Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I broke my ankle a couple months back and had a lot of free time, so I built a baseball stadium. Here's a couple select images that I took:

And the whole album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Notch is having a two-for-one weekend according to a post on his tumblr:
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8829997577/wedding-weekend

Anybody up for splitting a pack?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
^^^^^ He would VVVVV

Kevlar Beard posted:

I haven't actually gotten around to buying Minecraft yet, but I'd figure this would be the place to ask.

Is anyone going to be buying a copy this weekend with the b2g1 thing going on? I'd pay half of the 20 or whatever.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

tinaun posted:

^^^^^ He would VVVVV

Cool, thanks for pointing that out.

Kevlar Beard, since you don't have PMs, can you contact me over Skype or Steam? Username for both is the same as my forum name.

[Edit] Or anyone interested in splitting a pack, if Kevlar doesn't respond or already got a copy from someone else.

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 14, 2011

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Sorry for the newbie question. I've tried google to get the answer for this but I keep getting conflicting information. I've recently started playing this and when I first started the place where I started building my base was green with rain and stuff. Recently winter seems to have set in. All the grass and trees are a duller green, and the snow doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon. It's been ongoing for like the past 4 or 5 real world days now. Is this seasonal? Will the snow eventually stop? Because I'm sick of it already.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mentholmoose posted:

I broke my ankle a couple months back and had a lot of free time, so I built a baseball stadium. Here's a couple select images that I took:

And the whole album.
This is fantastic. Any estimates on how long it took?

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
The fireworks are a nice touch.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

monkeu posted:

It's been ongoing for like the past 4 or 5 real world days now. Is this seasonal? Will the snow eventually stop? Because I'm sick of it already.

Are you just playing the standard game (no mods) ?

If so then what you described shouldn't happen unless you have moved into a snow biome, however I have experienced the locations of biome changing after updates which might have happened to you.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I've been having this issue with minecraft shutting down my pc lately, and It's starting to get real annoying.

What happens is seemingly randomly during play, my pc will shutdown hard, and then start itself again.
I've ran temperature gauges alongside and they didn't show anything out of the ordinary during play - and nothing showed up during a burn-in, so it's not temperature related. It doesn't happen in any other games either.

Things Ive tried:

- reinstalled java jre
- re-downloaded mc jars
- run with java set to one core

Sometimes I'm able to play for hours, other times Ill get 3 crashes in 30 minutes. I'm hoping someone else has some useful suggestions!

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

What mods are you using and are you using a patches minecraft?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Boiled Water posted:

What mods are you using and are you using a patches minecraft?

To rule things out I run with a completely clean up-to-date minecraft with no texturepacks.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
I have an extra copy of the game now if anyone wants it for :10bux:

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

tofes posted:

I have an extra copy of the game now if anyone wants it for :10bux:

Yes can we iron out the details in the morning?

steamid is Woofington.

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.

Fishstick posted:

I've been having this issue with minecraft shutting down my pc lately, and It's starting to get real annoying.

What happens is seemingly randomly during play, my pc will shutdown hard, and then start itself again.
I've ran temperature gauges alongside and they didn't show anything out of the ordinary during play - and nothing showed up during a burn-in, so it's not temperature related. It doesn't happen in any other games either.

Things Ive tried:

- reinstalled java jre
- re-downloaded mc jars
- run with java set to one core

Sometimes I'm able to play for hours, other times Ill get 3 crashes in 30 minutes. I'm hoping someone else has some useful suggestions!

Are you running a 64-bit OS? Download 64-bit Java using Internet Explorer, it doesn't pick up any other browsers and just uses the standard 32-bit.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

mentholmoose posted:

And the whole album.

You should've put a C for Cubs instead of the P in that first picture. It would explain why no one's there, you see :rimshot:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I have a Minecraft code if anyone here has ten dollars.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Sarchasm posted:

I have a Minecraft code if anyone here has ten dollars.

I'll take it. Skype or Steam is the same as my forum username.

[Edit] Sarchasm is an awesome person, thank you so much!

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 14, 2011

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

mentholmoose posted:

And the whole album.

I keep saying that I'll make something like this, but every time I start on it I decide on building another giant box house instead. I lack creativity I think.

moondust
Feb 3, 2011

Mo' Problems
Back when the baseball season started I decided to make a Wrigley field clone while listening to a game and finished the field scaling, the mounds, and the outline of where the bleachers and dugouts would be.

Then I.. guess I realized I'm not spergy enough.

Nah, I think I ran out of desire and weekend. Seriously though, cool field Menthol.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Asnorban posted:

Aww. I just bought this 2 days ago and have a few friends who are interested in trying but not in spending $20 for it.
Haha yeah I bought it about 2 hours before the 2-for-1 sale, and my friend bought it about 12 hours before that. That said, $20 is still a pretty good deal for something that we've already played for longer than Portal 2.

