Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Shame they don't have a better way to play the handheld games than using a camcorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Zaodai posted:

The sheer amount of neon motion blur in the DS runs is eye-raping.

You talking about the trails the characters leave behind or the ghosting from the camcorder? If it's the former PoR happily gets rid of them.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Dr. Dos posted:

When I get home from work I'm going to place the first donation for Minish Cap Link to be named Lunk.

Dear goons please rally support with me for no reason other than Lunk is an awesome name, Lunk coming pretty close last marathon to being the OoT name, and bidding wars where all the money ends up going to charity are great. It felt amazing last year seeing all these donations coming in just to upset the leads. Competition is good for these things. (But don't donate for non Lunk names :argh: )

You might want to donate for LTTP, someone donated $200 to a Minish Cap name yesterday that looks like it's not gonna get beaten.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Crotch Bat posted:

2600 viewers by the end, that's pretty serious.

There was a staff member in the chat that stickied it to the front page for awhile, that's how it jumped from ~1k to the final number.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The SS2 run also has an alternate audio track where he talks over the whole run and explains all the tricks and why he's doing what he's doing.

Also this is just making me want to replay this game, it's so good.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

SeedyV posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

Cosmo is on pace to beat his MST record yet again. He just completed the Fire Temple around 40 seconds ahead of his current best at the time of this post.

Botched Ganondorf fight led to a virtual tie, maybe next time.

Looks like they're gonna do a 4 way race now.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much money do the twitch.tv ads bring in?

And seriously, where did the Sig is a girl meme come from?

A SC2 streamer got drunk and streamed his j.tv ad page and it was ~$200 a day for his roughly 5,000 viewer/day stream.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The Pokemon run was surprisingly a lot of fun.
As for ones to skip, the Deus Ex: HR and Halo runs were by far my least favorite that I watched.

uPen fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 18, 2012

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And OoT MST has just been smashed even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHQBgGd18zY

:wtc:
I'm really interested to see if this can be replicated and used.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
No idea, I've seen some other people with the same avatar. Apparently some nutjob got permabanned and someone is celebrating.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Medallions, Stones, Trials.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Yeah I didn't like the FF7 speedrun last time but the way Poxnor explained everything he was doing in FF8 made it kind of interesting to watch.

I didn't pay any attention to this run after being bored out of my mind with FF7 but I guess I'll give part 2 a shot.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Heran Bago posted:

No More Heroes. No More People Watching.

Perfect block to get some sleep if I'd have had the foresight to skip aquaria.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Cubemario posted:

This, this is why I'm not watching. They can't keep the stream stable like they generally could at AGDQ.

It's been up and stable for me the entire time except a 5 minute period where my internet went out.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Alteisen posted:

A 1% run? Holy poo poo. :psyduck:

The spider and the malfunction machine thing are gonna be a sight to see.

Ok I wasn't gonna watch this but now I gotta.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Luceid posted:

Gears of War run not doing well so far. Wasn't there a similar disaster with this game a while ago or was it Halo that wound up being so badly run that it just got cancelled?

I remember halo being really bad/dull, can't recall Gears of War being run though.

e: Also nobody in the room at all.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Crotch Bat posted:

Wow then he's just exceptionally terrible at his own games. I would expect anyone who owns those kinds of records to either A)be able to not practice but still pick up and dominate the game at will or B)occasionally run through the game just to keep the skills sharp.

Also didn't he play those on Legendary or whatever the hardest level is anyways? Why agree to that if you know you're going to be rusty as all hell. Pretty insulting to the viewers to agree to those terms and clearly just brush off practicing something that's going to be insanely difficult to do in a fast, fun play.

iirc the Halo:Reach run was well executed, just extremely long and dull. Console FPS's just don't make entertaining runs to watch unless you're glitching the hell out of the game.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Last one made $150k

The last Summer games or Awesome games? Summer is a much smaller event.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Crotch Bat posted:

3400 people watching this run. His viewer count is insane.

