run from this year's AGDQ.

Thankfully, it looked like he got bored and left when Peaches ran System Shock 2 next.

I guess I'll have to give this a watch when I wake up, I don't get this guy at all.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

absolutely anything posted:

Oh yeah I forgot he was a sad person more than once. Well anyway, ask and ye shall recieve (as long as I have free time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekRl8XbpShc

Also I am enjoying N64-a-thon, perfect thing to glance over to when there's a lull in work (I really want that Hori pad).

A minute into it and it's the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Why the hell do the Japanese include the credits are part of the run?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Man I hate runs of turn-based RPGs, if the cards aren't played in your favor that's it for you. 2 hours in and Cyg is hosed due to luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Violently Car posted:

Having said that, how anyone can stand to speed run a RPG is well beyond me. SO much is beyond your control that it would drive me insane.

Yeah, not to take away from the runners but most of it seems to really be out of the player's control.

• Locked thread