Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm so sad I'm going to miss it due to sleeping for work (graveyard shift). :( I'll have to catch the recording after, Tri-hex's runs are always a thing of beauty.

Same here. Hopefully they dont have a million people talking over it like during Trihex's last marathon run. Really looking forward to DX:HR and System Shock 2, and the Earthbound glitch run, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The Earthbound run is real cool, is run by a guy dressed as Ness, and features a butterfly saving the run. It drags a bit in the final area though, as there aren't any tricks you can do and it's just running from enemies.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

UraniumAnchor posted:

The Shatterhand video I uploaded last month got dropped to 30 fps. Stuff frequently disappears or looks solid when it should be flickering. :(

This isn't a big deal to a lot of people. Having a Youtube option would make the site more accessible for a number of people. People who dont like the JW player and dont want to download everything to their harddrive.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
At least we haven't caught a speedrunner jerking off on stream yet.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

ToastyPotato posted:

Are they going to do the thing where each game will be archived separately for easy viewing later?

Almost certainly, but it will probably take a few weeks like last time.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Kyrosiris posted:

Garrison's 46:11/:30 game time is now on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNEynCeSFyA

Why didn't he try skipping the first chozo boss, after picking up the bombs? I know the timing is tight, but I thought it was possible for a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Zamujasa posted:

As for emulation, I think SRL allows any emulator that isn't horrifically broken (SNES9x 1.43, some N64 emulators with plugins) which seems fine to me; as long as there's no huge advantage over using it compared to playing on a real console, it should be fine. Most emulators run the same on modern hardware and if they don't it's usually slowdown, not speedup (unless someone's monitor refresh rate is wonky, I've had it happen with ePSXe before).

There are a few weird cases where emulators are actually too fast and end up slowing down a speedrun. The one that first comes to mind is Mega Man X2, where you can skip a miniboss by getting offscreen before it spawns, but only on consoles since it lags more than an emulator does.

• Locked thread