Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Cosmo just topped his MST time by around 40 seconds! Very impressive! Final time was 2:34:19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I was watching that, it was horrible... :smith:

I really wish Sig was doing his attempts at a reasonable hour during the day, I'd love to see the WR live, assuming he'll get it.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Funkdoc's going for some Bad Street Brawler records.

http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

E: He beat his old Bad Street Brawler record with a new time of 15:39. Now he's moving on to Castlevania 3 and then Mystic Quest.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 5, 2012

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

Trihex is getting ready to start a yoshi's island world record attempt!

http://www.twitch.tv/trihex

If you haven't seen this by now, do yourself a favor and watch. Hes flashy as hell and its the perfect game for speedrunning.

I've never gotten to watch this guy. I think I'm in for something special. He's already talking about taking off his shirt and going super saiyan.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Anyone ever wondered what Siglemic's hands looked like when playing SM64?

I sure haven't!
http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic

How long until we get donations for shirtless siglemic?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Well dang. What's he planning on working on next?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Funkdoc decided to do some early morning streams and I decided to tune in and see him break the CV3 Trevor-only WR with a new 29:36.

First time I've ever seen someone break a WR live, grats to him.

I tuned in right when he got to Dracula. Can't wait to see the full run.

Right now Funkdoc plans to begin a NES Batman run and US Sypha run.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I think Cosmo just went live with Tingle Tuner practice for Wind Waker. A prelude to hopefully a new record soon!

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

I haven't been following it too much, but how much time is the Tingle tuner supposed to save?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Is Cosmo going back to OoT after he's satisfied with a Wind Waker run? I know a few people are done with OoT cause of the wrong warp stuff, but hadn't heard anything about it from Cosmo.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I watched poodle do that live earlier today. He accidentally threw a bomb and it landed in a pool and hurt Volvagia. I have no idea why it works but it does and it's awesome.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Poodleskirt really needs to get over himself and actually enforce some rules in his chat. It's getting pathetic.

What's been happening? I usually completely forget twitch even has chat since it's usually really dreadful, regardless of what stream.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Kennel posted:

Wind Waker TAS (WIP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7wFN9GL4Gg

(Seizure warning! :frogsiren:)

:suspense:

drat, I can't wait to see this whole run.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Man that had been such a beautiful run until then too. :smith:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is there any particular reason why Zodiacsmash always streams in a shirt and tie?

Is that the guy who calls everything a human being?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
He seems pretty confident he can beat that time by 30-40 seconds.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Cosmo what have you done to yourself. :stare:

https://twitter.com/cosmowright/status/247899453795753984

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Funkdoc is easily my favorite speedrunner, tied with peaches_, of course. So it's great to see him get such a good run. I guess he's going back to CV4 now?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Runnerguy is doing something interesting and potentially quite entertaining: playing OoT no RBA and no Wrong Warps and Majora's Mask any% with one controller input simultaneously. I've seen TASes like this, but no one trying to do it in real time until now: http://www.twitch.tv/runnerguy2489

This is going to be awesome. I love watching Runnerguy.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I just noticed Amnesia: The Dark Decent is one of the games being ran in Sandython. Has anyone watched those before? I'm tempted to stay up to watch it, it's gotta be entertaining.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

mastajake posted:

I need to watch Cosmo runs more often. That was wonderful commentary, and I wish more people would do the same.

I was just coming in here to say this. Cosmo does a great job commentating his marathon runs, especially considering the difficulty of some of the tricks he has to pull off. I forget which run I was watching earlier, but there was little to no commentary and it was kind of hard to keep interested in it. It might be different for games that are less about glitches/tricks and more about movement though, I don't really know.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Is there ever a stream where the chat isn't godawful? Memes memes everywhere.

You could watch me stream. There usually aren't any people watching, so chat is pretty slow.

For real though, hiding or ignoring the chat on most streams when they have 1k+ viewers is the only way to keep your sanity.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Oh my god I can't stop laughing. Jiano is so much fun to watch.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

End of Life Guy posted:

Mofat was doing Twilight Princess runs last night. When I went to bed at around 3am CST he was -2:58. Anyone know how that run wound up?

Is that the guy that calls every enemy that hits him a human being?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I've been streaming Dishonored any% and have been using Open Broadcaster Software. My computer is about three years old, but I can easily stream 1280x720 at 60fps. My native resolution is 1920x1200, but it's easier to stream at the lower resolution in windowed mode, so long as you don't mind playing in windowed mode. Xsplit was way too intense for my computer so I would never have a good FPS while streaming. I definitely remember getting frustrated trying to setup FMLE, and I've never tried ffsplit. I think a lot of people are using OBS now, so that's probably your best bet.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
After a few hours of practice I attempted my first full run of Dishonored Any%. I ended up cutting the hour mark by 2 and a half seconds. The current world record is 42.59, so I've got a ways to go. That being said I am impressed with myself. If anyone wants to watch a run sometime, my stream is right here.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Good work Shadow Ninja 64, your Mighty Bomb Jack run was finally featured in The Sunday Sequence Break. The chat really got a kick out of Belzebut.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I think Catechumen is Satan's pet cat.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I guess I should have done some more research about the Super Game Boy before I started using it for speed runs. Turns out it runs games 2.4% faster than every other device that plays Game Boy games. At least I found out before I had some kind of insane record, only to have it disqualified or something. So, word of warning I guess. I'm buying some parts to hopefully underclock the Super Game Boy player to play at the proper speed.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Aiming down when landing on a platform cancels your landing recovery, and lets you jump again faster.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I started casually speed running Link's Awakening a little over a month ago, and tonight I completed my first run. Ended up with a time of 2:02:20 which is pretty poor, but easily improvable. It is a pretty neat run. It doesn't use the map screen glitch cause that would only be about a 6 minute run. I stream attempts on my Twitch channel from time to time. I don't want to clutter up the thread advertising my stream, so this'll be the only time I'll link my channel.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Has anyone had any experience running the La-Mulana remake? I'm considering giving it a try. Seems like there are some weird things about the latest version patching out some glitch and changing the route a bit. Not sure what to do about that.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Caleb is clearly one of the dudes who if you saw with a shirt on you would not expect him to be ripped and then he is pretty ripped and it kinda makes you rethink things. That's probably why he always streams shirtless. Now there is no denying his rippedness. I don't watch him all too often, but I kinda think he should move away from MMX, it seems like it's getting to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

That controller snapping is oddly satisfying to watch.

I really enjoyed it as well. Caleb should add SNES controller breaking to his repertoire of real life speed runs, on top of the Domino's medium pizza race.

• Locked thread