Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

Rolling with C. Because screw getting stuck with inflation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

A

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

Gov: A

Idea: C

I really don't like putting inflation on the side for too long but we really need to make up for the defence loss.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

theDOWmustflow posted:

Government: A

Idea: B

Let the heathens be heathens, their children can always be turned to the light. But no quarter shall be given to the treacherous Sunni dogs, the murderers of Ali ibn Abu Talib, the First Ali, and the Lion of God.

Voting is over mate.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe
What's our inflation at?

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

Wiz posted:

10 inflation.

Oh in that case:

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Oh jeeze, Russia is about to push our poo poo in aren't they? :ohdear:

Yeah im getting worried that they have a mission against us.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

John Charity Spring posted:

The +1 bonus to diplomatic skill is pretty negligible really. It won't make things substantially easier for us in securing allies - a tiny bit, but any allies we could make with that bonus could also be made without.

That's just it, a 1+ diplo bonus isn't really going to change anything in the grand scheme of things and will not help against the inevitable russian war where we will get stomped.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe
Uh-huh, well then.

Changing vote to

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

Conskill posted:

While I'm sad that A will win instead of B, I think I can tolerate it.

Don't worry, we can vote for it next time. Assuming we survive. :ohdear:

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe
Yeah the AI having a mission against you causes it to go into full jerk mode.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

Wiz posted:

Correct.

gently caress yea! :woop:

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

DarkCrawler posted:

you goddamn rear end-clowns, how much clearer can it be spelled in the update! :argh:

Just because of your attitude im voting :colbert:

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

Wiz posted:

The AI has access to all ideas, the 'Is not AI' is there to prevent them from picking ideas themselves so they instead use my weighted event system to pick ideas.

You're amazing.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe
Smithian economics, national bank, smithian economics, national bank, gently caress i can't decide! I think inflation is getting a bit out of hand at this point, so im voting for:

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe
Huh, that was fast.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

JGBeagle posted:

Are you able to play as Native Americans in EUIII? Because I sure would love to drive the British back for a history change. :allears:

In vanilla unmodded EUIII? Yeah you can but it's not recommended due to it's insane difficulty playing as a tribal. (barely any colonists and surrounded by uncolonised ground, atrocious tech rate, atrocious sliders and atrocious type of government, not to mention awful troop types.)

Even if you manage to pull trough and think you see light at the end of the tunnel? Nope, thats a barrel of a gun thats about to cut down your armies like grass and vapourise all your stacks with barely any losses on their side.

It's simply IMPOSSIBLE to hold out against europeans if they decide to land even the tiniest stack against you, the tech difference is ridicilous, and on top of that being a tribal you're "colonizable=yes" meaning they can steal all provinces from you just by sitting on them. In other words: tribal civs are desinged to be conquered easily, you can't win. Hold out? Maybe. But your armies will only last so long against horrible losses.

TL;DR: Tribals are an excercise in frustration and are unwinnable in unmodded games.

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe

Kainser posted:

It's possible to do a world conquest as one of the American Tribes in unmodded EU3, so not really.

Huh, so someone actually pulled it off. Perhaps I worded it too strongly as being "unwinnable".

Zero grinder fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero grinder
Sep 25, 2010
Fun Shoe
:woop: Wiz is back!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

EU4 is going to be perfect.

You are gonna regret saying that.

• Locked thread