Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Is there a way you can modify the bonuses gained from tech level to reduce colonial maintenance costs? If you were to add a -1% cost modifier to every government tech level starting from 10 at the start of the game you will still be paying full price for colonies, but as the government becomes more efficient the cost of colonies goes down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

I say we vote B. I can't wait to see the look of embarrassment on Armenia's face when they see how tolerant we are of their faith.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

I vote for A.

All the benefits of the other two choices are useless if we don't have any men to send to the battlefield, and getting a leg up on land research will help us against our western rivals.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Government: Administrative Monarchy A
Idea: National Banks B

The choice between the Engineer Corps and National Bank ideas was a close one, but once Wiz told how much inflation we were gaining that tipped the balance.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

EvanSchenck posted:

srsly guys with our patron of the arts NI we shouldn't have any trouble recruiting a 5 or 6 star master of mint if inflation ever becomes a problem

You have to remember that Wiz changed it so when you recruit an adviser you lose all your cultural tradition.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
So how are the Polish armies doing right now, are they up for defending their favorite Muslim ally from a rampaging bear?

For now I vote for the Bill of Rights, but if looks like our relations with allied nations are low I might change my vote.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

The Narrator posted:

Although tolerance is our goal, we must remember there are other lands who seek to destroy us. Only once they are placated or removed can we focus inwards.

There is no way option A could accomplish either of those things. We can not stop Russia from declaring war on us, and slightly improving our diplomatic skill will not help us in the war.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Tomn posted:

The answer to that is that the people participating usually DIDN'T have a clue what the hell was going on. They were generally working off misconceptions, false assumptions, rumors, appearances, revisionist history, vague memories, and the occasional outright falsehood. There's a reason why Crete was so badly run.

The funny thing is if you didn't mention Crete at all I would have thought you were talking about real life politics.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Wiz posted:

Everything is fine, I've been busy having birthdays and getting older

Cool, happy birthday Wiz.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
I know I don't know everything about the mechanics of EU3, but isn't National Trade Policy way better than Shrewd Commerce Practices in this mod? If I remember correctly each percent of trade efficiency gives you half a percent of compete chance and merchant placement chance, so the actual total is:

Shrewd Commerce / Trade Policy
Efficiency: 5% / %15
Effective Merchant Chance: 7.5% / 7.5%
Effective Compete Chance: 7.5% / 7.5%
Trade Tech Cost: 0% / -10%

There is nothing that Shrewd Commerce Practices does that National Trade Policy doesn't do equally or better, and National Trade Policy reduces the tech cost on top of all of that. Are you going to do anything in the final release to make Shrewd Commerce Practices more appealing to take?

Sorry about the :spergin:

logger fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 7, 2012

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
We need to get a handle on our inflation before it cripples our nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
Doesn't anyone care about the poor defenseless malaria phages that were unjustly massacred during that time period? :smith:

• Locked thread