Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Snipee posted:

With so much gold, why can't you just buy stability?

Can't buy stability in CK! You just gotta hope you get a stability raising event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bonus Update: What if? (Chapter 4)

The most important crown is mine.

Oh, why not.

For gently caress's sake.

Well, that was a fun five years. A bunch of vassals are still independent because I'm losing the will to hunt down every little duke that breaks away.

Russia is largely controlled by a few princes with huge domains but tiny demesnes. I send up the Venice doomstack and vassalize them before they even have time to gather their armies.

This gives me control over most of Russia and the king titles Finland, Rus, Kharzaria and Crimea. Good times.

The vassals that broke away are starting to come back of their own volition. Can't say I mind.

I spend a decade consoldating my holdings in Greece, Africa and Russia, vassalizing christians and conquering muslims.

By 1195, almost everything outside the middle east is in my hands. The Seljuks control a huge chunk of the middle east and look to be the only thing resembling a challenge left on the board.

At this point I COULD start conquering the remaining muslims and continuing to abuse breakaway vassals for badboy reduction, spending half a century carefully balancing my badboy...

... or I could just do this.

Crusadin'.

Apparently when you get beyond a certain size, your vassals just can't stop fighting each other because all my Russian vassals are at war with each other and a war between Bergslagen and Orleans turned into a giant inter-empire conflict encompassing most of Spain and France. I stay out of it, because siding with either vassal (and thus declaring war on one of my own vassals) would result in a massive relation drop with all my vassals.

I have a good feeling about this particular crown.

It takes me another decade to absorb most of the smaller Muslim countries, giving me lots of territories and troops with which to attack the Seljuks.

Endgame time.

The war takes four years, but ultimately there's not much the Seljuks can do as I keep stealing their vassals and sending in troops from Russia, Egypt and Greece. By 1209 all that's left is the mop-up.

While I am conquering the last remaining muslim independents, I also take the time to revassalize the guys that broke away during the wars. While I am doing so, several of my new muslim vassals break away, but eventually I get everyone under my control (for the moment).

No Popes no masters.

Me, 1210, 144 years into the game.

I have so many vassals, the game can't display them.

That's pretty much it, hope you had fun! I do not see any need to continue this to EU3 and I feel I have demonstrated exactly what an LP where I do not hold back would look like: It would be over in less than 150 years. Now you can return to reading Azerbaijan with a newfound appreciation for my self-restraint and modding.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 14, 2011

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
drat.

I love that at one point the game just stops bothering with single areas and starts giving out "King of Africa" and "King of Arabia" etc.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I see that not many people want to be rivals with the guy who conquered the entire known world.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

John Dough posted:

How did a muslim end up ruling Iceland? :psyduck:
Iceland was forbidden to have weapons by the Danish. At one time one bloke managed to take over the country with a cannon, a few dozen Englishman and balls the size of Bristol.

Also, holy poo poo. That sure is a thing.

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 14, 2011

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Is it just me or is the Isle of Mann not purple? Same with that small island to the east of southern Sweden.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jeoh posted:

Is it just me or is the Isle of Mann not purple? Same with that small island to the east of southern Sweden.

Looks like they must have broken away while I was re-vassalizing the muslims, I'm shedding a few vassals a month just from being this size. I actually got hit with a civil war too right as I was taking the last screenshots (notice the prestige plummet).

Oh well, the world sans Mann and Öland is good enough.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

:golfclap:

And almost two centuries before you could even start EUIII. I just wish I could see the look on the Mongol's faces.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
You should keep that save for after you're done with Azerbaijan, if for no other reason than that you could switch to Semi-Salic Gavelkind and watch a single dynasty fragment Europe between itself.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hey Wiz, could you post the religion map of the Great Roman Empire of Faereyar? Also curious as to how many province cultural change events you got, as after conquering so many provinces at least a few of them have to be Norwegian/Gaelicz now.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
It would be actually awesome to have the game save just to load as Mann and see the Empire shattering.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bonus Update: What if? (Chapter 5)

This update is for some whiny people in IRC.

No such thing as overkill.

