Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alteisen posted:

I honestly find the entire game boring at this point.

If speedrunning was its own little universe, Super Metroid would be its sun.

A universe with only one sun? :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Man this is hard to follow, or something's missing here that I'm not getting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo, so not only did they call the cops on him, they threatened them through the stream? What the gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alteisen posted:

I'd hardly call someone donating a dollar with the name F the police a threat, just a joke in poor taste.

I'm talking about when Caleb pulls up the dude's stream and he talks about shooting an officer or something.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This thread got deep quick; cop raids, adultery and people faking WRs. :smith:

At least there was no Ultra J Man sobbing! :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I just caught up with this thread and I can't stop laughing, does Tolki run games during the marathons or is she just there supporting her husband? I don't ever recall that name so I assume she's not a "big name" in the community.

SGDQ: Speedrunning a train on Tolki

fake edit: SGDQ: Always getting sloppy seconds

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Neither of them speedrun at all but they have (had) friends in the twitch community so they went to SGDQ to hang out. They gained a name for themselves on twitch for their ridiculously long gaming marathons, most notably playing Pokemon X/Y for 720 straight hours. Yes, seven hundred and twenty hours of G rated strictly monitored fun.

They took turns right? Oh god what the gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Well yeah it'd derail the train pretty quickly if everyone jumped on her at once

Sequence break... of the heart.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there a site with all of the GDQ schedules and links to videos of the runs? I remember them being made while the marathons are going on but I can't seem to find any lists.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MooCowlian posted:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=games%20done%20quick

They're all on archive.org, although it's not all brilliant labelled. For everything for the past few, search google for the reddit vods threads if you'd prefer. I don't know if/how well they survived the audiopocalypse and rounds of deleting broadcasts, but they're there.

Thank you good sir!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo this dude is going to speed run all 2 hours of Vanquish with one hand.... :stare:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Studio posted:

Halfcoordinated is loving awesome. From his Twitch page:

Q: Why is your username "halfcoordinated"? / Why are you holding the controller like that?

A: I have a physical disability called hemiparesis that lowers coordination and feeling in my right side. While I'm not really deformed, this does affect my daily life and I play a majority of games better one-handed rather than with two; this includes all games I speedrun. Also, I like the way it looks (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) (NOTE: Do not feel bad if you asked about this or assumed some other reason! If I was really sensitive about my disability I wouldn't have a handcam in the first place)

What in the gently caress, so this isn't even a challenge for him, he's BETTER at gaming with one hand? Mind loving blown, followin' thing guy like a motherfucker.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This should be the opening run, it was awesome. Start out with a bang.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mr E posted:

Well since you're here I just wanted to let you know you're insane and very entertaining. You and peaches_ should get together and have a two player two hands run of something.

I fear Peaches would be put in his place but drat if this wouldn't be entertaining. halfcoordinated you own and it sucks you didn't make the cut for AGDQ.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

halfcoordinated posted:

Thanks! I have no idea how that would go; can a controller even handle two people that know how to play one-handed? Also there seems to be no overlap in the games we play :(
Thank you again for the support everyone, I'm still hopeful for there to be some reconsideration.

Time to learn Blast Corps! :getin:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What's Paris Dakar? Feelin' dumb over here.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Kins posted:

It's a racing game that has no actual racing game segments. It's also a very bad game.

This sounds confusing, but good.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BloodWulfe posted:

It is and it is. To add on to what Kins said it's a 1987 NES game.

It was just run on JRTA:

http://www.twitch.tv/jrtamarathon/b/572844680

You start off by walking around town getting your license, buying (winning?) a car, and chatting with businessmen. Then you finally fly off into the sunset and race: normal race, underwater race, race vs. the military. Y'know, all the normal kinds of races you'd expect to find in a game inspired by an actual real world rally event.

I look forward to this. Hahahaha, what the hell.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

http://www.twitch.tv/kevinddr just got the new Western WR for Shirase mode in Tetris TGM3...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MURPHAGATOR! posted:

I'm not sure you know what "WR" means.

Yeah, it's almost like I made a mistake in my post.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BloodWulfe posted:

Baten Kaitos 100% speedrun is still going strong after 346;35;29. :toot:

Technically 336 real hours are required for one of the cards to age, so it's mostly just waiting. My favorite ridiculously long speed run is still Xenogears at 20ish hours. I still can't help but giggle at this one though.

This is retarded and so is the runner.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Dos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAHXK2wut_I

This is a really nice explanation of the Super Mario World credits warp.

I have no clue what the hell he just said but drat if that wasn't interesting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Kins posted:

Looks like AGDQ has made a surprising amount of change to something previously thought impossible: Arika are planning on playtesting a new, English version of TGM3 in the US (no location specified yet, but they'd prefer close to LA Convention Center) in mid-June, around the time of E3.

Is this going to up the ante?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dizz posted:

My gripe with metroid is that it's mentioned throughout the entire event. Constant updates on the money amounts, in addition to reading every "my family is dead from cancer. 30$ to save animals" when they can, it just kills every other run.

Wow you're a baby.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

beep by grandpa posted:

dumb knitting girl who demanded the OoT runner stop his speedrun so she could keep telling her story.

When was this? lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

heeheex2 posted:

Puncay gets a new 70 star wr, 48:35. Really good run.

Gonna have to request a link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

iPodschun posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/puncayshun/v/4206077 starts around 5:20:00 sorry I don't remember how to add time in the link

Thank you good sir.

• Locked thread