Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Wow, this siglemic run is amazing. Wow. I haven't watched a 70star run before I guess but good grief this is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
They did stop--you can now at least upload 1080p stuff in 60fps and it will come up with an "original" option in the resolution menu.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

UraniumAnchor posted:

Great I'll just upscale my 320x240 NES video to 1080p so it doesn't cut out half the frames.

I don't know if it works with lower resolutions, I wasn't trying to say it only works with 1080p (hence the "at least"). Maybe it's worth a try!

emdash fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 1, 2012

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Yeah he just failed the first bird skip, losing about 100 seconds. Still 5:20 or so ahead

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Looks like he got all the time back from the last four segments with the Hookshot segment. I was out to lunch and missed it :(

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Augh, Cosmo. Next time man, next time

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

UraniumAnchor posted:

I decided to test this by uploading a 1920x1080 video clip that's nothing but 5 seconds of swapping between a purple and green screen at 60hz. Youtube still reduced it to 29.97 fps, of all things, so the first half is solid purple and then it goes solid green.

I'm actually surprised that with all the other stuff they've added they still do this.

I guess to get around it on videos where it matters I can drop it to 20fps instead.

Edit: Uploaded a 20fps test clip to see if it kept the flicker and it told me the video was shaky and offered to fix it. I'm going to tell it to fix it just to see what it does.

That's weird because there's definitely 1080p videos out there that are recordings of games (i.e. Dota2) at 60fps and they get an "Original" option in the resolution menu. Too bad Google keeps Youtube development pretty obfuscated or we might have some idea what's going on here!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

fleshweasel posted:

What time did he get? Is he going for sub 5:20 now?

He says he might learn the Japanese version

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
14 seconds off aaaaaaaaagh

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Watching trihex play through 6-2 at his normal pace/accuracy while he talks on the phone is pretty funny

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

quote:

200? Really? I think I could mash the "Build more units" key 200 times a minute and lose pretty quickly to a guy using actual strategy. Unless they're not counting that, in which case

APM in its base form counts everything including all the random spam (used to maintain hand speed) you can see in a video like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_m7gpN3EWg

APM definitely isn't a great measure of skill, but raising it generally helps and it sure is fun to watch.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic sig fixed something that was wrong with his internet and his stream title is "1:43 attempts in October." You know you want to watch :unsmigghh:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dizz posted:

Does streaming eat up any CPU?

Tons, encoding h.264 video is really intensive. This is why the proliferation of quad-core CPUs has made streaming a lot more widespread. Of course if you have a hardware encoder card or whatever (for streaming from a console) it offloads a lot of that

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Now it's Booty Hunt, which I've never seen before but is pretty funny so far

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Well, Carl_Sagan was about to die just a little bit ago (had fallen off the level and couldn't naturally double jump back up to land) but saved himself by grabbing a koopa out of midair, spitting the shell so that it would bounce and hit Yoshi, somehow gaining height from that, grabbing Mario, and ending up back on safe ground.

Probably the sickest thing I've ever seen in a speedrun.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Who or what is sluip? I've missed the origin of this consistently over the last couple months

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Can anyone tell me who the hosts on the stream are right now (during Diddy Kong Racing)? I got CornetTheory but one of the other voices is reminding me of someone and I can't place it and the streamchat only gives me standard dickish answers (i.e. "who cares" from a mod. Classy)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The guy whose voice was reminding me of someone last night turned out to actually BE that someone--Raelcun, who used to cast SC2 games a lot and whose voice I hadn't heard in probably a year. Man it feels good to finally figure that out :lol:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
You do mostly need a quad-core to improve streaming the way it sounds like you want to improve it. If you're on an LGA775 platform, you may be able to pop in a Q9650 processor for a significant improvement at relatively little cost.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Cosmo's 4 minutes ahead of his PB in Paper Mario with about an hour to go. Check it: http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright/new

-7:24 after Final Bowser. :drat:

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 5, 2013

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

pksage posted:

Kalemandu just set a ridiculous new I Wanna Be the Boshy any% WR: 52:18.30. He says it's beatable, but I don't think any of the other IWBTB runners are on his level. I would love to be proven wrong, but drat, 52 minutes...

IWBTB's categories are kind of weird. All of them ban Sonic (though 100% might allow it after you unlock him) and any% bans every character but Boshy and Dark Boshy, since Ryu/Sagat make certain areas and boss fights too easy.

Is there a VOD for this?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The bombch.us spreadsheet says cosmo re-timed that one guy's VOD, not sure exactly what that means though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Kalemandu got 2:25:50 in hardest mode. It was ridiculous, only 160 deaths

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
What's the reason for shooting the guards so slowly in that goldeneye video? Sorry if it's mentioned in annotations, watching from a tablet where I can't see those

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Studio posted:

Almost done, but http://www.twitch.tv/demoon9 is gonna smash the WindWaker record pretty hard. I wonder how Cosmo will react

How'd he get 90 seconds ahead before Bombs? or did you see it?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Coolkid is up and running HL1. http://www.twitch.tv/dabigbooi

re: super metroid Whatever happened to garrison?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it was still going on at like 10 AM eastern US time (I think?) but yeah, that means he started drat early

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg4lAIp-mFY&feature=youtube_gdata_player I had never seen dustforce yotta before and uhh... Well you're braver than me, that's for sure.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
From the comments it looks like zoast doesn't give a gently caress (because he will destroy this record in no time flat, probably), everyone else should probably follow his lead

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

kaschei posted:

I can't find it on google, what is an "aimed apple pattern"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYzXMcjpuFc this garbage maybe?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

argondamn posted:

To anybody in the dark about this, that's one of Siglemic's alt accounts.

so this is the ultimate genesis of runner burnout? i like it.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Romscout's sotn record got a brief writeup on joystiq today

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
If I'm not mistaken there's 1255 Clusters. There's tons of stuff other than that to do/collect (though I guess most of it is just mission rewards?) as well though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i enjoy watching speedruns and i would like to watch cosmo speedrun windwaker at *gdq :shrug:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Demon9 is 7 minutes ahead of his PB, which makes him about 4 mins ahead of the current Cosmo WR. Check it: http://www.twitch.tv/demoon9

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Nativity In Black posted:

Barring a choke, WR incoming.

Yep, without any Zelda-shooting-Link shenanigans he should be good :v:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Looks like sig died and gave up?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Darkspinessonic is my favorite runner on Twitch right now. Sonic 06 is the gift that keeps on giving.

Seriously you need to watch this. This game is amazingly broken.

the face cam is great. i don't know what a dry bird is but i suspect it is also great.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Next game on the spooky marathon is trespasser. I've never seen it speedrun but it should be hilarious

Did anyone see Cosmo's final time on wwhd today? I missed the end :-(

emdash fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I love that the tos violation says "the community closed this stream." Bull loving poo poo

• Locked thread