Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

E-Tap posted:

RIP Paper Mario run ~~(_°<°_)~~

Haha, I totally made that gif after I watched pie get wrecked by Bowser in one of his runs.

Also made this at his request:

The speedy spin badge (which makes you spin dash faster so is absolutely necessary for a speedrun) is luck-based on whether it appears at that shop, and he always seems to get screwed by it. Dunno why he hates the seagull so much though, I think it has a certain 'whoever made me obviously didn't give a poo poo' charm to it.

Pie's reactions are pretty great, hearing a skype full of people giving him poo poo while he plows through Paper Mario for four hours and then ends up getting screwed partway through in some random way always makes me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

I don't think that trailer is very good for a number of reasons, but the most important is that it doesn't immediately grab me / inform me within the first fifteen to twenty seconds that AGDQ is a million dollar charity fundraiser centered around games being wrecked to hell and back. You can delay the information for a little bit if you show a really gripping highlight reel, but the f-zero footage was not very compelling to me. There's a huge human element that sets AGDQ apart from general speedrun streams or videos, and the lack of it hurts the trailer. Also of note is that despite being a web deployment you still want to utilize some form of title safe area since embedded youtube players often have overlay elements, which obscures a lot of the super tight text in this.

I don't have time to do something for this one, but if people want to help me out with getting specific clips and information I'd probably be up for making a trailer for the next AGDQ. It'd most likely end up being pretty weird. At the very least it would include a giant speedrun wall flyby, since how could you possibly not do that with all the available footage?

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

Hey, I saw that GDQ has an Undertale run planned, would it be worthwhile for me to try and go? Beyond the stuff I did for UT I'm a pretty big speedrun fan in general, for the first few events I think I watched them in their entirety and consistently watch SRL peepz (and make some dumb gifs every so often).

I just don't know if it's worth the cost / logistics as a lone, strapped for cash duder who doesn't know anyone too personally. Are there any chill goon runners going that I could fall back upon to hang out with?

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

Sure! I did a bunch of visuals and animation for the neutral route end boss. [fake preview edit: dang too slow haha]

Also I did some playtesting where I MIGHT have gotten an out of bounds bug that seemed to let players skip a lot of triggers removed 3 days before release, lol SORRY and made the game trailer.

Skype could definitely be an option, just like popping in during my bit and have some fun laughing about it. Looking up train tickets it's like a hundredish buxxx from Philly to DC so probably not TOO outrageous if there's good times to be had.

• Locked thread