And there you go.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
To be fair, this whiny person in IRC has been asking for you to show us how long (1 week or 1 month?) the AI would last running your empire. :colbert:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gorgo Primus posted:

To be fair, this whiny person in IRC has been asking for you to show us how long (1 week or 1 month?) the AI would last running your empire. :colbert:

Half a day. Tops.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
That looks like an independent Cumbria right there Wiz. Hope that's gonna get taken care before you call this whole thing over.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Saurus posted:

That looks like an independent Cumbria right there Wiz. Hope that's gonna get taken care before you call this whole thing over.

gently caress off, I'm done.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
There's a couple of independent greenish-coloured counties around Switzerland and east of Finland too :colbert:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Soooooo... where's YOUR demesne? Is it just scattered all over the map or did you keep it together?

e: I just noticed you're headquartered in Venice... Is that the richest province in the game or what?

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Ras Het posted:

There's a couple of independent greenish-coloured counties around Switzerland and east of Finland too :colbert:

There's no navies in CK1 so no way to take over those lakes.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
I see a lot of water that doesn't have your colour over it... send out boats to cover every water province!

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

super fart shooter posted:

Soooooo... where's YOUR demesne? Is it just scattered all over the map or did you keep it together?

Scattered. I only had a really small demesne because I was giving away provinces to reduce BB as fast as possible. In the end I had Faroe Islands, Venezia, Paris, Constatinople and a few provinces in Persia.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Pakled posted:

I see that not many people want to be rivals with the guy who conquered the entire known world.
And of course, it's the same portrait as his wife. You may feel free to insert your own marital joke here.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I was hoping you'd get a Mongol on the throne and Demesne the entire world. Oh well.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Good. Now do it opn Easy :v:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A man can rule the world, and yet his wife will still be his rival. Power, wealth, prestige, he stands alone above the world and hated by the one he chose to stand by his side as equal.

This was your deepest and saddest LP Wiz, I'm literaly in tears. The Tragedy of House Sudrey shall resonate for ages. One Hundred Forty Four Years of Conquests, One Hundred Forty Four Years of Solitude.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I actually think it'd be amazing to set inheritance law to... whatever it is that Azerbaijan was using, and after the king dies, just let the AI take full control until the end of CK.

But really, Wiz spoils us enough as is.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Servetus posted:

You should keep that save for after you're done with Azerbaijan, if for no other reason than that you could switch to Semi-Salic Gavelkind and watch a single dynasty fragment Europe between itself.

Please do this.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Wiz posted:

...and then some!

Føroyaríkið Mikla!!! :black101:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

Hook-nosed Ponytailed Guy is crazy like that.

Edit: oh, it's...his wife.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 14, 2011

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

Hooknosed Ponytailed Guy is crazy like that.

Edit: oh, it's...his wife.

"Conquering the world might be impressive to all those girls in court, but I know who you really are. Take out the trash right now, 'Your Imperial Majesty.'"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wiz posted:

Half a day. Tops.

Is it possible to export your save at the end of this...experiment...in a way that lets people play through the AI's collapse and the ensuing age of war, plague and calamity as a random duchy or county of the empire?

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY

zeal posted:

Is it possible to export your save at the end of this...experiment...in a way that lets people play through the AI's collapse and the ensuing age of war, plague and calamity as a random duchy or county of the empire?

Wiz will share that save only with the people he hates

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cowcatcher posted:

Wiz will share that save only with the people he hates

finish your serbia LP

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Jesus Wiz, thanks for humoring me.

(regarding this)

TheModernAmerican posted:

Part of me would like to see you do a whole 4 game LP just trying to win, not following a narrative. Just to see how nutballs huge Azerbaijan would be.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

inscrutable horse posted:

Føroyaríkið Mikla!!! :black101:
Now, load up as Isle of Man, do WC.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Wiz, man you're way to loving awesome at Paradox games. I don't think I have the patience to learn these games well enough to pull off something like that. I sometimes barely survive in EU3. Maybe I just suck. :eng99:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Wiz posted:

That's pretty much it, hope you had fun! I do not see any need to continue this to EU3 and I feel I have demonstrated exactly what an LP where I do not hold back would look like: It would be over in less than 150 years. Now you can return to reading Azerbaijan with a newfound appreciation for my self-restraint and modding.
Now do a EU3 world conquest as Bar.

e; Or Chimu.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Kainser posted:

e; Or Chimu.

Ryukyu

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!

Kainser posted:

e; Or Chimu.

Nah its got to be Ryukyu. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh

General Antares posted:

Nah its got to be Ryukyu. :v:

How about Maldives? Probably way too easy though.
Naaah, I think I've seen what Wiz can do, his EU3 would basically be a length of 'claim throne' casus bellis and maybe releasing badboys to lower vassal (and because they fight for you, which helps if you're lazy :)).

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 15, 2011

• Locked thread