Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A Stately Pleasure Dome Decree
I was so excited when I saw wizards and warriors on the display and so saddened when it turned out to be wizards and warriors 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
If we're talking about amazingly glitched speedruns then I've got to mention the recently released glitched Chrono Trigger run. Heavy abuse of some glitches that let the player edit parts of memory makes this run over four hours faster than the previous Chrono Trigger TAS.

This is a regular start (not new game+) that beats the game in under 22 minutes.
Youtube The TAS page for it

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
This emotional poo poo is 1,000 times more epic because of the ff6 end of credits music.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
SDA marathon: The End
Infinite Side Hugs.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
I just changed my mind and now Brosentia owns.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004

Essentia posted:

I want to thank you for not burning the house down while we went to church

Mike Uyama posted:

We tried but... Marathon luck.

Quick wit is awesome.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
Oh God drat. Why Sig? Why??

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
What was he going to do for the rest of August if he crushed the record by that much on the 4th?

Speedrun conspiracy time.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
Awesome but not optimal. I guess Sig moves on from 120 star runs now?

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
I believe what he said [meant] is that he believes 1:43:XX is possible and once he gets 1:44:XX he'll figure out if he wants to try for 1:43:XX

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
Spamming APM became a big thing in Korean pro Starcraft BW around 2003-2005 when July Zerg showed up and won some tournaments. In most sports the athlete begins the event with their muscles warmed up and running near top capacity. Boxers, Tour de France Cyclists, your mom, everybody goes into an event ready to perform. A few years into pro starcraft some players realized that if they spammed useless actions (particularly in the early stages of the game where there isn't much to do) they'd be ready to perform at their peak at any point of a game. They were right.

Even shorter version - spamming buttons works so players do it. Boxers and MMA fighters spam punches backstage before their fight starts. A lot of speedrunners spam buttons too.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic

e: Cannonless 1st try, this is the run

Came here to post this. Been watching way too much SMB64 this August.

Edit: welp...

Gimpy Joe fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 16, 2012

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
It seems like Sig definitely isn't doing 12 hours a day anymore. Anyone know what is up with that? My guess is just that he got really depressed and sick of the game and went out to get a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004

These sorts of posts are hugely appreciated by speedrun lurkers like myself. I caught most of five but life/etc missed the rest.

• Locked thread