2000 people right now watching a man with no voice open and close his sail for 5 hours on a run that's not even currently ahead of his best.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Keyboard Kid posted:

It's really a bit of a juggle between doing a run to do a run/practice and trying to get an optimized run with a ton of resets. I wouldn't want to restart two hours in unless I was really gunning for a great run.

Keep in mind Cosmo got his OoT MST run during a month of daily no-reset runs. If you're not aiming for a perfect time, making a mistake and knowing why you messed it up isn't a real reason to restart. There's something like 10 minutes of time to shave off of that run, right?

He did make several huge mistakes that were reset-worthy, but not 12 of them. I think he was just frustrated and didn't want to sink 5 hours into a run if he couldn't even get ahead on the first split or two.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Volt Catfish posted:

Oh right. Cosmo is still running Wind Waker

But this might be the sub 5:30 run. He's nearing the end.

Started out lovely but he's gotten really lucky over the last few splits and he's got a shot now.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Chriswizard posted:

I think he's still in it because of the new Savage Labyrinth glitch. If not for that he would've reset already.

Well seems like he's gotten the hang of it now after 1 hosed floor.

e: Holy poo poo that saved a lot of time.

uPen fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jun 17, 2012

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

How does that time split thing work?

Is it automated, Cosmo, or a third party that tells it when a checkpoint is hit?

Cosmo hits a button to tell it when to split.
I'm glad this wasn't going to be a sub 5:30 run because the game is trolling him hardcore now.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Leonid posted:

No time. Once the card is revealed, the race is on.

So like 5 minutes while they watch the opening cutscene.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DoctorWhat posted:

COSMO DID IT!

This game is going nuts.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I don't think cosmo even knows.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

What's the estimate on the completion time? All weekend?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I've got Quest 64 going on in the background while I do other work, it's oddly relaxing.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Mikael Kreoss posted:

My attempt to have him read the speech from The Great Dictator got grinched :(

The people that donate to have them read off some random long quotation is really annoying everytime it becomes a 'thing' at these and I'm glad that they finally had enough this time.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Mikael Kreoss posted:

It wasn't a joke I actually wanted to hear him read it.

Then donate more than $1, 3,500+ other people need to hear it too.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Tentatively scheduled is Megaman 10, some kirby game I forgot, Prime 2 100% and Raelcun is doing starcraft 2 brutal mode at like 830 in the morning. After that just winging it

8:30 EST? I'd be interested in watching that.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

BlueArmyMan posted:

Ok, I haven't used IRC in years, and java twitch chat is being lame; how do I connect to twitch chat via mIRC?

channel.jtvirc.com your username and password are the same as you use on the website. Replace channel with the name of the channel you want to chat in.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Oh god 4 solid days of Final Fantasy :psyduck: Why don't they break it up with some FF:Tactics or Dirge of Cerberus or something?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

MrLonghair posted:

Would they be okay with it if the bot carried anti-spam scripts?

Quakenet with some bots and a fleet of moderators won't make chat good but it might make it readable.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Wadjamaloo posted:

Where is this commentary track, that sounds interesting.

Link in the youtube description.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jakuvious posted:

I'm pretty sure Cosmo is well at the point now of not believing any promises of money until it is physically there. He gets plenty of promises in chat too that he never buys until it shows up. Nice thing though, is it did start some other donations that same night, so he still made some good money without that.

Now Adrian, on the other hand, is liable to kill somebody.

It's not real money until you get it out of paypal.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Studio posted:

So they're doing game suggestions for AGDQ.
The very tentative games list

The very slow loading SDA topic

Got HL2 in :toot:

There's over 24 hours of Zelda games on that list.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Nobody wants to watch 5 hours of Pokemon goddamn.

Cosmo doing a 5 hour run will bring in a ridiculous amount of money, there's no reason to not do Wind Waker.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

There's still 5 hours of pokemon so I'm a little distraught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol, Twitch did away with shadow bans (bans where the person doesn't realize they are banned because from their view they can still post in chat) so Cosmo is getting hundreds of PMs from people banned over the last 2 years wondering why they were suddenly banned!

I didn't even realize you could do this on twitch, that's great.

• Locked thread