Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«843 »
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RowboatMan: Freezing time is an old P.I. trick...

Taffer posted:

You can easily limit the size yourself with the /worldborder command.

It's a small difference, but in the console version, the borders are always at the edge of an ocean, so your world is completely surrounded by impassable water. I kind of prefer that to an invisible wall with actual terrain beyond it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Gonna live in a beehive.

Dumb Lowtax
Jul 9, 2005

Save blue hippo from danger, vote for Moo Moo in the best cat contest

Plaster Town Cop

Mooshrooms look almost 3d on a map, with shadows

Lorini
Dec 27, 2006

Love my dawgs and love my games!

Has anyone explored the new ocean biomes in the latest snapshot? Once I get the ingredients to make the potions you need to do all the exploring (unless I'm missing something) I want to use those ingredients for other things so never get there sadly.

Btw, Mojang just hired a new developer, so maybe development will go slowly instead of glacially.

Lorini fucked around with this message at May 12, 2018 around 14:08

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

avoid the latest snaphot. 18w19a was killing old worlds, with 19b fixed. but 19b has an issue on multiplayer where you cant swim or float anything in water (like ride in a boat)

also I am getting issues crashing loading new chunks.

both are confirmed bugs but the swimming has a work around

Lorini
Dec 27, 2006

Roundboy posted:

avoid the latest snaphot. 18w19a was killing old worlds, with 19b fixed. but 19b has an issue on multiplayer where you cant swim or float anything in water (like ride in a boat)

also I am getting issues crashing loading new chunks.

both are confirmed bugs but the swimming has a work around

Yeah it's unplayable single player as well. Hope for a new snapshot on Wednesday.

Lorini
Dec 27, 2006

Better Together versions get Phase 1 of Aquatic update. Java version coming 'very soon'.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

I had never heard of the "Education Edition Chemistry" resource pack coming out with it. I recognize on reading about it that it's for interactive children's science courses and probably won't have much in terms of gameplay where most people's games/survival mode is concerned, but it sure looks neat, and feels like a clever idea.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"

New PiroPito video starts off very upsetting.

I think he still hasn't realized there's a time limit on loose items before they despawn.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Wow, I'm not a least bit surprised at what he's going to use the shulker boxes for

Jamesman posted:

New PiroPito video starts off very upsetting.

I think he still hasn't realized there's a time limit on loose items before they despawn.

It's extremely frustrating that he didn't even try to look for it properly, like it's probably in his nether wart farm or something

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

THIS DUDE HERE IS A REAL CLOWN

Every time I see an update in this thread at about this time of the week, it reminds me to check YouTube. Thanks

Kamrat posted:

Wow, I'm not a least bit surprised at what he's going to use the shulker boxes for

For anyone who isn't watching but wants to hear what the crazy kid is up to, he got shulker shells, figured out what shulker boxes do, and predictably is excited because this means he can carry a lot more cobblestone with him and this will make it a lot easier to build his very long bridge.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Buttcoin purse posted:

Every time I see an update in this thread at about this time of the week, it reminds me to check YouTube. Thanks

For anyone who isn't watching but wants to hear what the crazy kid is up to, he got shulker shells, figured out what shulker boxes do, and predictably is excited because this means he can carry a lot more cobblestone with him and this will make it a lot easier to build his very long bridge.

I thought he swapped out the bridge for glass? Or was that just to reorient it?

IronicDongz
Aug 18, 2013

there he goes

that was just part of it

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

Kamrat posted:

It's extremely frustrating that he didn't even try to look for it properly, like it's probably in his nether wart farm or something
Why the gently caress is he just standing there peering over the edge like 30 blocks away? This actually made me feel frustrated just watching it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just installed the Windows 10 version on my wife's 7 year old laptop and goddamn the game runs like an absolute dream. She and I have been playing the game since 2010, though we stopped for a few years after having kids. Recently, we were feeling the desire to fire it back up, but my pc is still packed away from our latest move, so we just had the one laptop that was always really slow with the game anyway, but now, holy poo poo.

Also, I absolutely love the fact that it was extremely easy for me to log in to the world via the mobile version of MC on my phone. Whenever we get a Switch, Minecraft will likely be a day 1 purchase on there (especially if the Better Together update is there).

Strong kudos to Microsoft for streamlining all of this poo poo; I don't care about mods, so I'm perfectly fine with it vanilla. With my son starting to get interested in it, I love how simple it's all become for us to play together.

Quick question: has anyone here ever used an Xbox 360 controller (natively, without some 3rd party app) to play this version?

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Quick question: has anyone here ever used an Xbox 360 controller (natively, without some 3rd party app) to play this version?

Yes I have. If win 10 recognizes the controller, then MC will as well. If it's a legit MSoft controller and not an afterglow, it should work just fine. I have both, and had to do some finagling back when win 10 was new. Now I think it's streamlined for aftermarket controllers too.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just installed the Windows 10 version on my wife's 7 year old laptop and goddamn the game runs like an absolute dream. She and I have been playing the game since 2010, though we stopped for a few years after having kids. Recently, we were feeling the desire to fire it back up, but my pc is still packed away from our latest move, so we just had the one laptop that was always really slow with the game anyway, but now, holy poo poo.

Also, I absolutely love the fact that it was extremely easy for me to log in to the world via the mobile version of MC on my phone. Whenever we get a Switch, Minecraft will likely be a day 1 purchase on there (especially if the Better Together update is there).

Strong kudos to Microsoft for streamlining all of this poo poo; I don't care about mods, so I'm perfectly fine with it vanilla. With my son starting to get interested in it, I love how simple it's all become for us to play together.

I pretty much only play on iOS because the rewritten Minecraft code is so much better there than the Java edition even ran on my gaming PC. Iím pretty sure itís giving me a repetitive stress injury, but it really is good software.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I pretty much only play on iOS because the rewritten Minecraft code is so much better there than the Java edition even ran on my gaming PC. I’m pretty sure it’s giving me a repetitive stress injury, but it really is good software.

Very aggravating in Creative mode, due to accidentally breaking blocks when all you meant to do was turn slowly.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

Attack of the Clones

I don't know what it is, but I can't stand the 'feel' of Windows 10 edition. Like, how the camera moves when you turn, jump, etc. It feels gummy compared to Java.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Saeka posted:

I don't know what it is, but I can't stand the 'feel' of Windows 10 edition. Like, how the camera moves when you turn, jump, etc. It feels gummy compared to Java.

Agreed. I constantly get input lag in the Microsoft version, which is weird since it runs better in absolutely ever other regard.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been creeped running around in caves when I mash 3 to get to my bow only to find that lol nope didn't switch weapons get rekt.

At first I thought I was just loving up, but it's happened consistently on Win 10 and never once ever since alpha 1.3 in the Java versions

Lorini
Dec 27, 2006

I play Win 10 and I haven't had any lag. Love the new Chroma Hills resource pack.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo I love this game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

Attack of the Clones

Good! Post pics of your base! This thread can never have enough survival base posts.

«843 »