What's the best current way to get from bedrock to the surface? I've got my branch mine all going and I have a straight down tube with waterbrake at the end which makes it easy to go down, but the giant ladder going all the way to the surface takes forever to climb.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I always wanted to live a life of ease...

Most of it was built without the flight mod, which I only got yesterday. The interior will be next, and it will be covered with buttons and levers.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I always wanted to live a life of ease...

Most of it was built without the flight mod, which I only got yesterday. The interior will be next, and it will be covered with buttons and levers.

Oh how I would love to see that run with the zeppelin mod.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Senator Woofington posted:

Yes can we iron out the details in the morning?

steamid is Woofington.

Sent you a friend request

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfsram

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So Woofington said that this will work to fix the 64 bit java/steam problem

that all goes in your target field:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx512M -Xms512M -cp "C:\Users\usrname\Downloads\minecraft.jar" net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

iamnotcreative
Jul 28, 2002
What, you expected something creative here?
I found this to be rather impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAQETIr-uU

Isko
May 20, 2008
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for support to help you out because I've been waiting 4 days already to play minecraft still and I can't because I lost my premium status somehow during a period of inactivity. All I want to do is play some minecraft :(.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Isko posted:

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for support to help you out because I've been waiting 4 days already to play minecraft still and I can't because I lost my premium status somehow during a period of inactivity. All I want to do is play some minecraft :(.

Ahahahaha, Mojang essentially has no support. You're best off spamming tweets at jeb or mollstam.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another
I'm probably being really stupid but I want these three pistons to activate through one switch

As it's set up in the image everything works fine but when I want to transfer it to below to hide the redstone I can't get them all to work, in one underground set up I manage to get two on either side to work but as soon as I tried to activate the one in the middle it all failed to work. So how do I solve this annoying problem?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
So, whenever i play minecraft alongside Firefox or Winamp, the sound quickly becomes distorted. It stays that way after awhile after minecraft closes, but seems to go back to normal after a while later. The sound distortion effects all sounds on the computer, not just Minecraft. I'm using Windows 7, and Realtek HD Audio. As far as i can tell, my drives are up-to-date. Anyone have any experience or ideas?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

UnquietDream posted:

I'm probably being really stupid but I want these three pistons to activate through one switch

As it's set up in the image everything works fine but when I want to transfer it to below to hide the redstone I can't get them all to work, in one underground set up I manage to get two on either side to work but as soon as I tried to activate the one in the middle it all failed to work. So how do I solve this annoying problem?

Use repeaters going straight into the side ones.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Emong posted:

Use repeaters going straight into the side ones.

Fantastic, that worked perfectly.

Isko
May 20, 2008

SMP posted:

Ahahahaha, Mojang essentially has no support. You're best off spamming tweets at jeb or mollstam.

Well that's horrible :(. That sounds like a lot of a hassle, especially since I have no twitter account. Do you think posting on the forum might help instead? I think I'll do that and wait a few more days before I resort to any sort of twitter spam.

Isko fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 14, 2011

i2evielle
Feb 21, 2006
If anyone has an extra key that they are willing to part with for 10.00 or want to go half in on the 2 for 1 deal my skype name and steamid is i2evielle same as forum name.

Edit: Got a code, thanks!

i2evielle fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 15, 2011

SMP
May 5, 2009

Isko posted:

Well that's horrible :(. That sounds like a lot of a hassle, especially since I have no twitter account. Do you think posting on the forum might help instead? I think I'll do that and wait a few more days before I resort to any sort of twitter spam.

Haha no one reads the forums either. They're known to read reddit from time to time though, so there's that too.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Are portals/the nether still bugged? I started playing right after the update that made all portals go to the same place in the nether, and I just now figured that surely it had been fixed by this point in time, so I built a second portal several hundred blocks away from the first and....ended up at the same spot in the nether. :smith:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

mdxi posted:

Are portals/the nether still bugged? I started playing right after the update that made all portals go to the same place in the nether, and I just now figured that surely it had been fixed by this point in time, so I built a second portal several hundred blocks away from the first and....ended up at the same spot in the nether. :smith:

They're not bugged, you're just not setting them up correctly.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3430275&pagenumber=5#post394470332

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

mdxi posted:

Yea, long story short you have to build your way out of the nether if you want to use it for fast transport.

I finally set one up, but it was sort of messed up because I didn't realize other people on my server already set up another portal in another place. Though it's actually a fun adventure to have to go and build your way out. :3:

It also is a great use for massive buildups of cobblestone.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Is it still buy one get one free? Cause I just bought my brother a copy, and I can't find a gift code...

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
It's not the weekend anymore in Sweden :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It's no longer the weekend here either, but there's nowhere that says it's over yet :smith:

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 15, 2011