Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
Murad, you were too gentle for this world :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

1) YES
2) YES
3) NO
4) NO
5) NO

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

We have to use that flag. I'm sorry but that flag must be used.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Piracy to the extent that it is a problem in the game (for example, ships blockading the entire Spanish Main) is in no way representative of the extent of piracy in reality. Better to represent it with events, I reckon.

Edit: Actually Wiz you should use that pirate 'mod' with the massive fleets and pirate bases. Anyone got the link? :haw:

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

I love this mod. Wiz, if you aren't using this mod you ain't pro.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

It certainly would be nice to see the USA, Brazil et al actually appear

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Oh no don't do this :(

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Aerbaijan may benefit from severing alliances with all nations, living in splendid isolation for a little bit, and hoping that they themselves don't get attacked. May be a little too much like taking action for the current king, though.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

oystertoadfish posted:

i like the embattled nature of azerbaijan. I like the balance in this LP a lot, in general

I'm with you on this. It makes a very welcome change to LPs of tiny nations becoming massive empires through easily won wars.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

A - Administrative Monarchy
B - National Bank

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Wiz posted:

He died literally one day before Armenia declared war actually, but I felt it made more narrative sense the other way around.

I had nothing to do with it.

I thought that if the leader of a PU refused to come to your aid in a war (because of Calls To Arms and Truces and war leaders etc), the PU automatically ended. I assumed that was what had happened.

I've gotten out of the Holland - Brabant PU this way many a time. Wait for Brabant to make peace, but Holland remains in the war, and immediately CTA Brabant, who refuse, and a new ruler is installed.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

That would be just terrible.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

I played STEPPE WOLFE as Vatican City...

History as it happened.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

But will they be tolerant :ohdear:

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Is that an axe...attached to a sword?

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

The Saurus posted:

It's specified in the EU3 manual (and the CK1 one too) that culture and religion represent the most powerful cultures/religions in that province and not the most numerous.

But that doesn't really gel with the games themselves. If that were true the culture of an entire country would change when the ruling class gets supplanted by an invader.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Tunga, you dick.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Octomon posted:

He's soon to be out of a job...

...or is he?

Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger

Fortunate Son

Religious Appointment

After Herr Ratzinger resigns the papal submarine whisks him down the Tiber, some months later on a tropical island a new leader emerges... with a fake beard and dark glasses, natch'.

EDIT: woops, he can't be a biblical scholar.

voting for this

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Gorgo Primus posted:

Getúlio Vargas the Man of the People who came to power in a Communist Rebellion. Yes, let us all vote for Darkest Hour's esteemed Leninist Vargas, Father of the Syndicates.

Also I'm still waiting on a party icon that uses our cornerstone comic. :colbert:

Actually yeah changing from pope to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Perhaps we should wait until the LP actually starts? This thread has spent dozens of pages talking about an LP which doesn't exist yet and may never exist. After the LP that the thread is for is over.

• Locked thread