Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I just got back from my shower and saw it happen. Way to go Funkdoc!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Last night I was watching Uyama try to break his Sub-Terrania hard mode record, he got super close before dying just before the last boss :(

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's lousy that none of the Zelda or Mario 'big names' are going to be at the marathon. No Cosmo,ZFG,RunnerGuy,Adarax or Sig/CFox/Sicko

If sig showed up the twitch chat/IRC would be flooded with everyone from his chat.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Darkwing had a good ST run. I didn't catch all of it but it seems like he didn't have as much trouble as last time.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I watched the end of the last marathon and didn't see JMan have a meltdown at all. Did I watch the wrong thing or was that not recorded?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Metanaut posted:

Is this stream saved to Viddler or what was it, like the previous event?

They all get recorded and encoded by UraniumAnchor. You'll be able to download them when they're finished.

E: beaten

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Romscout is getting some marathon luck right now.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

"If the hands DEEEEEEESH-!"

I laughed. Hope that goes on the blooper reel.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

"Okay...NOO!"

That second form is a bitch, good lord.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

This ENTIRE run should be on the highlight reel.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Ramadu posted:

That's awful, who wants 8 bit tits
16 bit. :eng101:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The fact that someone joked about the missile sprites made this creepier.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

1% Nightmare incoming. Awww yeah. :munch:
And he just died to it. :(

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

1% Fusion is hard as gently caress and Nightmare is the capstone of it.
Hell, I'm shocked he made it past Yakuza.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The scream broke my speakers, but holy poo poo that was the worst marathon luck.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The Reach one wasn't as bad as the Halo one at 2011. Cody actually admitted he hadn't practiced for that and boy did it show.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Oh god, this Die Hard run is amazing.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

And KirkQ died.

Welp.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

My favorite marathon moment is during CGDQ when some guy donated :10bux: for Uyama not to kill any dogs in the first stage of Contra III and immediately he said "Not happening, not happening, NOT HAPPENING!" then he ended up resetting the game twice (he did apologize during Hard Corps though) That run was also pretty much what coined "serious time" as a term if I remember right.

That and all of the Sub-Terrania run this year. "OH NO!" perfectly sums up that game.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

HoldYourFire posted:

Last time I saw Peaches_ play SM64 one-handed he game-overed to a goomba.
Was that during Dogathon? I remember he fell off in a Bowser stage during that.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Hoo boy, Bubsy 3D. I love how you can skip a large chunk of a level by climbing slopes.

Also Mike's running Spy Fiction later, gently caress yes.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Oh dear god, Blaster Master 2. I still remember how bad the boss music is...no, screw it, all the music is bad :shepicide:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Darkwing Duck is playing a very heavily glitched Zelda right now.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Japanese speedrunner 0xwas is trying to beat his Kirby 64 record. He was really close at one point but Miracle Matter was a dick.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

Someone youtubed Moltov freaking the gently caress out after dying in OoT and I just remembered how funny it was. Now you're all reminded. Again, lower your volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcrbH5ZSnWE

Jesus, you weren't kidding. This is almost as terrible as the UltraJMan incident.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Speaking of N64 controller rage, Poodle just smashed his head multiple times with his controller before ending his stream.
Please tell me this was recorded.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Uyama got a 9:10 in Earnest Evans. Someone should tell Slowbeef about this.

There's a wraparound glitch on one level that warps you to the exit.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Ludendi guys are racing Metroid Prime (NTSC vs. PAL) right now. One difference they pointed out is that the PAL version doesn't allow "scan dashing".

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Frezy apparently set a really good time on Contra too.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Wery couldn't beat Double Dragon 3. :(

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

furry drum circle posted:

IF you missed the North & South run you're stupid as hell and I would hate to be you right now.
I watched it on my phone and was laughing my rear end off. Great run.

Edit: I highlighted it for anyone who missed it. It's still processing right now.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 19, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I just heard Garrison beat the Super Metroid record.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Peaches_ is very close to cutting 1 hour in Mischief Makers.

http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

edit: loving RNG screwed him over :argh:

Zeether fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 2, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

UraniumAnchor posted:

Did somebody pay him to put honey on his controller or is that something he came up with himself?
I think he did it himself. There's some artwork at the end of the video for it and he's all :spergin: and proud of it.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Harminoff posted:

People looking into streaming, xsplit might be nice but it comes with a price. I do recommend using ffsplit if you are just starting out. Pretty easy to configure and seems to do everything I need. The overlay could be better, but it is beta and being worked on.

http://www.ffsplit.com/

Probably the easiest free alternative to use.
This is definitely a good program. Overlay's a little cumbersome and I do have to play around with the video bitrate more, plus sometimes the sound randomly doesn't work, but I hated messing with FME and I don't want to pay for a program I'll probably seldom use.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Flicky and friends are speedrunning Left 4 Dead: http://www.twitch.tv/flickyish

The conversations they get into are always amusing.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Peaches_ just got a new WR in Doom 64 (57:07) and is working on beating it.
http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

usedpizza posted:

I don't know about Arrow doing anything but it sure did remind me of this lovely video featuring old SM64 player ShadowofMyles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxU1Sda8oQ
Ahahaha, I remember when Peaches streamed this during Dogathon. Oily Myles is the best thing.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

0xwas just got a new WR in Paper Mario. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Someone is speedrunning Shut Up And Jam Gaiden. http://www.twitch.tv/lazerlong

An excellent vidcon of choice for a speedrun.

• Locked thread