Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Wow, I totally forgot that this was going to be a thing and I was sad that the Suebi got annexed because it meant no more Wiz LP for a while; but I suppose it's actually been quite some time since Crete finished so hooray! V:v:V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

ChaosSamusX posted:

So is CK always this erratic, or is that just what I've seen from every single LP of it so far? The game seems like Snakes and Ladders with a political theme.

Welcome to the feudal system / medieval Europe.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I wish CK had a bigger palette for state colours, it's not like it's exactly uncommon to have 2/3 bordering each other with the same colour.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Pakled posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a ruler with such terrible stats that didn't have some really horrible trait like crazed or schizophrenia.

The B trait is a wiz-mod 'gently caress breeding' modifier which rapes your stats.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Please tell me you didn't do anything to make Byzantium collapse like that. The borders are amazing :allears:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Is Burgundy really going to be that powerful in conversion, I seem to recall that the southeastern part of France doesn't exactly have the best provinces. You could always split off some vassals so they at least take a few years to work their way to the top of the heap within the Empire.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

1) Did Timur die during his first military campaign? No
2) Did Zabulistan successfully resist the Ghaznavid invasion? Yes
3) Did the Mongol invasion of Japan succeed in reaching the island? Yes
4) Did the megafauna in Australia/New Zealand survive human migration into the continent? Yes
5) Did Sundiata Keita die in exile? No

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

skipThings posted:

So, the silly flag is the reason ? Fair enough

People generally love:

1. Tiny countries that can never amount to anything

2. Historically accurate province borders, gameplay be damned! (see: those provinces in MEIOU split into 3/4 pieces)

3. Hilarious flags

Thus, Mann has quite a broad pool of support.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Early Mughals would have been pretty neat but depending on what Timur's steppe empire looks like it might be interesting (and it gives the Hindus a chance to stand up for themselves for a change)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Frionnel posted:

Somehow this doesn't look quite right but I love the concept.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

MadPierrot posted:

I completely forgot that Bohemia was a white lion on red. I'll test out some alternate colors and maybe a griffin instead. I just used the lion because it was Geoffrey Plantagenet's sigil but I'm so far off historical course I might as well go the full monty.

Nice idea but this is basically the CoA of Lithuania so you'll have to go for one of the other colour combos :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

It's kind of funny how Burgundy would have had something like 8 fewer provinces with the pre-DW map. Switzerland and NW Italy got an rear end ton more provinces (though IIRC they mostly went from being really high to middling-low tax so it's not as unbalanced as it sounds)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Have you changed any tax/manpower values around? The vanilla values are insane, Paris has about as much manpower as all of SE Asia combined.

Would also be nice to see vassal states, religions and extraterritorial cores if you're going to make more maps.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Vaos posted:

What about giving the pirate hunter nation the mechanics from DW Steppe Hordes? That would prevent anyone declaring war on them/them declaring war since there will be no other such nation in game. No one will be able to interact with them either.

This is actually a really good idea!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Patter Song posted:

I hate those so much. And you fail them if you DOW and force-vassalize the country! :downs:

This reminds me, I hope Wiz has something that stops you from keeping HRE electors as permanent votes forever, as annoying as a lot of the stuff in MM was the HRE anti-vote-cheesing mechanics worked really well.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Mrit posted:

I hope that when this is done it can be combined with Miscmods somehow and I can play Shattered Europe with a perfectly balanced game. :allears:

Throw in that mapmod which converts the game to the V2 map and I'll die a happy man. Or the MEIOU map, but I think it's a bit messier (and harder to deal with since province IDs are all over the place)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

What allies does Armenia have? What's their manpower / army size like compared to you + Syria?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Oh god you need to take those two Georgian provinces before Syria does, look at the borders! :ohdear:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

theblastizard posted:

Nations in Anatolia without controlling the whole thing seem to always be paper tigers.

Unless Wiz did something the provinces in Anatolia are total rear end apart from the westernmost coastal ones. A lot of base tax 3/4 and low manpower. Armenia probably has most of the really lovely provinces. They have enough to not be a total pushover but I'd expect Nicaea to be a lot stronger.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Hey, those provinces will be worth something in 100 years or so once they've cored and been converted to the True Faith (of Sufism, obviously).

How does core gaining work in this mod anyway? :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

B, it worked for the Ottomans so it should work for you.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

C

The ideas are all great in our current situation but I'll vote for Siege Engineers for the excellent longterm benefit of -10% build cost on top of the military bonuses.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

i81icu812 posted:

Even so, they should be able to raise a new one to fend off Rhodes. Rhodes should have a TINY manpower pool since they are a two province minor and only hold Rhodes and Cyprus.

