Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Oh my God, a Wiz LP I have a chance at participating in! :neckbeard:

This is going to be great- the Hohenzollern LP was what made me start playing Paradox games in the first place, and was also the best narrative LP I've ever read. I can't wait to see where this one goes.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

If we get conquered, can we tag switch to whoever takes control of us? Because I can really see that happening.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I find that a lot of those problems were fixed in the Age of Colonialism mod- France's industry no longer goes completely insane, Britain has a sane-sized army, etc. I'm sure Wiz will create his own solutions.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

And we'll be facing off with the Ryukyu Empire in the far east.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Eastbound Spider posted:

Is it too early to blaim populists for everything?

It's not too early if it's the truth.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The best way to deal with gavelkind, the way I see it, is to never have more than one king title. The land will be divided up with each generation, but they'll still be loyal to us (We get to keep playing as whoever gets the title of King/Sultan, right?)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wiz posted:

That makes sense from a game perspective, but not from the perspective of the dynasty that would obviously want to amass more kingdom titles and prestige, so I will still create any king titles I can.

Alright, cool. Though if we expand north, it'll be a long time before we can declare ourselves King of Russia, if ever...

I'll stop now. :v:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

We are... significantly less doomed than I thought we were.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

:sbahj:

Yeah, this is why Crusader Kings is one of the best games ever.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

So, who's going first? Jerusalem or Georgia?

Jerusalem, then straight through to the Holy Land.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Revenge is a dish best served on a kebab. Now lets just hope those ungrateful little bastards don't spoil it...

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

From rags to riches to half a rag. At least our dynasty is fairing well...

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

And within a day, we've gone to riches from half a rag. Jesus Christ, at this rate we'll have retreated to Iceland and suddenly inherit the HRE two days before converting to EU III.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

Boo! Bring back Egypt, thread title be damned!

EDIT: Seriously though, did we lose our chance to expand by doing this? We're right next to the Golden Horde and an angry Perisa Khanite.

If we get conquered, the title will pass to someone else and we'll play as them. We're following whoever is the rightful Sultan of Azerbaijan, not a specific dynasty.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wiz posted:

Not necessarily. If someone conquers all our land but not the title, then there is NO Sultan of Azerbaijan and thus game over.

Well, poo poo. Do we continue play as the conqueror, then?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wiz posted:

In case of a genuine Game Over, its thread over, or alternatively a thread reboot. I should be able to prevent this from happening though - the last time I actually got annexed in CK was a long time ago.

Alright. Who inherits if the current Sultan dies heirless, by the way?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Daeren posted:

Give them a hundred years or so. They'll be back, in time.

This is now canon for this LP. I expect them as a religion springing up during the reformation, or at least a faction of heretics. :colbert:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Nakar posted:

Basically either Desert terrain isn't properly modeling what most "desert" areas are like, in which case there should be a Wasteland terrain or something for truly inhospitable provinces, or else Paradox just believes the entire Muslim world is a sandy hellhole.

Victoria 2 has plenty of grassland and plains in the region, so I think it's an older problem. I can't remember EU III's map right now.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

thark posted:

I've heard it said that, lucky nations or not, the colonial rainbow clusterfuck got significantly worse with DW (with various theories as to what specific change is the leading cause).

It's too easy to make colonies, basically. I played a French Revolution scenario as Prussia and Africa was getting carved up by me, Hannover, Sardinia-Piedmont, the Papal States, Russia, etc.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

AgentF posted:

What happens when the game reaches its final year (I assume it has one)? Does the game say "Welp, it's 13XX. Hope you had fun" and end?

I think it gives you a ranking of countries, but that's about it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Conskill posted:

You can, but Kinslayer is a pretty awful characteristic for a ruler to pick up.

Only if you get caught. :colbert:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Will Russia still be able to unify as usual?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Patter Song posted:

I also think that the AI might have the same difficulty actually targeting Iceland as the player. Considering that it's only marginally on the map, it's literally difficult to click on Iceland, particularly if there's an ongoing Crusade. Also, it's expensive as hell to ship troops to Iceland even from the Faeroe Islands, let alone from somewhere in mainland Europe.

The AI doesn't have any problems with the user interface, so I think it's just a issue of range and lack of value.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Wiz, has nubia survived?

Yeah, Nubia is at the very bottom of the map he posted.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) Yes.
4) No.
5) No.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What does the Australian grazer look like?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

theblastizard posted:

The one game where I expected to get crushed and be forced to flee to America eventually saw me ignored by every power in Europe as I slowly waited for cores in America so I could move over there and get more money because my one province in Europe is incredibly poor.

Who were you playing?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A Noble Republic is as close as your going to get. There's no government to model a King who rules for life with an elected replacement in vanilla EU III.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Glorious Arms- Azerbaijan's worst wars were generations ago. Her military tradition should be based on memories of those past glories.

Patron of the Arts- The past century was one of quietly building Azerbaijan into a cultured and prosperous kingdom.

Bureaucracy- Naturally, the machinery of the Azerbaijani state should be in excellent shape after decades of careful Najjar stewardship.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What size were the colonists used in those calculations? Because I always play with 400 people per colonist.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Just out of curiosity - what would happen if the Papal State got annexed? I don't think that happened in any of my Paradox playthroughs, but considering our current Pope is quite weak and surrounded by united Italy, I like to think it's a possibility.

There's an event that fires if the controller is Catholic that forces them to release the Papal States or suffer serious penalties. I can't remember if they become a vassal or not.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Anyone got any ideas for the Byzantine successor kingdoms? Roman heraldry would actually make sense there.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I'm not really paying attention to all this flagchat to be honest. When do I get to argue about trains?

Sometime around next spring/summer, when we convert to Victoria 2.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Frionnel posted:

No, EU3 flags are 64x64.

Not in Divine Wind, unless Wiz is changing them back to the old version. They're now standard flag proportions.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Patter Song posted:

Bring back memories? Let's get this in as Rhodes' flag.

Who did that, anyway? It's a bad choice for a country's flag, but drat if a loving DEMONIC OWL wouldn't strike fear into your enemies as a battle standard.

EDIT: I just realized what this reminded me of- it's the Great Owl from The Secret of Nimh.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 30, 2011

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Frionnel posted:

Uh, no, the .tga file must be 64x64. I already did a bunch of flags for a DW multiplayer game.

Also: NO OWLS!

Oh, the files, yeah, I was thinking of the flags in-game.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Redeye Flight posted:

I want to see Italy conquer the Papal States, and have the Protestant Reformation begin in Milano at the hand of Peter Waldo instead of in Wittenburg by Martin Luther.

...Waldo's been dead for a century and a half by now. Also, he was French.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Redeye Flight posted:

And this is why I can't have everything I want (yes, but he spent his later years in Italy).

Still, it would be beautiful. Protestantism erupting from the SOUTH of Europe while Catholicism tries to hang on in the North. Meanwhile Islam spreads up Iberia and into Southern France.

I'm not opposed to Protestantism beginning in an ahistorical location, especially given the situation in this timeline's Italy, but I am opposed to a known figure coming about 150 years after he was supposed to have died.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

The way I see it, we have two options for the flag for Azerbaijan. Vote for either option A or option B.

Option A:

Option B:

Option B, but the moon needs to be blood red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Couldn't you just give them a triggered modifier that cuts their income down to size, like China? Call it "gently caress you, Otakus" or something.

• Locked thread