Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am going to vote B and join the voices hoping for a progressive Paradox LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I am voting B sans commentary.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

A, the winds of change are blowing, and it is pointing towards a constitution.

B, with no additional comment.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Russians can be placated with the transfer of the Crimean provinces, but the people can only be tolerated by tolerant people for so long before it becomes logical for it to be codified. Also, neither A nor B will really help us much in the short term, we're just kind of hosed with a coward Sultan during this current crisis.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pakled posted:

Yeah, it's great from a narrative perspective. That's my primary reason for supporting it.

Yeah, from a narrative perspective, the Shura have no loyalty whatsoever to the dynastic ties, combined with the fact that the Shura has net gained strength with this Sultan (The Cabinet) and bringing in a powerful Mughal Sultan from India would not be in their interests. An Elective Monarchy would be in their interests and be attainable for the Shura.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Our manpower will never stand against the Armenians, as such we must stand with what has been our operations of the past, our intelligence and wisdom has served previous Sultan's well, and as such the only logical option is that which applies wisdom and intelligence to our troop in the field, let those with initiative and talent rise the ranks for it and become the leaders of men.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I predict that this voting session will end up in a race between the modern economic thinking presented by the European economics and the Central Islamic Bank. While the Islamic Bank would have and will be a perfectly acceptable addition to the Sultanate, I feel that it is in the best interests of the Shura to vote for the modern and innovative economic models coming in from Europe. As the Russian Bear also holds these modern economic doctrines, and we must not allow the Bear to be better or more innovative than us in any capacity save dying.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So it is a race between internal stability and the now many enemies of the Sultan as to who will guide the nation. I fear Sultan Burak may be bringing about his and perhaps his family's own demise in this battle, the time he must spend waiting is going to be quite a cross to bear while forces gather against him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

lullelulle posted:

Interesting, is there any chance to exchange Crimea for our Jews in the conference?

That should be our unstated goal, Crimea for historical Astrakhan.

Also, I really like the Borelia Union in North American, let's hope it can stand the Mexican tide.

• Locked thread