The AI is functionally retarded and will stand an 11k army in an occupied province while the other guy sieges 2 provinces next to it with 3k men each, so unless one side has at least ~25k men you'll often see these kind of silly situations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Patter Song posted:

Kabul is this close to finally forming Mughals.

gently caress you AI, why would you not annex that OPM? :psyduck:

I suppose they might be a same religion group vassal, I forget exactly how that part of the world is different in this mod.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Look at that loving beautiful border, and a nice lovely 2pm right there to act as a buffer. Best war.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Eiba posted:

Yeah. I think we're done here. Let's just settle in to the country we've got now, all nice and snug. We own Azerbaijan proper, Georgia, and a nice CoT in Astrakhan. What more do we want?

A lot of Persia and Iraq is very wealthy and would give us naval access to the east. Persia is also probably our strongest natural rival at the moment (apart from Muscovy, but they're our allies currently...) so we should at least keep an eye on them.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

If I'm playing in that part of the world I usually just conquer everything up to Cairo and sell all the tax 1 provinces in Egypt to a vassal. Then you're only stuck with a few really poo poo provinces and it's well worth it for holy cities / Cairo / Alexandria / Syria.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Govt: A
Idea: C

Not for any idealistic reasons, just a more bureaucratic government and a better chance of not dying quite so horribly if we end up at war with someone bigger than us.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I like how Bulgaria and Armenia decided to just gently caress the Roman Empire and split it in half between them. I wonder if we'll end up with a clean Anatolia/Europe split?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

A is an outrageously horrible choice at the moment, what the gently caress is wrong with people :psyduck:

Voting B as the 'not-A' alternative, even though C is clearly the best idea (if Russia declares on us it's going to be expensive as gently caress).

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Look at all those guys still voting C when their vote could actually literally make the vote go either way :smug:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The Saurus posted:

Can you take a look at Poland and find out how the hell they have such a large army despite their crappy/small territory?

I'll guess here - they have a bunch of military NIs and maybe a +forcelimits adviser and the AI almost always builds up to (and usually a bit over) its forcelimits even if it has to mint a lot to do so. They also might have a lot of vassals, since that gives forcelimit now.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

SRI has an option to get cores on diploannex, I'm sure it would be easy to adapt it to fit whatever you want. There's also events where your vassals willingly choose to become annexed.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Kainser posted:

^^^Rome=/=EU3 and this LP isn't the Crete LP.

Bureaucratic Despotism or bust.

But I don't really care what the government is as long as the ruler rules for life, it's hard to get attached to a guy who's only around for half an update.

You don't have to replace your rulers all the time! I just had a 9/9/9 ruler as Switzerland for 40 years, it was exactly as amazing as it sounds :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Oh god that bug when there's 3 armies all aggressive towards each other in a single province is the worst, how badly would you say that hosed you overall?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

Wasn't intended to be insultory or anything, just pointing out that people could check it out if they wanted to see other ways of playing EU3.

I hate blobbing but find it impossible to play non-optimally which is why I love those 'the mod hates you' mods such as MM. It's just a shame people seem to prefer mods which just add 10000 provinces and let you reform <insert empire that hasn't existed for 800 years>

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

BklynBruzer posted:

I've been seeing a lot of people ragging on Death and Taxes - honestly, I enjoy it. :shobon:

It's fun but suffers from being even easier / more breakable than vanilla because of how easy it is to stack multiple sources of extra army morale / discipline and have invincible troops.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Though I think A would be the best choice RIGHT NOW (helping us get out of the manpower hole), B is basically going to make the average general in the next war have 3 or 4 more stat dots which is massive.

For those totally discounting A, it's worth noting that more manpower = bigger pool and faster regen rate. The way some people have been discussing it makes it sound like it only increases how much manpower you can have total.

I'd totally go for National Conscripts for the next idea.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Crimea wants annexing so bad but then you need to take 3 provinces from Russia to make the border even vaguely defensible / attractive :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Persia is a great ally, assuming they stay allied to us they make everything to the south entirely safe, they can assist in wars with Armenia (hopefully without taking any of the spoils) and they'll probably even end up with a Central Asian border with Russia eventually.

Of course it would have been better if we'd been able to prevent them from becoming so strong in the first place but given the current situation we need to ally with one of our three large neighbours and Persia is the only one that's even Muslim (and also the one we've historically had the least conflict with).

• Locked thread