Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

And here I was thinking the Glorious Sjrb Continued Conquest of Romes was schizophrenic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Keep this guy around someplace, I just know he'll live along, unhealthy and insane life.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Gorgo Primus posted:

The none are a proud people with a rich history of doing nothing. Shame we didn't choose to LP as them.

Not a lot would've happened though, so I doubt it'd have been an interesting LP. The none don't even bother naming their children, why should they care about wars, wealth or religion?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Are the mongols still ruled by the blind crazy man?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

With any luck, EU3 is going to start with a nearly united Italy.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

At least Qutaiba's not dead! Yet...

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Is Italy going to get all of its universities? If so, they're going to be the Big Bad of this game I think. Italy is full of drat rich provinces already, the half a dozen universities they start with make playing regular EU3 Milan/Austria very easy.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

1) Did Timur die during his first military campaign? No.
2) Did Zabulistan successfully resist the Ghaznavid invasion?Yes.
3) Did the Mongol invasion of Japan succeed in reaching the island?Yes.
4) Did the Australian megafauna survive human migration into the continent?No.
5) Did Sundiata Keita die in exile? Yes.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Frionnel posted:

Because you're a masochist and want to rewrite all of it from scratch?

He's having someone else rewrite it all from scratch.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Servant posted:

Rome.[/i])

To add to these reasons, we're also taking over all the Romes in the Sjrb LP thread, whenever it feels like getting back on track.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Change Ghent to Gent, which is the correct Dutch spelling. Bit silly to have the Dutch names for Vlaanderen and Antwerpen, but then throw in Ghent.

If Artois is Flemish, it could be called Artesië. But it'd depend on how long it's been part of Flanders.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

If you'd set Japan at tech 0 on government, trade and production, perhaps with a harsher negative tech modifier, wouldn't they get a slow enough start that it'd take a few decades for them to compete with their neighbours?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

What if you make the Ikko Ikki a Horde, will they be automatically at war with their neighbours then?

Fix one terrible Paradox decision with another!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wiz posted:

Would you guys be terribly sad if I just skipped the whole Australian tags and did something with the vote in V2 instead?

No Kangaroo Cavalry? :(

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Flanders looks like a bear in the world map.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

ZearothK posted:

There's no point in a war that will not guarantee pretty borders for our descendants. Think of the children!

What if the children fancy octopi or sea anemones? We need to spread our tendrils everywhere, while leaving space in between our expansion lines as to best imitate sea life!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

A

Usury is against Allah's will, so why would we have need of banks at all?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Kainser posted:

But yeah, there isn't really any reactionary counterpart to Bill of Rights and such.

Ugh, now I want some sort of Bill of Duties that increases income, recruit speed and discipline or something, at the cost of 5 yearly infamy.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

zeek40 posted:

amazing flag

I don't know whether to respond using :golfclap: or :shlick:

Clearly the best flag to come out of a Paradox Mega-LP.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Battlefield Commissions

Good generals are the best, better generals are even greater.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Our current king is a military genius anyway. All of those people you listed were kings, not lowly generals. The House of Azer breeds great warriors, we do not need to have our forces led by lesser men when our kings provide all the leadership we require.

Our current king is a 7-year old.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wiz posted:

No, but they have Holland as a vassal so once they annex them they will.

How is Flanders doing with their merchants? They've got a load of rich provinces there and they're only a medium-sized nation, so if they've got good traders going as well they're going to have a large tech lead in a few decades.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

That's the fun of EU3. You can be kicked down a dozen times, but it only takes one successful war to utterly crush your current nemesis. Then your borders expand and you will find a new nemesis, continuing the cycle until you face an 'end-boss' super-blob.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Government:
Option A: The administration must expand to meet the needs of the administration.

Ideas
Option C: In order to house all the administrators, we must build grand administration buildings that will require skilled engineers to keep out the people tormented by the bureaucratic administration.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wiz posted:

So you tried to get all the benefits of liberal reforms but without giving up any executive power.

Nope, I don't see how that could possibly go badly.

Look, the people deserve a lot of freedoms and decent pay and healthcare and whatnot, but they are still peasant rabble that is incapable of making the right choices when it comes to politics. Democracy just doesn't work!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

FadingChord posted:

We decided to tolerate heathens and were rewarded with...

We were rewarded with endless wars that cost many, many Azeri lives.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I dunno about the Holland-Dutch names for colonies, the Netherlands in this LP did form out of Flanders, which has the same language but a different use of words.

On the other hand, Flanders/Belgium never really colonized outside of Belgian Congo, so coming up with names would be pretty hard.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wiz posted:

I'm not gonna add a whole set of new colony names for Flemish. If you want to do it, by all means.

Meh, knowing us Flemish/Belgians it'd all just be "Nieuw-Vlaanderen" and "Vlaamsch Amerika".

Phlegmish, there's going to be some divide at least, Flanders was independent for a few centuries and fought/conquered the other Dutch nations. There's even a similar religious divide (although it's not christian/protestant). Anyway, I'm terrible at alt-history and will let you guys get on with the show :)

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wiz posted:

Finland isn't a country, its a Swedish province.

Your mod is a sham. It has no Flanders so I decided to conquer the world as Navarra, but Aragon arrived before I got asked if it was my home country! (it is not, but still!)

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

drat I hope Norway gets inherited. The Netherlands will become the top European player and will most likely beat Sweden to a pulp (or they'll get dogpiled and lose everything). If they get the Norse colonies, then North America is going to see some fun colonial tensions between the Dutch and the English.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Sockerbagarn posted:

You're overestimating the value of Norways territories, they're all too far north both in Europe and America and won't produce any good trade goods, unless you really like fish. Espanya, Italy, Burgundy and Great Britain will still be dominating.

Some of the Canadian colonies are fur and the Netherlands should be pretty goddamn rich with their CoT and all those juicy cloth/iron provinces in their homeland. With the Norse provinces they should get a nice manpower and force limit boost.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Let's not repeat Hohen-mistakes.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Y'know, these are all 3 ideas I always try to take in regular EU3, so I don't really care what wins. Still keeping my original vote, though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wiz posted:

Also, if anyone wants to reminisce a bit, I was bored and made this easter egg for the scenario with the most prominent/memorable Senators as EU3 rulers.

Honestly we only lacked income because people wanted to do stuff like raise relations with gifts and field an army. If only we'd built more mines in 2-3 gold provinces, we'd have been a lot richer!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Atsushogob posted:

Yeah that's what I thought, we really need fewer enemies.

The best way to accomplish this is to subjugate or outright conquer our enemies.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

What's with Byzantium and getting attacked by all their neighbours?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I thought if you made peace with an Alliance Leader (the Mughals), you made peace with everyone? Didn't know a minor PU member could even continue to fight while the master made peace.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I always find it amusing that it's both easier and faster to conquer Europe in CK than it is in EU3.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

How would Arsenal of Democracy handle the player starting with the whole world under his control? How would Hearts of Iron 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Lions, Eagles, Crowns, what else does a flag need?

• Locked thread